1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Antonio Davis: Harden not a max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Nov 29, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

A star isn't worth a max contract? Whatever you say *******.

2. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Just a fantastically hypocritical interview (though some excellent radio).

1. As he stated, Antonio Davis signed a 5 year, $63M deal in 2001, when the salary cap was $42.5M. His first year of the deal, he accounted for 25.9% of the cap for the Raptors. James Harden signed a 5 year, $69M deal starting in 2013, when the salary cap is $58.044M, where he will account for about 23.5% of the cap.

During the length of this contract, Antonio Davis's best year was 14.5/9.6 on 42.6% shooting; If he's a max player, James Harden should be making $30M, and LeBron should own 2 separate teams.

2. Antonio Davis was the PRESIDENT OF THE PLAYERS UNION when the CBA was negotiated in 2005. He was the one who first capitulated and allowed for the luxury tax which made it cost prohibitive for the Zombie Sonics to keep Harden and forced them to trade him.

Also, nice to know that neither of them acknowledged that the Rockets flew to Minnesota for the Sasha McHale service, and had no sleep, no shootaround and were playing the second day of a back to back. I'm shocked that they didn't bring up the Utah game; Harden went 1-6 against a team that can't defend, clearly a B player :rolleyes: It's completely obvious that neither of them watched the game and just read the AP recap in the morning.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

23 year old...

He's just jealous.

4. jose

jose Member

I feel the same

5. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

6. Allegro

Allegro Member

Yes, it definitely makes sense, because we want to know whether Harden is deserving of a max contract in the offense we started running in game 3. Hence we take out games 1 and 2. And when we do that, we discover that Harden's shooting has plunged to .383. Not good.

If we take away the flu game where he shot 1-6, his average rises all the way to .389. Still sucks.

Plainly the new iso-Beard offense is ruining our two starting guards. Why not go back to what worked in the first two games, allowing our best playmaker (Lin, by far) to make the plays, and our best scorer do the scoring?

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

On what statistic or math are you using that allows you to justify taking out Harden's two best game of the season (13% of the overall sample size)

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Inquiring minds want to know! And while you're checking, Carl, see if you can discover why we should care what the goofus thinks about anything.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Racist Anonio Davis.

Signed,

LOF

11. Allegro

Allegro Member

Can you read? I just said why.

12. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Harden is not a MAX player as of now, but he is not paid as one this season.

He didn't play enough minutes with OKC to justify himself as a MAX player, the Rockets signed him based on his potential, and he has until the end of this season to show everyone if he is worth the contract.

For now, the discussion is meaningless.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Can you read?

I'm asking you what math you used to justify claiming iso-ball started game 3, hence justify taking out the first 2 games.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Am I wrong but I don't think Harden gets max money until next season. This season he is only making about 5 million. So technically, I guess he is right. :p

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Ah ha! A cleverly disguised Lin is better than Harden post!

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Interesting that you joined in July of 2012.

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Look no further than KMart who makes $12m/year I believe. Compare Harden with KMart? I would say Harden is worth $16m/year.

Of course you can say Martin is overpaid. But Hollinger actually compared Harden's performance this year with the guys that truly deserve max money. And his conclusion is he's worth it. I trust him more than a never-has-been Davis.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229976

18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Hmm, this doesn't makes sense. Davis is on their side.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You're right. His extension starts next year.
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

As a rockets I say, in beard I trust!