1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Antonio Davis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Feb 4, 2003.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Great rule. Of course this 'proposed deal', back when deals were still viable for the current season, left the Rox on the hook for fewer not greater $s.

AD brings something to the table that is missing here in Houston. I'd still do this deal. I guess you won't make me GM?

2. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Unfortunately, you're missing the point of the trade. Rockets trade bad salary for bad salary. That's how that's supposed to work. Unless you think that Rice and Cato are deserving of their salary. AD would be better suited on the team than Cato. He brings veteran leadership for big men, something the rockets don't have.

3. Nova

Nova Member

ummm... no.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Heck no. This is an old guy. Are you guys going along the same lines as that other thread started about bringing Karla Mal-old to the ROX? C'mon... please don't think this is even possible... I think you guys are just getting impressed with opponents the ROX have had lately... (KARLA, Antonio Davis, etc.)... who's next, maybe you'll want to bring CB out of retirement?

Great point about the MAX rule, Sane. You are really not IN-Sane.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Note: originally posted 2/3.

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Now maybe if they throw in Vince Carter, and we get to dump contracts such as MoT, Rice, Moochie, we'll talk. Maybe we'll throw in Mobley, too.

7. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

I would love to have a veteran forward in this side.. but the fact that the rocks will be giving up there prime back-up centre for a 6-9 power forward.. with also Mo-T finally coming into some form.. and EG trying to be a budding PF.. i think a veteran SG or PG would be more applicable to the rocks....

8. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Antonio Davis would make a decent backup center.

Against bigger, physical teams, AD would play PF. Against smaller, quicker teams, Griffin or Mo T would play.

Also, Antonio Davis is a workhorse. He keeps good care of his body. Karl Malone and Kevin Willis come into mind.