1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Furkan A. Updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 21, 2012.

1. thisiscaketown

Hopefully he learns how to shoot 3's from Ersan Ilyasova.

2. munco

munco Member

Yesss another furkan PF!! Morey must have some stats that state playing a team consisting entirely of PFs will lead to a championship!!

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Another guy with a Turkey connection that Rockets own the rights to is Jon Diebler. Drafted by Portland, played in Greece last year, and playing in Turkey this year. Not sure how he's doing. 6-6 SG.

Edits above: left out to 'Turkey'

#23 mike_lu, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. str8diah

str8diah Member

Ok updates about Furkan and Diebler.

Furkan is good rebounder. He is smart and he knows where he has to go and grab rb. But in my opinion he needs to enlarge his size. If you guys remember Turkoglu came to NBA he was skinny. After 2 year he got his shape. Thats what Furkan needs also. His footsteps are fast, mid range shots are good, By character he is silent and easygoing guy. Not a player who plays for fans. But in my own opinion another Turk guy drafted by Brooklyn Ilkan Karaman. Watch him out he will be really good gun. Good shooter like Ilyasova but does dunks and rebound monster.

Diebler was in here Greece last year @ Panionios but it was not good season for him. Now he plays in Turkiye Karsiyaka and he does very well there http://tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=2357 look at his stats.

5. jvu

jvu Member

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah, thats Aldemir reason to not add more into this

4 people like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I hope Clutch bans anyone who posted a Furkan pun in this Furkan thread.

#27 Two Sandwiches, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. vatas

vatas New Member

Hello everyone. I am a Turkish basketball fan. I have been following Clutch Fans forum since Omer Aski's move to Houston.

I would like to give some info about Furkan Aldemir. Furkan's main position is PF, also can play as C.

He is very good rebounder, especially at defensive rebounds, and sometimes offensive.
    His quick feet and long arms allows him to block shots, and be very affective at defense.
    His short distance shots are very good, he is very affective in paint at the offense.
    He is good at FT compering to a big man.
    He has a lot of room to improve, he is hardworking, and never quits.
    He is very good at pick&roll defense.

He needs to work on his size.
    He is bad at long distance shots, almost no 3pt shot. It is a big disadvantage for a PF.
    Due to his size problem, he faces with difficulties at offensive end when faced with a bigger size man.

As mentioned, he has a lot of room to improve, i believe with right coach, and a lot of work he can be a good player in NBA. He might never become a superstar, but definetly can be a good role player. We all know that any team needs good role players to do the work, and superstar to get the result.

3 people like this.
  9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Aldemir is a PF like Greg Smith is a PF.

See: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6962226&postcount=107

Wouldn't surprise me to see him actually replace Greg Smith at some point, if Smith were to get dealt or sign with another team once his contract is up.

10. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Sounds like a Tenacious D song. I SAID FUUURKAN YEEEEAAHH.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Where's OHMSS when we need him to set us straight on how great Euro players are compared to US players?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mental weaklings like you cannot withstand the pun-ishment.

13. nbafever

nbafever Member

Welcome, vatas!

Thanks for the update on Furkan. By the way, do the Rockets have a lot of Turkish fans because of Asik?

We're impressed with the growth of Asik's game, although his performance has dipped a little recently. Maybe because of the long minutes, wear and tear. He'll bounce back.

14. ada32

ada32 Member

Welcome to Clutchfans.net!
    Thanks for the Furkan News. Please keep me post if there is any major change. Tia,:cool::cool:

15. TheGlyde22

TheGlyde22 Member

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

17. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Wow, i may have been out ofthe loop but turkey seems to have a lot of talent coming out of their. Asik, ilyasova, this guy hedo... maybe another team in addition to luthuania and canada that are gonna make a jump in international hoops in the future.

18. firat

firat New Member

19. firat

firat New Member

As a Turkish, I am a fan of the Rockects just because of Omer Asik. And also, I was a big fan of T-Mcgrady when he was playing for the Rockets.

20. str8diah

str8diah Member

Hi guys i am from Turkey as well but who is living in Greece so i can follow both leages as well. As before i mentioned that Furkan is really talented but he needs to improve his range shots .

This year Omer Asik, Ersan Ilyasova, Hidayet Turkoglu and Enes Kanter plays at NBA ( Mehmet Okur retired ) and 3 youngster drafted . Furkan Aldemir, Ilkan Karaman and Izzet Turkyilmaz. And also very young but extremely talented guy Kenan Sipahi (17 year old) going to be draft at 2014 see http://www.eurohopes.com/player/1362/kenan-sipahi/ for stats.

And yes because of Omer Asik there is lots of new Rockets fans in here. Its almost 3 AM here and i am waiting to watch game against Memphis and NBA TV Turkey already broadcasts 4-5 game/week in here.

1 person likes this.