1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Chance of Another Bronco chase on the Freeway ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Dec 5, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 15 years

By KEN RITTER, Associated Press Writer Ken Ritter

LAS VEGAS – A broken O.J. Simpson was sentenced Friday to at least 15 years in prison for a hotel armed robbery after a judge rejected his apology and said, "It was much more than stupidity."

The 61-year-old football Hall of Famer stood shackled and stone-faced when Judge Jackie Glass quickly rattled off his punishment soon after he made a rambling, five-minute plea for leniency, choking back tears as he told her: "I didn't want to steal anything from anyone. ... I'm sorry, sorry."

The judge said several times that her sentence in the Las Vegas case had nothing to do with Simpson's 1994 acquittal in the slaying of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman.

"I'm not here to try and cause any retribution or any payback for anything else," Glass said.

Simpson was immediately led away to prison after the judge refused to permit him to go free on bail while he appeals.

Simpson's co-defendant and former golfing buddy, Clarence "C.J. Stewart, also was sentenced to at least 15 years.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The life expectancy for pro football players is not terribly long. I wonder what it is for those who are also in prison?

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hope he has at least another 15 years to live the rest of his life behind bars.

4. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Can't be bad for America and Rockets fan. Last time OJ was in the Bronco being chased, U.S. economy was on the rebound and Rockets were on their way to the 1st NBA title.

Make it happen Morey!

5. adoo

adoo Member

according to a LV-based reporter, assuming that OJ is model prisoner, he will not be eligible for a parole hearing until after 7 year behind bars; he will get credit for the 64 days that he has already served.

In Nevada, it is a rule of thumb that criminals incarcerated for violent crimes (whenever firearms are involved) are rejected on the first parole hearing.