1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

any WiiU owners here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Nov 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I was trying to find one for a friend and all the stores in my are were sold outbid the adapter AND Smash Bros. I've seen the adapter on Amazon reselling for like $80+ it's riduculous. Hopefully Nintendo will restock

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea I'm sitting on the special edition GameCube controller but can't use it. I was thinking about exchanging it for a Wii U pro.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I saw the writing on the wall when they were still going for about $45 on Amazon... ordered one from Best Buy for in-store pickup. $20 like it's supposed to be.

Give it a shot, though maybe they're sold out too by now.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Did anyone here get Smash Bros for the 3DS? Was wondering if anyone did if they didn't use their pin to register the game with club Nintendo if I could use it

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

picked smash bros up last night...played it for a bit...now i haven't played a smash game since N64 days...so i'm probably rusty....but i seem to have trouble finishing off players.

whats the best way to do that in general?

also the only controls that attack are the left joystick and A and B right? those buttons and certain directions on the joystick do the moves right?

i don't know...it was rough last night playing computer players...i'll spend some more time with it this week/weekend for sure.

6. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Haven't played the new one, but it's always a smash move that finishes opponents off best - i.e. Hard Left on the joystick matched with A, sometimes B. But some characters are different and have special B charge up moves.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I heard it was a lot harder to finish off opponents in the new SSB. I think they changed the mechanic to make it where you need a super high damage % to really get knocked off in addition to increasing the out-of-stage borders.

Not sure how I feel about that since I haven't played the game to experience it myself, but it's not a change that I thought was warranted.

8. droopy421

droopy421 Member

It feels the same honestly, some of the maps are really big so it may seem that people can last longer. Edge guarding is still effective.

9. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i'll be completely honest with ya...i was playing level 1 computer players and i was still losing.

like i said only played about 30 minutes last night...i'll have more time today and into the weekend to mess around.

i know the game has taken off in a major way in terms of competitive gaming and such so the game has changed over the years.

i'm not looking to be hardcore...but at least decent enough to win sometimes haha

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Finally got my refurbished Wii U delived and it's pretty much like its brand new along with a brand new copy of Nintendoland. Can wait to mess with it tonight, but I first needs to transfer my two Wii virtual console games to my WiiU.

After that its Smash Bros...and more Smash Bros :grin:

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Don't pass over Nintendoland, though. That's a great party game in it's own right. Luigi's Mansion is super fun. So is the Mario chasing game.

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Target has 32GB Nintendo Wii U Black Deluxe Set w/ Super Mario 3D World & Nintendo Land for $249.99. Must add to cart for sale price.

Super good deal and great games if you're thinking about getting one.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

after years on the bench (at least 5) i'm back in the game. SO go me a Wii U and an xbox one, but decided to take back the xbox since I don't want to spend that much time playing games...maybe next year I will get the xbox.

I got deluxe set Dark Horse mentioned above. Mario has been great (just started the second world).

Nintendoland, fun little side game from what I can tell (only 20 minutes on it).

Purchased Zombie U for $10. Really good so far and definitely creepy. Still only about 20 minutes into it though. Already worth the $10.

Mass effect 3 - $20 new, which was nice. I haven't played any of these but it's been good so far. Barely scratched the surface and just finished the citadel stage.

Assassin's Creed 3 - $15. Again, never played any of these. It's been pretty good but I've never been a huge fan of the stealthy type games but it's still been pretty good. Just got to the frontier.

bayonetta 2 - got this at full price because it got so much praise. Still haven't opened it yet.

Finally, Smash Bros. Fun as always. I completely forgot all the tricks of the trade so it's like i'm starting from scratch. I'm a little confused how the board game aspect works but i've spent most my time playing 1 player or online. I do miss the gamecube controls, but i'm not sure it's worth it to buy the adapter and controllers...I knew I should have never got rid of my old ones.

14. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

My brother offered to pay for half a Wii U for me for Christmas, so I took him up on it. Besides the system, I got:

Bayonetta 2
    Mario Kart 8
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    Nintendo Land
    Super Mario 3D World
    Super Smash Bros.

Wii U Pro Controller

Since I also bought myself a PS4 with a bunch of games on Black Friday, the only Wii U games I've played at all are Smash and Monster Hunter. Both are great. Monster Hunter is one of my favorite series of games ever; I just wish MH4 was being released on Wii U instead of only 3DS. It takes some getting into, but I highly recommend it.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QvNA-ocsiMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Can't wait for the new Zelda to come out...was halfway through Windwaker HD and one of my kids deleted my save file.

Not. Starting. Over.

Took up Mass Effect 3 and can't quite get into it but will give it a little more time. Still playing Mario Kart 8 with the kids, Wii Fit U every morning and some occasional Bowling and Nintendoland.

Anyone try Watchdogs? I've heard mixed reviews for it on the U.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Heads up: Humble Bundle has a bundle for the next 11 days that includes 5 Wii U downloadable indie games for a minimum of $10 donation. There are also a few DS games in the package, and the bundle promises that "More games will be added to this bundle next Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. Pacific!."

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Anyone get any of the wave 4 amiibos? I over heard a guy at chick fila this morning saying Target had some so I went over and got a Jigglypuff. Not sure why I'm buying these seeing how I don't use them. Sigh.

18. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

It's almost like this generation's Pokemon cards. This time they are more useful, although not by much without the right games. Seems like there are a lot of collectors buying up the limited stock of certain characters. Nintendo made a right move in entering the market for 'video game/electronic toys' (Disney's Infinity / Skylanders). Lego is releasing their own version soon.

19. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

haven't busted out the wiiU in awhile...actually had it boxed up for awhile now...but started watching splatoon and super mario maker streams on twitch...decided to pick those 2 games up and hook the wiiU up...splatoon i meant to get awhile back just never got around too it. but the mario maker streams have me hooked...all the nostalgia...looks fun

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My son bought Super Mario Maker this weekend. Very cool game - I see tons of replay-ability in downloading other people's creations alone. I has that daily bonus crack fix you see in a lot of freemium games.