1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word on Bev's wrist?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I really want to see more of Nick Johnson, next season that is. Hopefully Bev can come back and not be a liability, I don't think the team really needs him to be a plus player at the moment. Though it would be nice.

But on a different note, I'm really starting to like Prigioni's steady hand when running the offense. Very calculated and definitive with all his on-court decisions so far. Not flashy or explosive, but very much under control and decisive. It's actually kinda refreshing.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Apparently even wolverines need ligaments.

DD

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

not much of a fan of prigs but one thing that is a plus over PB. even though he can't shoot as well, he is a better ball handler than bev. he can handle pressure from a defender and not panic.

4. hakeemthagreat

No offense. But these are the idiotic comments that I sit back and laugh at. We will severely miss Bev's defense, intensity & toughness in the playoffs. Prigioni gives us a few good spot minutes and now he's promoted to " team floor general"? Do y'all just hate Bev that much?

Bev's defense has been overall consistently good this year. I can specifically name games where he played phenomenal D and nobody gave him credit.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

bev's defense has definitely been less than consistent this year. there was a regression period that lasted for a very long time and that went along with a horrible stretch of shooting

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

btw bev is far from irreplaceable for the playoffs. his role can be replaced by committee. this statement wouldn't have been true last year or at the beginning of this year but the added depth and versatility of players makes it a reality now. however, if he comes back that would be great as well and just adds to the depth.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You understand, adding "no offense" doesn't make your comment innocuous right? That would be like me saying "no offense, but your are the second coming of Hitler". It does nothing to lessen the blow, so just say what you are going to say anyways and can the no offense statement all together.

Anyways, in the bball realm of things, Pat Bev has been real inconsistent this season on both ends. He brings hustle consistently, and I'll give him that, but don't look at this loss in the same light as Portland losing Wes Matthews. Matthews offsets Lillards lack of D, and put's a competent third scorer on the court. The Rockets let the third guy exist by committee, and all they need really is defense. I'm not saying its ideal, but we didn't lose our third guy, we lost a really good role player.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It isn't hating Bev to acknowledge that Prigioni does a pretty nice job of directing the offense. He is the closest thing we have to a pure PG on the roster, and I'm pretty sure it's the reason Morey brought him here.

1 person likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

Watch him come back game 1

10. rockets13champs

Can we pick up a pg?