1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any of you miss Worrell,Bullard,Drexler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NafeesLACC, May 15, 2009.

1. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

I certainly do

Their Homeric take on Rockets Basketball is highly satisfying and provides a unique perspective

I miss the Drexlerisms, I miss the corny sayings of Bullard, I miss Worrell getting excited and uttering hilarious comments.

Furthermore, I WON'T have to listen to Doug Collins on Sunday talking about how kobe is the 2nd greatest competitor to ever walk the earth and how he takes a Scola celebrating a 3 pt play as motivation.

2. JakeVincent

JakeVincent Member

I do. I would take the local broadcast over the national broadcast any day.

3. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

i do, and i miss the post-game reveling

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

An emphatic YES from me! Those of you who have had to watch the Rockets games in the reg season and postseason on the National broadcast don't know what you are missing.

They may be homers, but at least I wouldn't have to listen to Doug Collins and the crew be continuously amazed that the Rockets are more than T-Mac's knee, Yao's left foot, Artest's past and the Rafer-Lowry trade. Sheesh!

5. Cbox

Cbox Member

I don't miss Bullard thinking he is the most wittiest man ever.

6. ILoveTheRockets

I need some worrell in my life while watching the games. tired of sitting through entire game listening to how great the Lakers are, and how Houston is lucky to even be in this series. I honestly don't think I have heard one meaningful comment about the Rockets while watching the games. It's all about the Lakers. I even turned down the valume after the first quarter lastnight cause they were still riding the lakers family jewels. it is disgusting. and very unfair to Rockets fans watching the games.

Doug Collins can goto hell, and JVG isn't getting any better. I need some bull and bill.

7. Raven

Raven Member

I miss Calvin.

8. lustdog

lustdog Member

I've been missing Bob Sura until I see the energy in AB.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i was actually thingking about that today. im sick of listening to national commentators.

10. HTR99

HTR99 Member

I definitely do, just wish FSH could do something or the NBA allow local broadcasts until the Finals start. It was nice to see Bill at the game.

11. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Most definitely.

I'm tired of the Rockets hate from the media. Only Eric Snow gave us any respect last night. Typically I like JVG but even he was sucking on Kobes balls last night.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I like JVG as an announcer, but he was grating yesterday when he went on that diatribe after Kobe's tech.

14. VanityHalfBlack

JVG,Bill Worrell, Clyde the Glyde, Matt Bullard should broadcast every rockets post season game... I sure miss their spirit...

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I missed Bill Worrell -- slightly. But I'm just fine with the national commentators.

16. ILoveTheRockets

how can you be just fine with commentators that obviously are Lakers fans(besides JVG)?

IMO. The national commentators are just biased Lakers fans that can't say anything about the Rockets in a positive light until the Rockets clearly have the game won, then they start giving the littlist bit of props to the Rockets only because it's on national t.v.

the commentators are trash, plain and simple. And Collins can goto hell.

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'll go all Bill Simmons on you all and share my dad's perspective on this, which I had to agree with after hearing it. On the Rockets' local broadcast, they make sure to show the replay every time the officiating is in doubt. They don't seem to care whether we understand why the whistle got blown on TNT or ABC. They probably aren't allowed to call too much attention to the NBA's refs. I hate that because if I miss a play and get confused about the call, I usually won't see it again and that's that.

18. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I don't miss Drexler, but do miss Bill & Bull. And Calvin :(

19. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

i didnt know they didnt broadcast locally for the 2nd round and above

20. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

Ditto. I wanted to mute the tv.