1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anti-racist activist/philanthropist kills based on skin color

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Mar 16, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Actually a lot of people on the Internet have been praising the killer; some even wanting to donate money. I wanted to see the general reaction around here and people's thoughts. I am pleased that most people seem to not want to downplay it or praise his actions. I do find it interesting that you are lashing out so hard regarding me posting the story. What have I said that is ignorant? I recall only saying that I think we've had problems and improved race relations and overall our policies as well, in response to other posters. Do you disagree that our system has not gone in a positive direction on race relations?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That region is a magnet for crazy.... those types were the ones least able to blend with established society and got pushed into the corner there.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The system is racist - the bias alone in the criminal justice system is clear as day. It only takes a bit of honest research on your part to verify it, but instead you want to believe what you believe. The data and evidence strongly demonstrates the inherent racism in our culture.

And here, you point out this guy - and talk about the people on the internet that supported him - but you don't mention the 100x posts about people wanting to kill all the Muslims or how blacks are monkeys and ape like, or how Chinese people are filthy and hope they all die.

That's far more prevalent on the internet - how come you never mention any of that?

You quote white supremacists and you make white supremacist arguments time and time again.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's more interesting when something ironic like this happens... I mean common don't you see it? He's saying he's sick of racism and then killing... racially? Anyway, it is just less likely to happen with a white guy because white people generally have been socially programed to take racism on the chin or think it doesn't exist toward them. I just thought it was interesting considering the irony and plus I was wondering how some of the people around here would react. Seems like I predicted... some are trying to derail this thread into personal attacks. Why is that now?

BTW the system isn't racist... it's constantly been improving things. Did the Civil War not happen? Did the fifteenth amendment not happen? Did the civil rights movement not happen? Did the fair housing act not happen? Did criminal justice reform never happen? Did preference for blacks getting into universities not happen? Please man, try to convince me that's a racist system some more. Yes you can cherry pick some incidents and actions, or policies that were put into place or committed by racists. But overall, the system is designed to correct itself in a positive direction. There is a reason people are dying to come to America and it isn't because it's a racist hellhole.

#24 dachuda86, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are using one example to try to prove your case and then decry anyone else cherry picking. Do you not see the conflict in logic here?

The Civil War is not a system. Laws are not a system. Just because you have a law or a war doesn't mean systematic racism doesn't exist. Your argument raises the question of whether or not you even know what systematic racism even means.

I have not personally attacked you at all here.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What case? I didn't cherry pick to prove anything. I saw an interesting story and shared it. I have no case to make with this article other than it's interesting and ironic. Also the Union Troops who died to eradicate slavery were part of the system we currently live under bro. Also the laws, many of which are there to protect black people, are part of the system. My point is that the system you live under isn't racist and is the anti-thesis of what you claimed earlier when you yourself said "The system is racist."

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I am not black so I don't think the system really applies to me.

But I am talking about the criminal justice system and the education system - which both have been shown to have structural discrimination in place.

And yes, this whole thread is taking one specific example to generalize as a whole. It's the definition of cherry picking.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Never was anything applied to a whole. ALSO you are cherry picking to find issues with parts of the system... sorry but if you say THE system I assume you mean our overall system. That is what you imply. Those smaller sections of it may have problems but you are going to have to address those things specifically and convince me that those truly are racist and not something else entirely. THE system is not racist. There may be unfair policies or racist people but that is not THE system. Our system works toward equalizing things as much as possible under the law and in education. AND I agree there are some unfair policies. Like preferring students with lower grades because of their race and taking that chance from the smarter and harder working students. BUT I do not think it means the system is racist. It is a bad racist policy that the system will correct.

You could just share specifics few specifics you want to talk about... tell me which things in education and criminal justice you want to focus on.

#28 dachuda86, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Education: It's a racist system because the past 400 years have stacked the cards disproportionately towards black people being funneled into poor neighborhoods. Today, since the vast majority of public k-12 schools are funded by local property taxes, and a relatively larger portion of African Americans live in poor neighborhoods with lower property taxes, they are subjected to worse quality k-12 education which continues the cycle of suppressing the a large part of the black community even to this day.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/08/property-taxes-and-unequal-schools/497333/

This is why we should spend significanltly more in federal tax revenue on k-12 education along with state tax revenue. Reliance on property taxes is a significant reason for such drastic chances in quality of our k-12 system depending on what district you live in.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dachuda's thread quality is sure to improve once he hits adulthood. Then he can stop with all the silly threads about how America isn't racist except against the whites.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Relying on property taxes to fund schooling isn't racist. The issue you point out is about income disparity. There are poor white communities effected by this as well.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

America isn't racist against whites. It's not racist against anyone actually. Some things are not fair for certain groups and we are lucky to have a system that can address these issues. Don't put words in my mouth because America isn't racist at all. It's one of the least racist countries in the world that has a mixed population. You're going to have to hammer out issues over time whenever you have different groups living together and thankfully America is set up for this.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It is an example of systematic racism. It is discrimination when black kids get a poorer education than white kids because of the structure in place.

The criminal justice system is racist as well. Blacks are more likely to be pulled over for drug searches even though by percentages whites are more likely to have drugs on them when searched.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Your 1st example affects poor whites too... sorry but richer communities can afford better education. Not the system...

Also the drug search issue sounds like it may be racist cops and not the system itself. Again no one is denying there are racist people but the system doesn't have a policy in place that says pull over black people more often.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The system created an America were large swaths of black families were force funneled into poor communties. Thus schools being mostly funded by property tax disproportionately affects black families.

You are trying to equate "racist policy" as in the intentions are racist. No, today's distribution of money spent on education isn't intentionally racist. However it furthers the social and economic class division between poor black communties and non-black communties

#35 fchowd0311, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I imagine him to be a brown balding Fredo. The compassionate conservative in me compelled me to ignore him.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Not in the same way. You don't have poor white neighborhoods in a concentrated area the same way you have blacks. Like I said it is a structural issue and ends up putting black children at a disadvantage. You seem to be focused on whose fault it is or that there needs to be a fault. That's not what systemic racism is about. It's not about blame but the reality of the situation that currently exists.

And it's not just racist cops that are a problem here. It's the criminal justice system. It's that crimes that blacks commit have bigger sentences than the ones whites commit even though crimes like possession of a few grams of crack is less a big deal than raping someone. That's another way in which the system discriminates. Also blacks receive longer sentences than whites for the same crime.

The system is biased against blacks. The data supports that conclusion very clearly. I think you just are having trouble accepting it because you have been taught that blacks just play the victim card. But I notice also that your sources are linked to white nationalists and that might be influencing your thinking. I don't say that as an attack on you, but as an honest observation.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That is all left over from the slavery inheritted by the current system which is not racist.... it still continues to improve things... not a racist system at all. ALSO you are ignoring the fact that there are other poor people than blacks.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I cannot agree with you. The system we have is against those things and continues to reform. You are pointing to some problems but that doesn't show a system as a whole that is racist. Systemic racism is similar to a conspiracy theory. You are assuming the end is corrupt and using whatever fits your narrative to demonstrate it. Cherry picking essentially.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Like I said, the data disagrees with you. If the data doesn't convince you, you've already made up your mind and there is no changing it.