1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis : The Brow

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Oct 20, 2014.

1. 713

713 Member

I had a conversation with a friend and we were talking about The Brow. He said "Anthony Davis is going to be a more athletic Tim Duncan, with the ability to take people off the dribble and get to the rim."

[​IMG]

Now that is a SCARY image. So I got to thinking; What is his ceiling? Can he become a generational dominant player?

How about a player that averages 28-15 and be in MVP/DPOY talks for the next decade in his prime.

Davis, In his 2nd year he put up 20 ppg, 10.5 rpg, and an absurd 3 blocks a game. He has quickly worked himself into the top 5 in the NBA conversation. A year or two and it will probably be top 2.

He has a decent mid-range game and can hit NBA 3's (though he doesn't shoot them regularly). He's a major pick/roll and pick/pop threat, is the #1 shot blocker in the league (and alters many more), was 14th in the league in steals per game, grabs 10+ boards a game and has respectable handles.

If he improves his outside shooting and stay off the trainer's table he could be the most dominant player in the league sooner than one would think.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WXT5PXEDF6c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are about one year late.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And what makes him scarier is the fact that now he plays an elite defensive center.

The Pelicans will make the playoffs for the next decade and render that draft pick they traded for Asik worthless.

4. showa13

showa13 Member

I think he will be in the MVP discussion early on but I still think the Pelicans are one or two pieces away from making the playoffs unless Tyreke contributes more and Gordon stays healthy and finds his game.

And the Brow will win MVP at least once in his career and will be considered a top 5 player sooner rather than later