1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody still stuck at Toyota Center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, May 26, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not so. I was sitting down near the floor and actually got boxed in by who I eventually realized was Corey's family. After the ESPN folks packed up and left, they let a few more minutes go by and then the ushers started telling us everybody needed to leave the actual arena seats and head to the main concourse. Like, literally making shoving motions with her hands. Then the tweets started coming thru from local news people saying Toyota Center was OK'ing people to leave. I was parked in Tundra and going to the main concourse would've meant having to go outside to get back to my car -- so I figured I might as well leave since it felt like they were putting us out / saying it was safer to go. When I was stranded at a gas station at 59 & Buffalo Speedway like 2.5 hours later, I see fans sitting in the same seats we were told to leave, being entertained by Dwight. Super annoying.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

3. Homey the Clown

Who is the woman?

4. Asian Sensation

Is Bun B any good at baseball?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard: &quot;I lost a vehicle in the flood. A lot of people lost a lot of different things.I totally understand where everybody's (more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/603626971910766592">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(more) Dwight Howard: &quot;heads and hearts r right now in Houston.It just hurts 2see our city go thru something like that.A lot of people(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/603626998087479296">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(more) Dwight Howard:&quot;lost their lives &amp; power.Just reading some of the stories it's sad.I just feel like this is our opportunity to(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/603627030303866880">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(more) Dwight Howard: &quot; to fill a lot of that joy that has been taken away with the weather.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/603627055176097793">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard lost a car in the flood: &quot;My assistant tried to be Superman &amp; drive thru the weather. I was not with him thank God (more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/603627663601889280">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(more) Dwight Howard lost a car in flood: &quot;My car is somewhere on 59. So if anybody finds an Escalade return it to the Toyota Center.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/603627697684815875">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Seriously, who is the chick with Adam Clanton?

7. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Plz hekp me. Still stuck.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How do you become Dwight's assistant?

9. BALLhog 247 365

Simone Eli from KPRC

That chick had the fattest booty, could not stop staring

Matter of fact I'm in that pic, still staring.

10. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Yea but she hates the rockets. This was after game 3
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">

Bye Felicia.</p>&mdash; Simone Eli (@SimoneEli_KPRC) <a href="https://twitter.com/SimoneEli_KPRC/status/602338995993849856">May 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

11. alethios

alethios Member

If you're still there, just hang out until Friday when we return for game 6.

Rockets!!! I believe!

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

True story: My mom was very close to becoming his personal chef last year. She interviewed at his home in Sugar Land and everything. All I know is that the lady was some representative who was Asian and also worked for Jeremy Lin when he was here.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

When we left the Toyota Center that night around 2:15 AM a Black Maybach went passing by us. Figure it was Dwight because he had gone back into the locker room around the time we were going to leave. We thought it was him. I guess it must have been his assistant because that's the only person around that area that I could imagine having that car out.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His asst was driving his escalade

15. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I'm still stuck. I have dethroned Dwight as King. It wasn't easy. It was like David and Goliath. Except instead of stones I used a basketball and my shirt as a sling. He is taken care of now.Not to worry though, I took his DNA and made a clone. This is one is better than the original. At todays game you will definitely see a difference in play, this one will destroy. I took his journal and made it my own. Toyota center is my home now. If you want to join our tribe you must pass a series of tests. We have made voodoo dolls of all the Warriors and hopefully it will slow them down. Long live the Toyota center. Long live the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  16. omar23

omar23 Member

Wow that's horrible that they kicked you out of the arena too. I had the same experience and I was pissed that some fans got to hang with Dwight for a little bit. They also gave breakfast and coffee in the morning to the fans that were allowed to stay.

I too ended up stranded outside the arena for hours. Please contact Guest Services @713.758.7230 and give them feedback on what happened.

I actually spoke to Scott Manley (AGM/Vice President of Arena Operations) and voiced my concerns this morning. He sounded very concerned and he is looking into the security footage and following up with HPD to get to the bottom of why people were being kicked out against their will. He told me he will call me back in a few days with some answers.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Need more creeper shots of the womenz

18. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Wow, that's inexcusable. Chanel 2 condones this?

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I live near Missouri City and have to take highway 6 to get home, there were some bad flooding too on highway 6 in Missouri City, I think the water there reached about 3/4 of my tires, I started to get kind of scared when I was saw 2 stuck cars 5 minutes a few miles from my home and I drive a little Mazda.

20. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I'm still stuck here. Waiting for the water to go down.