1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody else think we will do damage if we make it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Mar 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mooch

Mooch Member

I feel like this team will do really good in the playoffs if we end up making it. We have nothing to lose , and we play hard every game which gives us a chance to win. Does anyone else think that?

1 person likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sure. We can hang with the Spurs pretty well. Even if we can't beat them in a series, we can at least scare the heck out of them, just like we did to the Lakers two years ago.

3. lild713

lild713 Member

TRUE..

YEAH i think SO...This TEAM is Really GOOD...Just needa CLOSE out GAME and Hold our lead. and We're good..and Hopefully we make it to the playoff I wanna see us make it with this Roster we got right now!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

9-3 after the All-Star break, team is starting to gel and would be a tough out for any team in the west.

5. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

we might scratch the paint up a little bit but we wont **** the whole car up

1 person likes this.
  6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

This team won't go without a fight. It's been up and down this season, but they found the right time to get it rolling.

Against the Spurs, the key would be Chuck's defense. Keeping Duncan out of the paint would be crucial to winning games.

7. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

We could have some fun with the Spurs, shake things up a bit.
    Sadly, I doubt Memphis is going to fall, they will hold on to that 8th spot.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Depends on what you mean 'damage'. Can we win a series against the Spurs? no.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Never know what could happen though, the Spurs are old... 7 games will be alot worse on Timmy then it will be on anyone on our team.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Only if certain criteria are met:-

a) Lowery must play his best games and not be afraid to pass the ball to the open player!
    b) Brad Miller should help keep the bench warm!
    c) A super human effort must be made by all players.:p

12. RX2012

RX2012 Member

YES! Our momentum would be really really strong by breaking thru

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

we will make it tough for the spurs, I can see us going into 6 or 7 games series, but I don't see us beating them.

14. Mooch

Mooch Member

this team reminds me of the 2nd championship team, alot of heart. I hope we make it!

15. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I don't have any doubts that this team would give the Spurs hell.

I do have serious doubts that we can actually get in with Memphis playing so well. It looks like it's going to take at least 45 wins...so going 10-3 the rest of the way. :( I might start feeling a little optimistic if NY beats Memphis tomorrow and we can pull the upset over Boston on Friday. Things will get pretty interesting then.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think we can-
    BEAT SA! BEAT SA!

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

didn't you guys listen to the Morey podcast? There are so many possessions that randomness or streakiness is mitigated and the outcome all but assured. Low seed upsets almost never happen.

that being said, hell yes we can do some damage

we do give good effort but come playoff time everyone picks up their intensity

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Keeping Duncan out of the paint gave them a shot at winning the last meeting (115-107 Spurs).

Duncan had a pedestrian 11 points and 7 boards on 3-9 shooting.

Parker went 9-20 for only 21 points .... I'll take that from an opposing PG any day.

Ginobli shot 5-15 ....

I think the difference in that game was the Spurs ability to crank up the defensive pressure when they really needed to.
    The Rockets missing Scola that game didnt help ....
    I think they can give the Spurs all they can handle in a series. If they can get to a game seven , anything can happen.
    Its just going to be tough as hell to catch Memhpis the way they have been playing lately.

I also think the Rockets schedule down the stretch is a bit tougher than Memphis even if they are home games.

Houston faces -

Boston
    Miami
    Philly
    San Antonio
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    Dallas.

Memphis faces -

NY Knicks
    Indiana
    Boston
    Chicago
    New Orleans Twice
    Portland

The remaining games by both teams are against teams out of the playoff picture.

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

I think we can pull off a '07 Warriors...that is IF we make the playoffs.

20. AggieRocketsFan

We could win at least 2 games against anybody in the playoffs...