1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any veteran free agents we can bring in?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jimmy Chitwood, Dec 20, 2017.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I read that the suns plan to keep Cannaan.
    So it's very likely that they buy out Monroe. Plus he's been getting DNPs.
    If the Rockets could sign him that would be perfect.

Beardaholic13 and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

That would be a perfect replacemant for Nenes role if he were to sign here. He can be inserted in a number of different combos and do well imo.
    He doesent give much defense which is ok since hes gonna be primarily a back up.

3. Moleb

Moleb Member

until this last lakers game we had a lack of front court deph. I dont think thats the issue. And none of our stars play in the front court. I guess its just a usage issue.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We need a couple guys. If something else happens we are going to be spread thin as ****

swyyyguy and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Yep. But apparently these idiots think Zhou Qi is the answer smh

swyyyguy and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The hard cap and luxury tax issues are serious concerns right now. The Rockets probably hope to make a significant trade at some point, or at least want to keep that option open. You can't waste dollars on guys who you will have no use for.

7. fattz

fattz Member

Wrong direction —> 3 string should be rookies with promise—> Isaiah Taylor & Cam Oliver. Both would fill needs of the team now. DMtheGM did his job already —> coach would not play them —> they were moved —> we all were confused with their team departure.

They could sit and learn waiting for the call for help to come from the coach. Cap friendly for the “next big move” and tight rotation or not BOTH would be of help now and increase their own value as well. Moving them was wrong in my opinion.

#47 fattz, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

10. Nook

Nook Member

It doesn’t matter who the fans want or even who the GM wants. All that matters is who D’Antoni wants because he isn’t giving any rotation minutes to someone he isn’t crazy about.

D-rock, fattz, Pen15clubber and 2 others like this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we need a backup big and a backup guard who can playmake...

12. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

It would have to be someone on Corey Brewer's level...so CBA-level talent. How's the intel over there?

What's Jordan "the good rookie" Hill up to? Dropping that ass somewhere?

BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No he told Troy Daniels that. Lol

Thanks for stopping by Troy. Good cup of coffee.

Edited: Canaan

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Would the Mavs be willing to trade us Devin Harris for a second rounder and maybe Onuaku?

I just feel like if we aren't going to use our two young guards, then perhaps a veteran one would be playable. I'd like to see Tarik Black, Troy Will, and Joe Chee get some PT as well. I know we are chasing the first seed but we have to ensure our guys don't get burned out.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He soft like tofu in miso soup. Soft and salty. No likey

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Jordan Crawford, fourth guard behind harden, paul and eg. We need as much firepower as possible

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not much of a cap person, but I'm pretty sure we can't afford DMo. He's currently making 4 mil a year in China so I would think that would be the minimum he'd be willing to come here for....and I HIGHLY doubt he'd trust Morey enough to try and sign another deal with him.

Otherwise, he'd be perfect. He's a guy that D'Antoni would want to give minutes to so that would expand the rotation. Sadly, it can't happen.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No, but Paul was definitely going to get at least 30 plus minutes, and Harden was going to be the secondary passer.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

our legs finna be spread wide open :eek:

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

There aren't significant reinforcements coming until after the trade deadline when teams start talking buy outs. D'Antoni is going to need to put some trust in his bench players and reach deeper into the rotation. However, I think the Rockets may possibly be able to attract a decent buy out player chasing a ring provided they got paid from their last team and don't mind playing for peanuts here. I'm not sure what the buyout market is going to look like yet but I think we will have a better idea by early february when some teams start to fall hopelessly out of playoff contention. The Suns and Clippers seem to be two teams worth keeping an eye on in that respect but feasibly any team trying to save a few dollars on a roster going nowhere could fit the bill.