1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody else not upset at losing Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dc1985, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Margrave

Margrave Member

Not us, we will get that from our 8 million man Asik.

2. Margrave

Margrave Member

True, they have that 14th pick thing locked the heck up.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes, because they targeted Asik for his scoring and passing abilities.

Someone buy this man a Suns' t-shirt and get it over with.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

HOMERUN...LMAO

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That just makes it worse. When Adelman and JVG were coaches here, we didn't have many rotation players that didn't want to be here. It seems like the culture has changed with bringing in McHale and now half the team is hoping for a way out. Lowry wants out, Martin wants out, Dragic (if it was a fit issue instead of money) got out, Budinger was happy to get traded. Don't you have to wonder why it is that some players 'just don't want to be here'?

He's not the franchise player we're looking for, so it's not a tragedy. But, the hopes of plugging a franchise player into an existing supporting cast are quickly dwindling. I'm pretty sure by the time we do get that franchise player, there won't be much veteran support left and we'll be a lotto team for a while anyway.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

lowry is a professional. but yeah not getting somebody back for dragic is just BAD BUSINESS.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Meh, I liked Gogi but if he wants to start in Phoenix, over playing in Houston so bad, he can take his Dynex and go.

8. StevieCrossover

Well it is what it is. What would Dragic do if he resigned with the Rockets? Back up Lowry? Since we didn't resign our backup point guard that makes Lowry much less likely to be traded as Dragic would want to play here if he started. We now have to find a back-up point guard and I think we will pay a high price for one.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You would've complained if Morey offered him less and the Bulls matched. You're just looking for a reason to cry about something.

10. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Do you not know how free agents work?

11. Margrave

Margrave Member

Actually I don't want Asik, and I think the Bulls will match.

12. Mariachi ROCKET

Im more pist a Maury than anyhting. Goran wanted to be in the desert, aww well...

13. Asian Sensation

It's easy to look like a superstar when you're the best player on a mediocre team busting your ass for a big payday. The problem is Dragic actually isn't a superstar but a lot of ClutchFans bought into him really being one because of his performance over a 1/3rd of a lock-out shortened season.

People act like Dragic is head and shoulders above Lowry or Lin and that's just not true. I personally would've preferred Dragic because I like left handed players and Dragic is the best shooter of the 3 but I'm cool with rolling with Lowry as his game is more complete and he plays better D. Especially if we're going to bring back Martin and give Lamb a large opportunity I'd rather have Lowry or Lin at the 1 over Dragic because they're both better set-up guys. Also, If we're able to get Lin then we're gonna have a guy that's younger than both the other guys and he'll bring back some excitment and maybe get us some National exposure/TV games which wouldn't suck.

Not upset at all.

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Only took me about 30 seconds to get over it and I really wanted to sign him.

Does no good to moan and whine over something you have zero control of.All we can do is hope it was a wise decision,only time will tell.

He did show flashes of being a player that could be all-star quality,however the questions about inconsistency still remain.He showed flashes of brilliance when he played for phoenix yet they traded him,Why ? A lot of the talk was that he lacked confidence.Why did they give up on him after he had one the best playoff performances ever ?

He had a good run for 25 or so games and then during the losing stretch looked lost.Some blame Kyle but we just really don't know why.Is his psyche so fragile that he can't handle competition for a starting spot ? If Kendall Marshall comes on strong will he revert to less of a player ? Who knows ... guess we'll see ..I think the offer he was extended was more than fair but he isn't a Rocket anymore so c'est la vie.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

16. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed in that up tempo system, his stats will be inflated.

When he was the starter here he lead the team to the playoffs right........oh wait. :eek:

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I do think it's interesting that they were basically the same player last year, but one was playing for a contract where the other wasn't. I'll take guy making < $6mil over the other, all things being equal.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm indifferent. Until we get an actual piece that we can build around, I'm pretty indifferent about roster moves by this point.

Dragic may well go on to put up numbers like he did in that brief good run he had with us, but he's nowhere near the franchise player that some people act like he is. He could even make the all-star team and it wouldn't change my opinion on letting him go. Good player that will do very well in this league but point guards don't win you championships.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's definitely a disturbing tread, no doubt.

I would say it has something to do with the team's lack of stability and the roster/coaching staff being perpetually in transition, but I don't want to be accused of being a fickle fan...

20. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

We need to keep going for home runs or strike outs. The base hits weren't cutting it.