1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

I think Capela the 2nd best offer to Kuzma and Ingram

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

More thoughts on this:

1) If Pels do end up trading him this season, they better make Lakers include everyone and I mean Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart. And Zubac

2) I hope they don’t fall for this Zubac hype train, where he’s substituted for other assets. Not knocking the guy. But the dude has less of a resume than House

3) I know Morey has to make the call, but it sucks with the way teams use the media today. There is no doubt it’s going to get out that we are a team that makes an offer, and that we included Capela. And while we always say they shouldn’t let it bother them, time and time again it shows it does. And frankly it should.

4) Really tough break for New Orleans to have ADs camp break this now. You would think waiting until the summer would be the obvious choice. But they have to consider every scenario. If ADs camp comes out this summer and says “don’t care where we get traded to, we’re not gonna stay long term and going to sign in LA the following year”, then Boston’s package definitely suffers no matter what. Maybe by a little, maybe by a lot, but those words will definitely lessen the package.

5) While we all know he’s not going to end up here, individually, we may have the best player to offer on the table which is kinda crazy. Capela is just as young as those LA guys and you’re not going to convince me Kuzma is a better player; or even better prospect.

luckyman76, Rocket River and Why not? like this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Lakers would absolutely trade for Davis. They'll worry about reloading the roster this summer(they ain't winning it all this season regardless). I agree though that there are better packages out there than what LA can offer. LeBron's absence has exposed the Lakers' supporting cast as not really being very good. Ingram is a serviceable player, but he's not a budding star. And oh BTW, he can bolt after next season.

IvanLCPM and megastahr like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Davis is under contract until 2021. NO won't trade him unless they get a huge haul. Simply no incentive

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah i am sure he hes delighted by the prospects of refs not giving him well deserved fouls in the wcf

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and its not like they gonna miss the high lotery pick with anthony davis still on the roster

amaru likes this.
  7. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

He'll end up on the Warriors watch. A package surrounding Shaun Livingston should do it...

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

no need for this thread to reach past page 5...we have no chance at AD

9. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Think about it though, the more time he has left on his deal, the more bidders he will have thus higher value.

I would offer capela and 4 firsts and even try to get them to throw in mirotic for knight if they want tucker who can be sold for 2 more firsts.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey about to offer our next ten first round picks

mikol13 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure why people think we can't get Davis...we can still add T.Ma...ehm, i mean, Danuel House to the package.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so Davis is signed until 2021 and already stating he wont sign a contract extension?

amaru likes this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

Exactly, he's been in and out of line up. Also, I'm sure they will require several high draft picks to move him. So.........I'm not seeing the incentive from their end.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Exactly.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is my favorite would package of klay plus dray work?

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Unless we're trading Harden we aren't getting Davis.

Y'all can end this thread now.

18. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

they are definitely going to wait this out, no true benefit to trade him now,

amaru likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

youre telling me pels wont take package of cp3 and capela and danuel plus 4 picks ?

BamBam likes this.
  20. xaos

xaos Member

Especially if Morey is the one finding those other players