1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody Else Cringe At the Thought of Home Games on National TV?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PigMiller, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Best response.
    OP is too hype about other peoples time and money.

#61 Daddy Long Legs, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Handles

Handles Member

I think it's pretty shameful, but I don't blame people for not buying lower bowl seats. Tickets are just too expensive.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

At least we're not having former players trying to fight the owner I suppose:D

4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Well that comes down to the root of why we love sport.
    Why we feel a part of a team even though we have really nothing to do with it.
    I've never even been to Houston. But when I speak about the Rockets I say WE won, or WE lost. Is it foolish? Probably. It's the players and coaches who won or lost.
    But to me fans are part of the team no less than its players and coaches. A player can be with the team for a few years and move a long to the next one. I'm with the Rockets for over 20 years, since I was 10 years old.
    I've never been with anything else in my life longer than I've been with this team. So yes I feel a part of it. I purchase league pass only to watch the Rockets play and when I'm in the States, if the Rockets play close to where I am, there is no chance in hell I won't go to the game.
    So for someone that is so involved in the team, it is a bit disheartening to see a city with over 2 million people that is not involved with the team and can't find a way to fill up the stadium to push it's players forward.
    I leave close to Naples now, its football team was so bad for years and years. The stadium of 60,000 people is packed every game. And every game is a festival.
    Something with the teams connection to the city is lacking. And the management really need to do something about it.
    In the end of the day we are all part of this team, so yes we should be sad when the team underperforms, and happy when we're winning. And also, be embarrassed when the players are reaching in trying to get the crowd to help them, and you can barely hear anything in the stadium.
    It is called being a fan.

5. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

Tickets are too expensive
    Parking is too expensive
    Food & Drink too expensive

Harden got $200 million from Adidas so I'm pretty sure he is not gonna do HEB commercials for $50,000 Or however much they are willing to play.

It would help if Harden acted more like JJ...Friendly, doing things in the community, visit kids in the hospital...etc.

I also think that the Rockets & Astros would benefit being on free local tv cause a lot of people don't have cable & Dish network still doesn't have Root Sports.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I've been a Rocket fan since before they moved to Houston (because I was an Elvin Hayes fan). I've been a Colt 45/Astro fan since 1962. I was an Oiler fan as long as I can remember (I was at the infamous coin flip AFL championship game in 1962). I have been a Texan fan since their inception. I have lived and died with many of those teams. I just never felt embarrassed by the way they played or the way fans react. To me, embarrassment is a reflection on me - something that I have done or caused or personally responsible for. Clearly the way any fan feels is up to them. Embarrassment is just am odd emotion for me to get when someone describes their fandom. Disappointment, elation, frustration excitement, anger - I get.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets on national tv be like

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the problem is those tickets are bought so he excuse of buy them doesn't work. they sell them to corporations who don't use them. maybe don't sell to corporations unless it's a suite. must be a real person to buy season tix or something.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

No excuses.
    He visits the future nurses of America! He does more than JJ!!!

[​IMG]

10. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

I'm sure JJ Watt has done just as many girls as Harden but he keeps it on the DL. Harden walks out of clubs drunk talking to paparazzi

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do you really care about the rando-banging etiquette of Harden or Watt?

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Lol ok. Thanks for the psychoanalysis. Glad you know me well enough to come to that conclusion.

Look around the league. Tell me one other team, especially a GOOD team, that has a similar situation every home game. It's ridiculous.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Dwight did that and he got booed out of the city.

14. rockets13champs

Best solution is to have 8:30 local time starts... Houston is a late arriving city

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

heypartner likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

the excuse some people try to put out about tickets being too expensive as a real reason is false. Especially when comparing all the other top teams in the league as far as price and venue atmosphere.

17. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

Well I can only speak for myself but if the wife and I go I want to have a good seat because if I am up in the nose bleeds I'd rather just watch it on my 60 inch 4K tv at home.

2 lower bowl tickets = $200
    Parking = $20
    2 Drinks, snacks = $40

We make good money so it's not that we are cheap but it's just hard to justify paying $300 to watch a game in person that we can watch at home for free.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course there are instances and nothing wrong with that. that's why i pointed out especially compared to other top teams and their venues, you'd be paying much more there compared to a rockets game. its the other factors that come before the actual price of a rockets game to me that are way more valid reasons

19. Daddy Long Legs

Im not getting in your brain bro. I don't know what your thinking and not trying to psychoanalyze lol. I just think its lame if somebody voices the fact that they are bothered by how another rocket fan spends his time/money.

Criticize athletes and coaches : They are the ones getting paid to do a job. Any time or money a fan spends is his decision completely.

Im just not a fan of fans criticizing other fans

20. Daddy Long Legs

Arena looks packed tonight