1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HouStu_Rocket, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Space City

Space City Member

I will preface my comment by saying that I don't watch many Pellies games, but I think Davis is a phenomenal player. However, it seemed to me he can't yet get a bucket when you really need him to. Several times in the Warriors series, he got the ball down low and would end up throwing up a bad shot or committing a stupid offensive foul. It was especially bad in game 3 (I think it was game 3) when the Pelicans had a 20+ point lead in the 4th quarter and just let it slip away.

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

My favorite non Rocket NBA player.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

https://youtu.be/Ei34RqCmRXQ

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You can't predict injuries.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Barring injuries, he has the potential to stand at the pinnacle of human achievement. MVP, DPOY, Finals MVP, WSOP Main Event Champion, Nobel Peace Prize, Publishers Clearing House Grand Prize Winner...limitless.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You are absolutely correct, with that said I can't really fault AD too much he was 22 years old in his first playoffs playing the best team in basketball.

But those are also the reason why I think he's not a top 3 player in the nba yet, he will absolutely get their soon though.

IMO tier one
    1.lebron
    2.KD (ppl forget how good this guy is)
    3.harden (he's so under appreciated by NBA ppl it's crazy)

Tier two
    4. AD
    5.curry (I do think he's become a bit overrated though but still can bend a defense better than anyone when he's hot)

Tier three
    6.Westbrook (stud very close to tier 2 just doesn't seem to play winning basketball as the guy but with KD he's awesome)
    7. Griffin (his game is legit he's just playing in the wrong conference at the wrong time but his game has improved every year)

Tier four
    8. Cp3 (his game is awesome but a good pg who's not a natural born scorer like Westbrook and curry just don't win big as the best player on a team, and that's exactly why he's never been past the 2nd round and has a losing record in the playoffs.

Tier five
    9. Cousins (talent is there but I gotta see him win to climb this list of great players)
    10.Aldridge (great player but not on the 9 players above him level IMO talent drops off after cousins)

The eastern conference sucks only one player makes my top 10 list smh.

7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

You can't base your opinion on the guy on a few possessions in a his first ever playoff series against the best defensive team in the league, where half of his team was injured.

He was 21 and averaged 32 11 & 3 in that series, that's incredible. A few bad decisions don't undo that.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I agree, people used to get really frustrated with Hakeem for the same thing in the time period from 86 - 92. The way the league is set up, it is much easier to score from outside and thus it exaggerates what looks like Davis having difficulty scoring when the game is in a half court set. When he starts avg 3+ assists per game and making people respect that aspect of his game, game over.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anthony Davis says he's played through a torn labrum for three years</p>&mdash; Justin Verrier (@JustinVerrier) <a href="https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier/status/711975833720623105">March 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3 years? And people get on the Rockets medical staff. Ridiculous that the team didn't try to nip that in the bud right away.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hasn't affected his stats any.

The story here seems to be that they want an excuse for tanking.

12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i could be wrong but i think his stats are down a little this year. not sure if they're tanking they just beat the clippers. They will beat good teams every now and then.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Big men just do not impact the game that much anymore. I wonder how prime shaq or dream would do in this era.

14. malakas

malakas Member

I don't understand why they haven't had him get this surgery before. Not to hinder his off season player development? Too dangerous and painful.