1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word on Bev's wrist?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Sedale Threatt available?

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

At least this year, he did acquire another PG at the deadline. Last season, he traded away Brooks for a 3 who never played after his first 2 games as a Rocket.

But I agree, Morey should've known better. Canaan was a pretty decent replacement for Bev as a starter(at least offensively). Although it became pretty clear by the trade deadline that McHale did not wanna play him for some unknown reason. Even in garbage time, he was the last guy off the bench.

The moral of the story is GET A G-DDAMN STARTING CALIBER POINT GUARD THIS OFFSEASON!!! Rockets management has been neglecting this for far too long. Stop trying to plug in unknowns like Bev, aging vets like Terry and Pepperoni, or 2nd rounders like Canaan. Go get a legit PG who can lock down that position for the next 5 years during this title window we've got with Harden.

3. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

What is the point of Nick Johnson? I thought he was supposed to be a plus defender? He's not much of a distributor, but then neither is Bev.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Damn that'd be a tough blow, hopefully he can play through it.

Our playoff chances aren't nearly as good without Bev, he had been playing better as of late it seems.

5. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

The best PG available on the market is Will Bynum. Is he eligible for the playoffs?

6. solodolo

solodolo Member

I don't get mad with posts but this one I do . So **** off idiot . Sorry I had to :eek:

It's his fault that his point guard got injured ? Shut up

7. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

8. count_dough-ku

The problem with Johnson is he's kind of a tweener. He's really more of a shooting guard in a PG's body(albeit an insanely athletic body). Not to mention he's not a particularly good shooter and he's gotten almost no playing time since that stint back in December when the Rockets had their previous rash of injuries.

I hope he does get some more minutes over the next few weeks so we can see if he can earn a spot in the rotation. He is a decent defender and pretty solid on the break. I'd love to see him out there with Brewer and Smith.

9. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Marc J. Spears Yahoo! Sports says that it could be season-ending surgery! We are F***ed Defensively!!!

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm not sure what basketball they're watching. Bev has not been himself, but anybody who wants either one of those guys matched up w/ Curry/Paul/Lillard/Parker/Conley/Russ is truly on one.

I'd normally agree that he'd be the one guy to grit it out and play through it, but the fact that he took himself out of the game immediately last night is pretty telling. This is a guy the training staff has had to fight w/ over wanting to return from injury on multiple occasions.

11. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

The trades Morey made were straight up r****ded. Shved and Canaan were 100x better than Terry and Prigioni.

12. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

You mean the GM that got James Harden and Dwight Howard for nothing? That guy?

13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

False, that would be whoever you consider the PF starter since you would still have two PFs that could easily be starters. At PG we're going to heavily struggle. Now I agree with others, Harden should play major minutes at PG and put KJ/Brewer in as the 2 to fill the hole/provide defense.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Shved and Canaan suck. They're putting up stats on crappy teams.

N

15. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

It's clearly his fault that he traded away our point guard insurance

16. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Still better than Terry and Prigioni. At least they can score and penetrate.

17. count_dough-ku

Shved is too unreliable. But Canaan had proven he could step in as a starter and at least provide offense. And it's not like Bev hadn't already been hurt this season. Morey played with fire for the second straight year and got burned again.

18. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Well the good news is that Baron Davis is available. He is trying to make a comeback and all. JK in all seriousness though it looks like Prigioni and Terry are gonna have to step it up, unless McHale is going to play Nick Johnson. Doubt that happens though.

19. count_dough-ku

Johnson better get some minutes. If for no other reason than to not wear out Terry. I also imagine we'll see lineups with Harden at the 1, Brewer at the 2, and Ariza at the 3.

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Wonder if Nick Johnson could step in. He seems like he could hang on the defensive level. Not the shooter though.