1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody interested getting a suite for the Magic (3/11) or Jazz (4/1) game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave2000, Feb 27, 2007.

1. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i'd prefer the tex mex connection.

i don't really wanna pay the 25 bucks a person deal, but if it's an overwhelming majority, i guess i'll do it, it's not a big problem.

2. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I'm not a big balllller like ya'll so I can't go but I will chip in $15 for R2K.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Dave,

Don't forget to let me know about the food. Also, I'm definitely going but I could have as many as 3 other people who are also interested. It's possible that another suite might not be a bad idea.

Also, none of the people in question would care to pay $25 for the open bar, so I guess that's 4 votes not to do that.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Alright, I just called and she said that as for food, its going to be enough for the 12 or how every many people that are going to attend. Its not all you can eat or anything, but its a good amount of food. I talked to her to see if I can see the suite tomorrow or Wednesday morning in which she said its not a problem. If anybody would like to join me, respond here. When I go, I'll see if I could take some pics so you'll get an idea of how it is, seating, couches, view of the court, etc...

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

i'd like to meet up to check out the suite. That way I can give you my deposit in person.

6. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Sorry guys, I have to cancel my spot. My funds need to go elsewhere at this time.

7. Dave2000

not a prob, no worries

heyp and I are probably going to check out the place tomorrow morning, so if anybody else wants to check it out, get in touch with me :)

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I would just like to say...R2K is THE man and if I had money I'd chip in for your ticket. That being said, I think my love and admiration trumps any petty financial contribution. I will buy your ticket to CHAT FUN DAY at Schlitterbahn Galveston this summer, if you do choose to go (you better go).

Also, I wish I was in Houston, I miss watching the Rockets live and in English and on the television. Next year will be awesome though, cause I'll be so close to the Toyota Center, and I'll have money with which to purchase Rockets tickets. SO EXCITED!! I'm gonna bowl on Miguel's Wii! Weeeee!

9. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Oh MAN, I'd love to. And I would if Bank of America hadn't screwed me up -- I lost $150 because my account balance didn't update for 2 days! I'm not sure what's the deal, but my Spring Break (along with the rest of Texas) falls when the Rox play Pacers and Pistons. I'm DEFINITELY down with going to one/both of those games. I got 2 others who have already called trying to plan going to 'em.

10. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Wait... Never mind. We thought we had the same Spring Break, but EVIDENTLY north texas is full of a bunch of piece of (expletive deleted) dumb (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted)holes. No surprise coming from here... They ARE mavs and star football team fans.

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

dude...blathersby...i feel your pain. bank of america online SUCKSSSS.

12. Dave2000

aight here's the roster in which will get me money or has given me money

myself
    tim562 for 3 - promised to pay partial at the end of the week and the rest next
    dskillz - promised to pay on the 16th
    airbullard - about to email if paypal or meet up
    RAID - PAID ($166.50 + $15 R2K share)
    Miguel - can collect the funds at work
    ClutchCityReturns - about to email if paypal or meet up
    lost_elephant for 2 - about to email if paypal or meet up
    heypartner (will meet up tomorrow to check the suites)

thats 12 there

still need to hear from R2K, pradaxpimp said he would join us, but told him that we can add up to 6 more that can sit at the bar thats right behind the last row of seats at $160/person, again thats regular price in which I dont get discount for the extra tixs. I will take pics at the suite tommorrow to show you what we got as in view, the bar seats, and the 3 rows of seats

btw, got my tax return :p so since i have the commitment from everybody they are going to pay, I will put in the $500 depoist (now this does not mean i am PAYING the deposit :p, but basically the my $166.50 plus the $15 for R2K, and RAID's payment), plus what heyp brings tommorrow.

ill post pics of the suite when I get home from work tommorrow, since I don't have access to the BBS to post from work :(

btw, Clutch emailed me back and he said he won't be able to make it but is pitching in for R2K

R2K's fund running total is $90, with $15 from heypartner, airbullard, Miguel, RAID, XxShadyPinkxX, and myself. Clutch said they would contribute, but not sure how much.

#52 Dave2000, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

heh

wow, has this thread taken off. :eek:

must say Im really rather speechless at what folks are willing to do in appreciation, I can only say, I sincerely thank each and every one of you. :)

Now, am I still up for this?

sure, and no sweat on the rest of my part, I can handle it.

hell, with the kind of work yall are puttin into this, I almost feel I need to pay *your* way. ;)

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

is it too late?

15. Dave2000

you can still join but just the bar seats for $160

just got to work, took some pics at the suite will post them when I get home.

16. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I will pitch in $20 for R2K how do I pay?

17. heypartner

3 of the Bar seats are essentially a 4th row.

btw: there is a big Plasma HDTV in the suite, and I'm sure the game feed is HD. There is a couch and 3 other chairs too. Plus there is nothing from keeping anyone from going down to the best lower bowl seats that aren't being used. Luxury suites have access to everything.

18. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

explain this to me.

i can go to a empty seat courtside by showing my pass to an attendant? and what about this lexus lounge i always hear bill walton talking about

19. heypartner

all i mean is that the Luxury Suites and the Club share the same lounge area. You are already passed the attendants once you get to the suite. You just walk down the stars to the lounge and walk into the club seats. They do not ask for tickets once inside. You are already passed the ticket checkers.

I asked Dave2000's seasonticket rep while we were viewing the suite (in between me viewing her,,,,!!) about if we had access to the Lexus Lounge in the bunker suite area. She actually did know.

But I'm willing to bet from my experience with the Compaq lockerroom-row lounge that if you show up at 6:30, they will let you in that area with a luxury box ticket. Just say they always let you by (as if you own a box). btw: the best time to go to the Lexus Lounge is before the game. That's when the majority of the celebs are there.

20. heypartner

I mean, she did <b>not</b> know.

Also, if I wasn't clear, the Lexus Lounge is not the same as the Club Lounge. The Lexus Lounge is under the club seats, where the lockerrooms are.