1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Declares Eligibility For Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shooter1583, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2003/0424/1544043.html

I think he could've stayed another year or two, but it's his decision. He had such an outstanding freshman year that he had a chance to make a name for himself as one of the best players ever in college basketball. That McNamara/Anthony tandem would've been lethal for years to come.

Either way, good luck Melo.

2. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

No doubt that hes the most valuable player second ot that of Lebron. Hes easily the top 3 pick, only Darko and Lebron would be chosen over Athony.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think Anthony should go #1 overall. He's proven himself at the college level to be the best player on the floor. He's a winner, he's a team first man. He reminds me of a cross between Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. He has their court vision, their attitude, their desire to win, their passing abilities, Johnson's handles and versatility, and Bird's jumper and probably better defensive skills than both of them.

Lebron is a great talent but I think he hangs out with the wrong people. I think he will wind up being Don Kinged..............used and abused by the people he is surrounded with. Carmelo just appears to me to have his head screwed on a lot better than Lebron.

As far as Darko, I would think any team would take a proven talent like Carmelo over him. The guy may turn out to be good, but how often does a player like Anthony come around? Not too often.

4. red

red Contributing Member

wrong forum...but to chime in id say anthony will end up being about the 7th-8th best rook in the draft.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

who do YOU draft as #1? James or Anthony?!

great Great Talent.

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I also think Anthony is the best player in the draft, and should go number 1. That kid can do it all, and with his size, he's going to be very solid right out of the gates.

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I don't really think it matters, as both are sure to be NBA stars. The reason everybody is so pumped about Lebron is because he is so filled out. He's a point guard in a small forward's body.

I think Carmello will have the better rookie season because everybody and their mother will be targeting Lebron right off the bat

8. verse

verse Contributing Member

anthony SHOULD go #1, but no one in the nba (short of maybe jerry west) has the balls to turn down the lebron james hype machine. anthony had the most dominant freshman season EVER. that's right - EVER. no freshman has ever been "the man" and led their team to a championship.

EVER.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

...well, at least since Freshmen have been allowed to play college basketeball. :p

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Given your thoughts on the LeBron hype compared to the Yao Ming Hype, I'm sure this post is very unbiased.

11. verse

pgab,

it is unbiased. i have nothing against lebron. i just don't buy into the hype, and have looked at his actual "game". why is that biased?

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Interestingly enough, of all the good Syracuse players from years past, Boeheim said Anthony was the best player ever to grace that school.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because you are one of the people complaining that LeBron has gotten nothing but positive attention and Ming got nothing but negative attention last year before the draft.

14. verse

i'm not sure that's a complaint, so much as it is pointing out the truth.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not complaining, everyone has a right to their opinion.