1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis to Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 15, 2019.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Watch the two teams play. The raptors play nothing like the Rockets

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The Lakers get 1 more player (it is not Kyrie, Jimmeh, or K.Leonard) in the FA, they will be scary. Lebron decline is real, ask Kobe, or MJ. After 34 years, check what Kobe and MJ did after 34.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Raptors have a center that shoots threes which opens up passing lanes (Marc Gasol).

Same concepts to start each play.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know why so many of you are ready to hand them the trophy. Remember when a prime Lebron joined Miami? They got beat by Dallas that year in the Finals because it takes time for a super team to adapt to playing together. Continuity is important.

IMO:

26 year old Lebron > 35 year old Lebron
    Chris Bosh < Anthony Davis
    peak Dwyane Wade > Kyrie, Kemba or Jimmy.

And their depth is going to be garbage most likely. I don't think this team will be as good as the 2010 Miami Heat. Especially considering both Lebron and AD are injury risks. We'll have to see what else they can accomplish though.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

“Huge” facepalm? How much partying did you do last night, my brotha? :D

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That true but just shooters arent gonna cut it....like korvers or jj types...they need guys that can do more n not be liabilities like Danny green's of the world...n those 3 n d or 3 and penetrate/ball handler types arent cheap. That's the problem last year he got d guys with no 3...I bet this year they duck up n do 3 guys without d

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

They’ll be trash two years from now when their roster is AD, a washed up Lebron and spare parts with no assets to trade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That was not peak dwade lmao I'm sorry I cant let u get away with that. He was a 22 a game guy then.....Kemba would be better then that dwade

9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Lol not a chance Kemba would be better.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Take it u didnt watch Kemba single handedly almost pull a harden on us when he dropped 40

11. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I’ve watched Kemba since he was at UConn. You’re using points per game...you think he’s going to average more than 22 a game on a a team with Lebron and AD? Not a chance.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Why wouldnt he, he would be the prime ball handler. This ain't the lbj of youth.u dont think he would basically be kyrie on the lbj love kyrie squad

13. dmoneybangbang

Which is how you sometimes make big moves, being at the right place at the right time.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lakers about to sign Kemba or Kyrie in the off-season. If they make it further than us in the playoffs next year then Morey should be fired.

Lakers are going to roll out a lineup of Kyrie/Kemba, Kuzma, Lebron, AD, McGee. I'm sure they'll be able to get tons of vet mins to ring chasers since everyone knows that the Warriors are screwed next year with KD/Klay being out an entire season and the West being wide open.

I honestly don't see DeAndre signing here for the vet min if he can just bandwagon onto the Lakers once they acquire Kemba or Kyrie.

15. Williamson

Let me tell you about this thing called the internet. You can find information there. Wade was 29 years old. Played 76 games and averaged 37 minutes per game. He finished the season at 25.6 ppg 6.4 rpg 4.6 apg and over a block and a a steal and a half a game. And he did all of that while taking a step back to play with Lebron and Bosh. What exactly are you talking about?

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why ?

The lakers had to suck for years to get "this good" on paper and haven't even signed a pg yet .

Ingram #2 pick
    Ball #2 pick

They had the 4th pick this year .

it will be interesting to see what tilman does after harden is done . I hope he allows for the full rebuild .

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Wade is so far an away better defensively than Kylie and Kenba it's a joke . And wade is better than butler on offense .

Shooting is way more important now bough and those guys are all pretty solid .

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Right but if you think you have good scouting and GM'ing then they should be able to do better with those high picks than the perennial losers , who are there partly because their management sucks.

Tanking is definitely the easiest way

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I assume we was talking the years they actually won... not the year they lost to Dirk lmao. So yea that year he did n lost

20. Williamson

I was talking about when they joined forces. I specifically mentioned that they lost to Dirk's Mavs that year. That was my entire point of my post. They didn't win the championship that year and yet they more talent than probably any team the Lakers could put together this year.

p.s. Kemba and Butler are both older than Wade was that year.