1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody interested getting a suite for the Magic (3/11) or Jazz (4/1) game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave2000, Feb 27, 2007.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I can promise you that yall will not have Lexus Lounge access.

"That was the worst fast break in Houston Rockets history" "I can't wait till halftime to go to the Lexus Lounge"

Bill Walton

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Pics of the Suite, again this is the EXACT suite we are getting

[​IMG]

heh, we'll have a "rep" to be a moinker for all of us during the game in chat :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

btw this is the view from the bar stool, not too bad

update on R2K's funds: running total is $125, with $15 from heypartner, airbullard, Miguel, RAID, XxShadyPinkxX, and myself. room4rentsf is pitching in $20, and freemaniam said he would paypal me $15. Clutch said they would contribute, but not sure how much.

again, there are 5 more spots for "bar seating" which is technically 3 by looking at the pics above, and the other 3 can either alternate or stand in the suite, my rep wasnt sure if they would add food if we have more that 12, but I don't see why not, she is going to confirm for me.

#62 Dave2000, Mar 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

nice.

I know that the only time I was in a suite, I was actually more comfortable leaning across the bar while watching, and considering my next question, it will make sense for me.

Does anyone know if one could bring a laptop with you if you are in a suite?

just in case DoD plays hooky that night ya know. ;)

again....BIG Thanks for all your organizational efforts, you are indeed Da Man.

and again everyone....Yall so f-in Rawk! Its gratifying to see and reassures me that the vid-time is SO worth it.

Best fans in all of Sports :)

4. Dave2000

im in the same boat as you, ill probably sit in the bar with or just standing the stairways with my 7Up :p

btw, add Naismith to the list, he was one of the John's that originally emailed me, so I'll give up my seat for him. So the list is as follows:

12 seats

Naismith
    tim562 for 3 - promised to pay partial at the end of the week and the rest next
    dskillz - promised to pay on the 16th
    airbullard - still setting up for meeting
    RAID - PAID ($166.50 + $15 R2K share)
    Miguel - PAID (same as RAID)
    ClutchCityReturns - still havent heard back
    lost_elephant for 2 - will meet on Thurs to pay
    heypartner - PAID (same as RAID)

bar seats:
    myself
    Rockets2K

btw, i agree with heyp, my ticket rep is a hottie :) and R2K, ill found out about the laptop along with food for the extras.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Dave,

I am DEFINITELY going but there are a couple of friends that I don't have final answers from. Put me down for the 1 seat for sure, and then do what you've got to do. I'll try to get confirmation one way or the other from the others by tomorrow, but like I said, do what you've got to do. If it's too late for them, it's their fault.

6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Tell them to keep their money ready. ;)

I've paid and all, but April 1st would be my first day of work if I my schedule has me working Sunday's until 5. We'll see, hopefully I'll luck out.

If not, there may be an extra I'd have to sell :p

7. ClutchCityReturns

Dave,

It's just going to be me. No extras.

Now I just need a paypal address and a total cost, and then I think that'll do it :cool:

8. Dave2000

not a prob, its basically the same $166.50 + Paypal charges (2.9% + .30), or you can just meet up with me. If you want to donate R2K, again totally up to you, add whatever to that total.

my paypal address is the same i listed in the first page

david2000@gmail.com

btw, R2K, your tix is basically paid, so if you want to donate, continue to donate to the TIP JAR, THANKS A BUNCH TO EVERYBODY THAT DONATED!!!! or you can donate for me :p, j/k guys :)

#68 Dave2000, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  9. ClutchCityReturns

Cool. The extra charges are only $5 which to me is more valuable than the time/gas it would take to meet up. Plus I don't carry cash so I'd have to stop and take some out. For me, Pay pal is the way to go :)

I'll do it when I get home tonight. I'd rather not try it here on my work computer, just in case there is some sort of firewall problem that could cause headaches.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dave2000,

I understand these tickets come with ~5 Tundra Garage passes. I'd really like to park in the Tundra and use the prestigious skywalk entrance. Can you get these tickets in advance with the Tundra passes? We aren't going to do will call are we?

