1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word on Bev's wrist?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They say he flew back to Houston t get it looked at. Not a good sign but I have faith in Prig that if he gets a rhythm he can play well.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

WE NEED MORE INJURIES! MORE!

Beverley (wrist) "might be out while," the Houston Chronicle reports. Coach Kevin McHale continued, "We will find out the news on Pat, but the initial thought was that it might be bad. Hopefully it will be good news."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3964/patrick-beverley

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Im just gonna leave this right here...

[​IMG]

(for good luck)

Get back quick, Wolverine/Mr.94'

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What the **** did he do?? Sever a tendon? Break a bone? Even injuries as severe as those can be set and stitched up over a 4 week span. He would be playing with a cast, and probably a little pain, but nothing that Beverley wouldn't be able to tough out. I'm very confused right now.

5. JazzLakerHater

I don't understand how you can sprain a wrist by just contesting a shot. Btw, this is the second year in a row Beverley sustains a big injury at the end of the regular season. Bad timing.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

look at da flick of the wrist "(

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Everyone please take a deep breath and chill. Nothing has been said other than McHale's pure speculation. You saw what happened. It didn't look bad at all. And we're talking about Pat Bev Wolverine, Mr Freak Recovery Time here...and we're talking about a non shooting hand that he can tape or put a support on. Be cool my lil babies be cool.

8. basketballholic

This is a blessing in disguise for us. It gets prigs on the court so he can establish his jump shot. And JET is better starting alongside Harden anyways.

9. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

When Jet came in for Beverley last night directly after the wrist injury, we got downright murdered. Priggie's sub seemed to fix things, but it might have just coincided with Harden catching fire. Prigs barely touched the ball on offense and his defense is nothing to write home about. Between Beverley going down and Harden firing up the stove, we almost lost the game.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Didn't he injure it contesting a shot? How do you hurt your wrist without fouling or blocking the shot?

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It is most definitely not a blessing in disguise. We can win without Bev for a short while. We did it during that 5-game homestand a few weeks ago. But with Terry playing on a gimpy hamstring and Pepperoni's jumpshot not what it was in NY, we need Bev back soon.

The only potential positive is it'll give Nick Johnson a shot at some minutes. Maybe he can work his way into the rotation again.

12. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Hopefully Prig will start in his absence. He seems to take care of the ball OK but is reluctant to shoot.

Will Nick Johnson get some minutes or will they run Harden at the 1 during stretches? I don't like Terry being anything more than a spot-up shooter.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

A 37 year-old PG coming off an injury playing heavy minutes down the stretch of the season -- yes, such an incredible blessing.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've felt all along that Nick Johnson can be a Beverly replacement, he can do everything Bev can, plus a little more.

Prigioni and Terry are both very poor man to man defenders, and could lead to us getting slaughtered. If Bev is done, I think we may be forced to try Johnson.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

found this

16. SunsRocketsfan

maybe he can actually hit a shot now

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Bev is rafer esque in his shooting this season....

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If he misses considerable time, does Morey even consider resigning him next season? Bev just can't seem to stay away from injuries, and when healthy his game still leaves much to be desired.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nick was shooting 28% from 3 in RGV. He'll need to do better than that if he's going to play significant minutes. I guess you'd have to hope he'd get really clean looks playing w/ Harden as a boost. Would take his defense over Jet's, though (I think -- feels like I haven't seen him play against actual NBA players enough to say it definitively, though I think it would have to be true).

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I should have emphasized the can be as opposed to is.

He needs to improve his shot, and his general NBA awareness. But his skills (aside from shooting at the moment) are all as good or better than Bev's. He's not a great option at this point is his development.

But 48 minutes of Prigioni and Terry against playoff PG's would get ugly, it may force our hand. We definitely need Beverley, even though I don't think very highly of him.