1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody interested getting a suite for the Magic (3/11) or Jazz (4/1) game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave2000, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

alright, here is the deal, we are definetely doing the Jazz game on 4/1, so far we hit the 12 with the initial people that stated they are in along with the last few request. So, I definitely need final confirmation from everybody to be sure.

btw, since we are trying to get funds for R2K, wonder if Clutch is interested in going if we pitched in for him. Respond if your interested great master!!! :)

As far as the R2K funds, its at $45, with $15 from heypartner, airbullard, and myself.

#21 Dave2000, Mar 2, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Mr. Dave, check your email homie

3. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

hehehe im mrdave....hes dave!!! this sounds like a fun idea...im a maybe for now, so cant count me in just yet...id def throw down extra for clutch/r2k.

4. Dave2000

alrighty, here's the deal, just talk to my tix rep, she can get us Suite 314 which is pictured below, well actually its highlighted 214 which ours is right above it:

[​IMG]

I need to put a $500 deposit down asap to reserve it and the rest needs to be paid off 2 weeks before the game, in this case March 18. I can put my $166.50 + $15 share for R2K right now, Tim just called me and said he can put in $75-$100 next week, and dskillz said he can definitely pay by the 16th. Im not forcing anybody to pay now, but im sure i'll get enough volunteers to pay as soon as possible to get the $500 to reserve the suite. Get back to me here or by email asap again if your definitely down as far as the definite roster:

myself
    tim562 for 3
    dskillz
    airbullard

EDIT: aight, how about this for incentive, if you are one of the first 3 to pitch towards the $500, ill give you one of the parking passes in the Tundra Garage. They include 4, keeping one for myself and the rest ill give for the first 3 to pitch in asap towards the deposit. :)

#24 Dave2000, Mar 2, 2007
  5. stangend77

stangend77 Member

great idea man....unfortunately i am getting ready to go on vacation.....how often do yall do this during the season.....i wonder if we could fill a skybox for most home games.......

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm still in. I can have the money whenever. PayPal?

7. Dave2000

awesome, with you, airbullard, and myself, that's the deposit right there.

aight so that's definite 7 so far, so the next 5 to confirm and give me a commited promise to pay by 18th, ill get the money from airbullard and clutchcity returns asap so I can put down the deposit.

this should kick some major ass :)

btw, R2K got $45 comitted towards your tix. :D

#27 Dave2000, Mar 2, 2007
  8. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

come on people, even if you're not going with us, if you've been watching r2k's videos, chip in and show him some love

9. Dave2000

thinking about starting a thread or just post a post in every vid thread he creates

peeps need to realize how time consuming it is to those captures and does it for free and his own time.

10. ClutchCityReturns

So how do I pay? :confused:

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Dave, this suite thing is an awesome idea......

12. Dave2000

well the best is cash because paypal takes a percentage, just wan to confirm a firm 12, so far at about 9.

13. Dave2000

alright its:

myself
    tim562 for 3
    dskillz
    airbullard
    RAID
    Miguel
    ClutchCityReturns
    lost_elephant for 2

so, one more left....

if a few more want to hop on, we can still add up to 6 standing seats for $160, and if we get close to another 12, maybe we can get another suite :)

14. ClutchCityReturns

Dave,

I may have need for 1 or 2 extras, pending responses from a couple of people. I'll let you know ASAP but I'm definitely down for my own seat still.

I have a friend who wants to go, but doesn't part with is money easily. He wants to know more details about the suite "experience" before he commits. Namely, he wants to know about the food and whether it's totally free and all that...and if there's a limit or anything on how much you can get.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

woah Dave2000. how did I go off your list?

heypee for 1

I can front the $500 myself. How can I get it to you.

16. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

That old fart doesn't need us paying for his ticket. ;)

Just kidding :D

I'm in for my share plus 15

17. Dave2000

aight, heyp ftw... :)

R2K, im down to sit at the bar for the game to get you in for 13. We have to have the master of torrents in the suite :)

btw, the running total for R2K tip jar for the game is $75 with and addition $15 each from Miguel and Raid.

ClutchCityReturns, well, im getting alot of response here, if we are able to get another 11 people to want to join up, im going to see if we can get another suite right next to each other. Still haven't heard back from VicVictory, and if they want to still join and get a standing tix, its $160, unfortunately, i dont get a discount on those :(

btw, PLEASE email me at my address on the first post, if there is more interested.

david2000@gmail.com

had a few people on here said they emailed me through my profile, in which I didn't get (RIP EV1.net).

since I have my initial 12, RAID, lost_elepahant, heyp, ClutchCityReturns, Miguel and I can all pay now. I am off today (also will be going to the game tonight) and tomorrow and work M-F 1230-9pm. I would rather join up then do Paypal because of the convenience fees, so I can join up with yall either this weekend or before/after work to get the payment. Just shoot me an email and we can figure out something.

Edit: sorry this is probably the longest post ever... does anybody have the link where they had the 3D seating chart in which you can pick the section and have a virtual view of your seating area? I swear, I can't find it anywhere. I wanted that because I remember it showed the suite sec.

#37 Dave2000, Mar 3, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  18. Dave2000

alright, I think i figured how Paypal's convenience fees works. Looked at the RedRowdies SA Trip thread and said that its 2.9% + 30 cents for each transaction. RAID just paid me in which we can confirm that. So, if PayPal is the way to go for you, email it to my address above and add the necessary percentage for the fee. If you would like to meet me up and just pay cash, then hit me an email.

19. ClutchCityReturns

Dave2000,

Please let me know about the food and drinks. Like I said before, my friend doesn't throw money around and probably won't go unless he can eat as much food as he wants.

20. Dave2000

ill get back to you on that when I call my rep on Mon, as far as I know, its a good amount of serving for the people that are going to be there, so in this case for 12 people, when I got into one in Nov, there was plenty of food then again, im not sure how many it was for and if the same amount of people show up.

while we are on the topic with food, check the Suite Sale flier here, and get to me your preference, I'm down for either the Tex-Mex Connections or the Houston Hometown Favorites menu.

as for alcohol, my rep sent me the following in an email

again, i dont drink beer and fine with just the soda, plus I think there is going to be attendants outside the suite if you do want to buy beer which I think would be cheaper btw than paying the $25 per person.