1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Antoine Wright puts Elie on blast

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Ellie just Kiss of Death'ed his career.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Antoine Wright probably didn't help himself, but I think this will hurt Mario as well. It seemed like it was a small group and elie doing what he did didn't help anyone.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Elie should've took the picture.. Wright shouldn't have blown up over it.

4. Defy9

Defy9 Member

So they traded/released him because he called out Elie...Surely not the only reason, sounds more like an excuse on why I have no idea who this guy even is...

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wright overreacted and probably isn't the brightest guy out there but Elie should have taken that picture.

They're all together at a team event and it's one of his player's moms, it's not some random fan at a restaurant. Unless there's other circumstances involved that we're not hearing about it, it was kind of a dick move on Mario's part.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Stupidest thing I've heard, not everyone is going to be 100% accessible. If Elie said, "Family time," that is a good explanation, if she can't comprehend, her fault. I'm quite sure Elie would of been available next time, remember Elie's family lives in Houston, he coaches in Sacramento. His wife does work for ABC, so she doesn't have much time to spend in Sacto. I remember when Avery Johnson was coaching Mavericks, he said he would fly to Houston on off days just to be with his family. This is so blown out of proportion that Elie should sue A.Wright for defamation.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed. Imagine you're a manager and you're at the company barbeque. One of the family members of one of your reports comes up and says, "hey, smile for the camera!" And then you say, "Not now, I'm with my family." Hello, you're a manager at a company event dealing with employee relationships -- you're working. If you want private time with your family, do it in your house.

Wright didn't deal with it in the most mature way. But, Rocket legend or not, Elie didn't do him right. And that's a coaching failure, not just a personal one.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Antoine Wright once said that Aggie athletes got improper benefits related to academics.

Fair enough, we know it goes on all the time, but he went and put TAMU in jeopardy.

Then... he elaborated on his statement.

Basically saying that Aggie athletes got tutors that went over the lessons, and that they received tests in advance that were very similar to the tests they'd be taking so they could practice before the test.

Umm...

Idiot.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So basically, the athletic department hired A+ Tutors for the team.....lol. Wright is a freaking moron.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Both of them were idiots. Its one thing if Ellie was in his house, but he's in public, and as JV already said its one of the player's mothers, not some random fan.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Elie's a cool cat who've I've been lucky enough to meet before, don't think there's any kind of issue, I doubt he was rude about it. Wright just made a bigger deal out it than needed from the sounds of it.

12. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

^This