1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any MMA Fans here??

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by verti89, Feb 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. verti89

verti89 Member

There is nothing I enjoy more than watching some Rox own the Mavs, but when that's not available I dig into my constant queue of UFC material. Just wondering what the popularity of MMA and specifically the UFC is on the boards here. Personally I am a huge fan of Anderson Silva and while I don't like GSP I think he is a heckuva fighter.

2. fat kid

fat kid Member

whenever there's a MMA event, often there will be a thread here to discuss the action

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yes there are a lot of MMA fans here, but pretty much only post when there is an event.

I agree that The Spider is a monster.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, there's usually a thread for the big events. I heard about a big upset tonight, though. I know I wasn't expecting it. (I don't want to spoil it for anybody in case they want to watch... hehe).

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

In case you guys don't get the reference, UFC 95 is on right now on Spike TV. :)

6. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

My friend at UH has a MMA fight coming up during the summer.

7. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

my man chael got choked. :)

8. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I've been watching it since their were no rules and time limits. Actually i think there was 1 rule and it was no eye gouging. I still miss the no weight classes, gloves, and no rounds. If you can remember many people laughed at Gracie because he wore a Gi instead of shorts or some speedo the wrestlers wore. :eek:

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Crap, I forgot about this tonight while watching the Texas/OU game. Care to post what happened with a spoiler tag?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Here you go :

Josh Koscheck got knocked the eff out by undefeated, but UFC first-timer Paulo Thiago. It was an upper cut out of nowhere from what I recall and Josh was actually tagging Paulo up to that point, but then BLAM... match over.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

BTW, there were some really good knockouts and submissions in tonight's card. Some no-names, but still pretty vicious endings.

12. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Comment on the outcome.

Josh recovered fairly quickly. Knowing Josh's ground skills, I thought the ref called it too soon. You could tell the guy did not want to get close to Josh on the ground and risk a submission.

13. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

GSP and Rampage are my favs

14. ILoveTheRockets

Stevenson showed a lot of heart standing up with Sanchez tonight... very impressive fight.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

For a Cable TV and many No-Names I thought this was an EXCELLENT VERY VERY VERY ENTERTAINING event. Better then the recent PPV's have been by far.