1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Antiperspirant/Deoderant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Dec 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

After reading some information lately that says Aluminum based antiperspirants may be the cause of those yellow underarm stains on white shirts I think I am going to try out a new form of deoderant. I've been using Gillete Cool Wave Clearstick (labelled as antiperspirant/deoderant).

I've been thinking about using Old Spice High Endurance deoderant after hearing some good things.

I've also been considering using some sort of body spray like "bod", but I'm unsure about how well it would work.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Old Spice turns white undershirts yellow.

...but you should really replace the shirts before it gets to that point. It takes quite a bit of time to make the color turn.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Mitchum. So effective you could skip a day.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My t-shirts turn yellow , and I relegate those shirts to just undershirts and not any type of outerwear.

In the winter it might be possible to get away with just a deoderant, but in the summer, that won't cut it.

5. Just B

Just B Member

I use Speed Stick Avalanche (some clear blue deodorant) as my regular deodorant, then I use Right Guard X-Treme Cool Spray just as a "smell good". That Cool Spray leaves ya smelling good for a long time.

6. rudager

rudager Member

Agreed. And one of the few with an unscented option.

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I use Degree anti-perspirant and it works well.

I also drench myself in the finest colognes, designed to further titillate my female suitors. Nothing but the best for The_Conquistador and his BONITAS.

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i agree also. i've skipped a couple of days to test. the stuff works.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Um, perspiration causes the yellowing...

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Polo Sport....

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I really am not so sure. With Old Spice high endurance, I never, ever sweat under my arms, even during the summer when it's hot as hell. I think it's the deodorant.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

lol

sorry jorge . . but man the 1st thing that came to my mind
    reading this was
    JEFF IN RICHMOND

Rocket River
    SpeedStick

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I've had a little success washing t-shirts twice: first w/ extra bleach in the water, then the second time with white vinegar (presoak directly on the stains).

You might need to wash a third time just to get all of the cleaning smells out. :)

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Old Spice High Endurance gets generally good reviews from the reviewers at epinions.com

Pros: Smells nice, inexpensive, gives you the ultimate protection, easy to put on.

Cons: Will dry out if cap is left off, Stains clothing if you put too much on, can burn your underarms.

15. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I think that it's if you are allergic to the stuff you get the yellow stains. I read it in Men's Health somewhere. I used to use Gillete and had them all the time.... switched to another one and no matter how much I sweat I never have that problem anymore.

16. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

If you're allergic to the stuff, you get a skin reaction - not yellow stains on your shirt.

The yellow stains are caused by a combinations of your perspiration/body oils, your deoderant/antiperspirant/ and your laundry detergent. When you wash your shirts, the laundry detergent reacts with your deoderant and actually kind of "seals" all that in there and makes it harder to get out.

Easiest solution, like other people have said: switch deoderant brands.

17. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Another thing I found: definitely do not put your t-shirt on until your antiperspirant dries (if you use a wet one).

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Being a Frenchman, I have no need for a deoderant. My armpits smell like roses. :)

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've been using the Old Spice High Endurance Red Zone for about the last year, and it is good stuff. A friend of mine said he just switched to Mitchum from High Endurance and it is even better, so I actually just picked up my first stick of it today. I will post my results after a few days of testing.

20. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I don't wear deodorant, and I don't get stinky 'pits.

I think it's a scam.