1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Celtics are already out of the picture at least this trade deadline, they used it up in the Kyrie trade.

Some sort of rule. (Rose rule?)

Y2JT and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

4 First Rounders / Capella / House / Rivers / Knight anyone?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well first of all its not possible even if Rox offer Capela, EG, Tucker and 10 first rounders thats not good enough to beat Boston and Lakers offers because NO doesnt have great draft skills they will just waste low first rounders and pick up scrubs. Lakers for example can offer Ingram, Zubac, pick and Kuzma and that is way better instantly.

Secondly that would destroy the team we have 3 max guys and just vet mins and rookie deals no EG, No Tucker thats GG if Cp3 goes down again.

Y2JT likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know but Kyrie and AD can’t be on same team is all I’m saying
    For this year.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

id thrown in the new tmac and itd be a cool offer

roslolian likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

From a Rox fans perspective maybe. Capela is a downgrade frkm AD, NO wants to tank so why would they want EG? First round pick would be in the 20+ range NO would laugh at that offer.

Y2JT likes this.
  8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Oh you right, I forgot about that rule.

9. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

The Rockets have an advantage. AD wants to go to a team that gives him a shot at consistently winning a title, so he is going to absolutely steer the decision.

There are only a handful of teams that can convincingly claim that they will be perennial title contenders for the next 5+ years:

Warriors (Curry + Klay)
    Rockets (Harden + D'A + Morey + Paul)
    Celtics (Ainge + lots of young talent)
    Spurs (Popovich)
    76ers (Embiid plus Simmons)
    OKC (Westbrook + George)

Everyone else is a crapshoot.

Lots of people will speculate that the Lakers get it done, but if I'm AD and the Lakers unload all their young players (Kuzma + Ingram + Ball) to get me, am I confident that an aging Lebron and a collection of retreads are perennial championship contenders in the West during the prime of my career?

The Rockets have a VERY strong pitch for AD -- come to the team with the best coach, the best GM, the best player and the best guard rotation in the league. Come to a team that will only give up one asset that is key to winning right now, Capela, who you will be replacing in the rotation. Come to the team where you'll be paired with another all time great (Harden) for the prime of your career. Come to the only team where you will always be on the court with at least one and often 2 Hall of Fame ball distributors. Come work with a GM that has repeatedly shown he can build a strong supporting cast from buyout and league minimum guys and a system that turns those guys into extremely productive teammates. Come to the team that was one game away from dethroning a dynasty last year. Come get a ring THIS YEAR and be the favorite to get one every year for the next 4 years.

Capela under a very team friendly contract is a VERY good young trade asset for the Pels to get. Add in 4 firsts and filler and it's a strong start to a rebuild for the Pels. If they don't like Capela, ship him out to someone for another first and package 5 firsts to the Pels.

Morey should be all over this.

#29 coyotetex, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    rhee, Tristan_fiore, Rashmon and 9 others like this.
  10. izeroi

izeroi Member

If you're Morey then you're on the phone today throwing everything and the kitchen sink at NO to try and get this guy.

If he doesn't come here then trade him anywhere but the Fakers.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Pretty sure toronto have the most to offer and would be legit contenders

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

First of all, we ain't getting Davis.

Secondly, I wouldn't give up Capela. He's a perfect fit on this team and even with the freak thumb injury, he's still less fragile than AD.

jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

14. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Harden + Paul + Capela = Contender

Harden + Paul + AD = Dynasty

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

Rockets are an old team. Harden is 30 and Paul is 34. Paul will be 40 years old and off the team by the time New Orleans will receive one of our unprotected 1sts. I think these later picks have more value than one might think.

Why not? and jcmoon like this.
  16. count_dough-ku

Yeah, apparently Boston is ineligible to trade for Davis til the offseason. So if he's moved before the deadline this season, he can't go to the Celtics unless Kyrie is being sent to the Pelicans.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, Paul is already on the declining side. Harden can still play at least 3 or 4 years of good to great bball.

As long as Harden can carry a team, the team is no worse than the 7-8th seed at worst.

18. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

The Beard and the Brow? With CP3?
    I take my chances with them + G leagues, vet mins and 2nd round draf picks.

Pat and Jayzers_100 like this.
  19. count_dough-ku

I don't know. There's something about Davis that's always made me uneasy. Of course he's one of the best players in the league. But why have the Pelicans underachieved so much while he was there? People can try to make the case that he hasn't had enough talent, but Harden was handed a couple of players AD had(Gordon, Anderson) and the Rockets were a 55-win team, the 3rd seed, and got to Game 6 of the second round. Meanwhile the Pelicans aside from last season have either been first round fodder or a lottery team.

Y2JT, Pat, split41 and 2 others like this.
  20. mario elie

mario elie Member

New Orleans has to know that Tatum will be on the table in the off-season. They’d be morons to panic and trade him this season. They’re not making the playoffs no matter what they do, so just wait and let Boston, philly, and LA get into a bidding war.

Y2JT likes this.