1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Come to the team where the entire media and NBA fanbase will turn against you in a blink of an eye in their irrational hate and where you will be hated, ignored and marginalized for years no matter what you do

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Three way trade is definitely possible though.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That’s really funny

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Doesn't Kyrie have to be dealt though regardless? That's why they're likely sitting this one out. It makes no sense to deal Kyrie right now. He's key to them making a run in the playoffs. Plus if they're patient and New Orleans doesn't panic, the Celtics could deal for him this summer and have both Kyrie and Davis on the same team.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Do your F****** job, Murray.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Capela, Knight, Chriss, and 4 first round picks for Davis & Mirotic

10. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

No matter what everyone says, we know Moreys on that phone right now trying to strike a deal.

#inmoreywetrust

Y2JT, IvanLCPM, xaos and 2 others like this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah for sure. Just saying it’s not impossible.
    If Pels make it known they’re willing to pull the trigger on sending AD to LA, it’s definitely something Ainge will have to consider especially with the way Kyrie has been talking. (For example a three way with Knicks)

This is exactly what L.A. has wanted this whole time. The Lakers never even considered making an offer for a Jimmy Butler because they were going all in for AD and needed every piece available. Trade whatever they have to to get AD to LA and then try to get a third star this summer with cap space.

Note: if Pels aren’t patient, can you imagine Boston losing out on AD and then losing Kyrie in the summer with both going to LA?!?! (Not saying it’s happening but my god that would be disastrous for Danny)

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The best we could do is try to pickup Mirotic in the firesale. I love Capela but they're not going to give us Davis for a package built around him. They're almost the same age and our picks would be worthless. The Lakers players are younger and on rookie contracts, plus they have picks as well. And those picks are a LeBron injury away from being gold. They have exactly what a rebuilding team wants.

Pick up Mirotic and move Tucker to the three.

13. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

AD wants rings not Twitter followers.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

And we play the the Pelicans next, win!

If he doesn't get booed every time he touches the ball in a home game, I'll be shocked.

Sucks to be a NOLA sports fan right now, huh?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's obvious that Lebron and Ron Paul have engineered all this.
    The league wants a LA/GS show down.

The Pelicans can still hurt LA by demanding an arm and a leg plus unprotected first rounders.

GS is still the favorite even with Lebron and Davis. I don't know if LA will have room for KD or KT though in 2019-20. My gut feeling is that KT will leave if GS re-signs Cousins.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. macan

macan Member

i really hope he gets traded to the east. man west is already loaded

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. vick

vick Member

More needs to not chase that rainbow.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Just did a quick rundown of the top 100 players, took in consideration contract length/money and if the team can contend with Davis.

Outside of the Celtics I think both rockets and blazers have a better package than lakers. Also both are better packages than I could see any other contending team offering...Celtics could definitely offer the most though.

Houston: Capella and Gordon plus picks for Davis (is -3 wins in trade machine for pels)

Portland Cj and Nurkic plus picks for Davis
    (is -2 wins in trade machine for pels)

I’d take either of those over combo of ball , Ingram, Kuzma plus Pope for salary ((is -8 wins in trade machine for pels)

I’m not even sure the lakers do that as it completely guts their team but maybe.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets might be able to benefit from a potential fire sale in NO. Randle, Mirotic, Moore could all become available.

forchette49 likes this.
  20. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

AD controls the destination, not the Pels. For the exact reason you mention - the Lakers being a Lebron injury away from being a lottery team - AD will (if he's smart) exclude the Lakers as a destination.

The picks of any team that's trading for AD are going to be worthless unless they are some other team's picks. Whoever gets AD is drafting last in the 1st round for the next 5 years, so that's also not a good argument against the Rockets.

If New Orleans is smart, they follow the Ainge / Philly model and build for 5 years down the road by amassing the largest collection of assets possible. They aren't winning in the short term with all the super teams that are emerging. Even if they don't want Capela, the Rocket can get them 5 (maybe even 6 if they move Gordon) first round picks. That's a haul.

hakeem94 likes this.