1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anwar al-Awlaki is dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, Sep 30, 2011.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm such an idiot. I fell into the trap of talking about something deeper than what Euro player is the next greatest Rocket or what video game is awesome with DaDakota.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i haven't seen random americans being sniped on my way to work or in my comings and goings since the death of this terrorist. when is this supposed to start happening again?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Do not be so hard on yourself, you will eventually grow up and see how the real world works.

LOL....

DD

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

One line of compacted, oversimplified bullsh!t I won't back up further.

Laughs at own joke.

My name at the end of 78,000 posts.

1 person likes this.
  5. DaDakota

Lighten up Leslie.

DD

DD

DD

DD

DD

LOL

DD

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Or politically feasible. The Saudi's may have told us that they don't want special forces operating in their backyard. Unlike Pakistan, Saudi Arabia has the clout to make us think twice about ignoring their 'concerns."

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He was a great actor and he had a memorable performance in Jewel of the Nile. He'll be missed.

8. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I think we already have SOF operating in their backyard. I'm guessing a raid was too politically risky for Obama, especially in the aftermath of the downed chopper that killed all those seals. Then there would be the right-wing calls of being too easy on terrorist if Obama brought him home and gave him a trial. Can you just imagine what the response would be if he risked the lives of American servicemen to just give a terrorist a trial?

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Dude, you're even more annoying in D&D than you are in GARM, with apparently less self-awareness of your arrogant annyoingness (sic) than Michael Scott.

Then, when everyone piles on, you get defensive and wonder why me?

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Even more annoying is that if you put DD on ignore, it screws up the site layout due to the fact that he posts somewhere between 12 and 400 posts per thread.

11. DaDakota

Hey, if someone is going to come in and make a snide comment, I guess it is my fault that I give it right back.

Oh well....que cera cera.

DD

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's speculation on my part, just as your comment that special forces are already "operating in their backyard" is speculation of your own. It would also depend on what's considered SA's "backyard." I think Yemen fits. As for the other comments, I seriously doubt that the downed chopper had any impact on the decision to take this guy out with a drone fired missile. And bringing an American terrorist home for a trial as a negative politically? I don't see it. If we lost people capturing this guy in order to bring him home for a trial, I can see that being a political risk, but concern for the lives of our people would be outweighing possible political repercussions at home. Frankly, I would have liked to have seen this fellow captured, returned to America, and put on trial, but not if the risk was considered an undue one compared to just taking him out. That apparently was the case.

13. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

HEYYYYYY ROCKETS FANS. WTF is que cera cera? Did you mean "Que sera. Sera?"

Seriously, do you not recognize your own playground antics? BUT, He did it first!!! DD, DD, DD LOL DD.

F**king 80,000 click, attention starved child. I'm done, someone else take out the trash.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who is
    [​IMG]?

for $600, Alex

15. DaDakota

I certainly have you dancing like a chicken on a hot grill now don't I?

If you mess with the bull you get the thorns...

;)

DD

16. DaDakota

Got to love all the guys that have argued with me about their religion coming in taking shots.

They are on the list....THE LIST DANG IT !!!

DD

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Did Dan Rather take over DaDakota's account?

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

All I could think of was:

[​IMG]

19. DaDakota

HEHEH....and that one was on purpose....

DD

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, sometimes you have to take action, but it always has to be appropriate,
    and you find out what's inappropriate by going through the procedures. Seriously, when has given this kind of freedom to politicians worked? The mere fact that there is more than one opinion in this thread necessitates making sure that appropriate procedures were followed.

Now if you want to deduce from consistent historical inaction that congress is able and willing to impeach, great stuff. But not everyone believes that, and rightfully so.