1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anti Mosque Rally shows the true racist colors of these idiots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwaNRWMN-F4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwaNRWMN-F4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

My favorite part is around the 1:50 mark when one guy, probably the tall douche in the skin tight work out shirt is like "they can try and make us look like a bunch of racists, but it aint happening," and then the guy with the sleeveless shirt is all "did the media get that, I don't know," all after the crowd totally went racist on a black guy.

It turns out that back in June, a similar incident happened when some Egyptian Christians, who were covering the story for a christian tv station, got mobbed even though they were against the Mosque as well:

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I've heard that story about the Egyptians before. This whole mess is pretty sad. This country needs the churches, mosques, temples to step up and bring some united voice of reason here. Didn't Bush hold some religious unity rallies? Obama can be more active here in that sense...or he could have just left his opinion out cause he sort of just added fuel to the fire and has been watching it burn.

3. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/niRn3buYYVo&start=118&end=144"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/niRn3buYYVo&start=118&end=144" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <div style="text-align: right; margin-top: 3px; width: 425px; height: 344px;"><a href="http://splicd.com" style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-size: 13px; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica,sans-serif;">powered by <span style="color: rgb(200, 91, 0);">Splicd.com</span></a></div>

How I feel about this.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Depressing ass ****.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Dear Goofballs, Reaganites, and Teabagged People,

I understand that "Born in the U.S.A." has a great chorus that gets you all pumped up about being born here and living here and voting for Republicans and stuff ... but please, please, at least read the lyrics to the damn song before you crank it up on your boomboxes at the next anti-everyone-who-isn't-like-me rally:

Born in the U.S.A.

Born down in a dead man's town
    The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
    You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
    Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A.

Got in a little hometown jam
    So they put a rifle in my hand
    Sent me off to a foreign land
    To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A.

Come back home to the refinery
    Hiring man says "Son if it was up to me"
    Went down to see my V.A. man
    He said "Son, don't you understand"

I had a brother at Khe Sahn fighting off the Viet Cong
    They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
    I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
    Out by the gas fires of the refinery
    I'm ten years burning down the road
    Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A.
    I'm a long gone Daddy in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A.
    I'm a cool rocking Daddy in the U.S.A.

If you read this far, I thank you for your persistence.

2 people like this.
  6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

This is getting scary, actually. I had thought most of the country evolved beyong religious/racial discrimination, with the exception of a handful of bigots, but the numbers turning out to these rallies and whatnot is really astonishing. I think the vocal anti-Muslim (religious bigotry) and anti-Mexican (anti-immigration) are giving the closet bigots more confidence to come out and spew out their hate.

I'm beginning to get worried. Why is all of this being stirred up the last year or two? Why now? I really don't understand what has changed. The only thing I can think of is a black president and ratcheted up Republican rhetoric campaign (TEA Party, talking heads like Beck/Limbaugh, etc.) feeding the fire...

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Economic problems = more angry people in America.

I'm not sure, just thinking out loud.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Is this documented through previous recessions, depressions, and other economic lulls or is it a theory? I, too, do not know history...

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Economic troubles and nationwide distrust of minority groups are not a new phenomenon.

2 people like this.
  10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I have a feeling at some point someone will go blazing into a mosque, someone has already tried to bomb a Florida mosque. The day it happens, peeps like Aroundtheworld will be all giddy on the inside.

1 person likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love how people try to shout him down so you can't hear him speak.

This is what I am saying, these people are just people who hate Islam and are naturally judgemental and suspicious of anyone.

These are the same people who yell - hey go back to Iraq from their cars and then run away.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This country is just...****ed up.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I submit that this is ALL thanks to talk radio.

1 person likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What the hell? Are you seriously claiming that I would be happy if a lunatic went out and killed people? Are you crazy now or what? That's just wrong.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvj6zdWLUuk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvj6zdWLUuk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I love how the loudest opponents of "painting with a broad brush" when it comes to Muslims, the Quran, and terrorism are always the quickest to label all who oppose Islam or Park 51 as bigots, xenophobes, or racists.

It's like hypocrisy and irony crapped out a kid and named it Sweet Lou 4 2.

1 person likes this.
  18. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Agreed. Now, you don't always strike me as the most tolerant-toward-Islam poster on this board, but CB's post was way out of line.

19. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

I was talking to my wife about the same thing tonight. Where the hell did this version of America come from? People have always been divided in America.........which is in part what makes our country great. But the division has grown to hate.....prejudice......total separation.....and just a sense for regression lately.

I am stationed in Okinawa Japan......have been since last year. I watch a TON of BBC news along with the major American networks. This Mosque story is front and center. At first i laughed it off as a few radicals making something small into something big. But after the lies and misguided talk......this is becoming insane and gross to listen to and watch.

Glad I am overseas.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

DD has an alt...?