11. Dave2000

actually I got 4, I promised RAID, Airbullard, and keeping myself one, so I'll give you the last one, since I said I'd give it to the people that paid first. As for tickets, I'm hoping to distribute them to everybody before the game, if people prefer Will Call, then thats fine with me.

btw, any preference on food, there is a menu on the pdf file on the first page, get back to me on that.

#71 Dave2000, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

any food is fine with me.

I'm also up for meeting downtown at whereever krosfyah and the Red Rowdies meet before the game (which usually is Live), then carpooling to the Tundra garage to maximize the Tundra tix. If others are interested in a happy hour with the Red Rowdies, I'll find out when krosfyah, et al, intend to meet and where. As I recall, they like to be at the stadium at least on hour early.

13. Dave2000

alright, 3 payments down, so far who's paid

me
    heypartner
    Miguel
    airbullard
    RAID
    ClutchCityReturns
    lost_elephant
    mystery John that post on here in which he doesn't want to share his handle :p
    mystery lurker thats wants to be known as "john"

waiting on

Naismith
    dskillz
    tim562 +2

R2K, confirmed with my rep, you can bring a laptop, not sure if its wifi, need to ask. Also we did confirm that they will be extra food when we add in addition to the 12 for the seats. Also, need input on what yall want to eat, if no major preference, i'm leaning towards Tex-Mex (FAJITAS FTW!) :)

btw, im also down to meet with the Rowdies before the game, awesome group of guys to meet up with.

EDIT: ClutchCityReturns now in the "PAID" crowd :)

#73 Dave2000, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  14. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

R2K has an aircard. (Verizon? :p)

15. ClutchCityReturns

Dave2000,

I just paid the $166.50 via PayPal but I wasn't charged any kind of fee. Was I supposed to add the extra $5 or so to cover an extra fee on your end or something? If so, just let me know and I'll bring you an Abe Lincoln at the game.

Otherwise, hooray for no fee.

16. Dave2000

actually, you weren't charged, i was to withdraw it :( but its cool, ill just get the Lincoln from you at the game :)

17. ClutchCityReturns

Dang. I thought it was an automatic charge through PayPal. I never use it so I didn't know. My bad. You did get the $166.50 though, right?

As for the food, I'd actually prefer the Houston Hometown Favorites. It seems to be the widest variety of stuff. I think the Tex-Mex sounds like a lot of the same. Tortilla this, tortilla that, and the "sampler" and "appetizer" sound kinda similar. So yeah, my vote is for Houston Hometown. Second choice would be Clutch City Classics.

18. Dave2000

aight since alot of people aren't paying attention to the fliers :p here are the choices:

Tex Mex Connections - Chips/Salsa, Southwestern Nachos, Tortilla Salad, Beff/Chicken fajitas

Houston Hometown Favorites - Snack Attack (peanuts, pretzels, cashews, and kettle potato chips), Spicy Popcorn Chicken, BLT Salad, Brisket Sandwiches

Clutch City Classic - Snack attack (same as above), Artichoke Dip with chips, coleslaw, Kosher Style Hot Dogs/Submarine Sandwiches (turkey/ham, swiss/chedder cheese, veggies)

got a few votes that dont care, one for Hometown and two for Tex Mex, need preferences from others then majority rules

wonder if could combine the 2, like get popcorn chicken or artichoke dip instead of nachos

#78 Dave2000, Mar 9, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  19. Dave2000

a few spots just opened, tim and his 2 guests can't make it.

so it stands at 10 paid including R2K, and 2 others I haven't got payment from. Needs to get verification from dskillz and Naismtih still haven't got back to me. either way, bar seats are still open, well actually seats are open because R2K and I don't care if we sit in the bar seats.

20. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

my food choice - texmex

i would like to sit at the bar if a spot is still open.