1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word on the final Roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Oct 19, 2022.

1. vince

vince Member

I looked at the Rockets website, and they still have 17 players on the roster. Do they still have to get down to 15 players? And when do they have to make the cuts by?

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Days and Hudgins are 2-way. 15 regular spots plus the 2 2-way equals 17.

Dobbizzle and vince like this.
  3. vince

vince Member

Thank you for the clarification!!!

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Doesn't that 17 include the 2 way players that don't count towards the 15 total?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jalen Green
    Kevin Porter Jr.
    Jabari Smith Jr.
    Eric Gordon
    Jae'Sean Tate
    Tari Eason
    Bruno Fernando
    Alperen Sengun
    Josh Christopher
    KJ Martin
    Garrison Mathews
    Daishen Nix
    TyTy Washington Jr.
    Usman Garuba
    Boban Marjanovic
    Trevor Hudgins(2W)
    Darius Days(2W)

vince, Dobbizzle and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You know you are in a rebuild when you actually have strong opinions about the 15th guy on the roster. When we were a contender, I would hardly care about the 10th-15th roster spots. They were “break in case of emergency” dudes….now I’m complaining that we wasted a roster spot on Nix when the odds are high he will be out of the league in a few years.

javal_lon and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah at least Gary Bird has his moments where he just goes off. You don't have to play him that much, see if he's on, if not he sits. Nix is just trash all over, would've been better off keeping Favors for trade bait.

glimmertwins likes this.