1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

he didn't get a max contract from dallas. the days of pnr center's that aren't able to shoot from the perimeter, getting max are long gone.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If I were to rebuild my small market team I think a young center with very good defensive awareness but a very limited offensive skillset would be maybe 6th or 7th on my list. Right after that would be 4 1st Rounders all most likely in the 20s.

amaru likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Smart, I didn't think of it that way. I think that the Pelicans will ask for Kuzma, Ingram and Ball plus KCP and a first rounder at the end of the day.

#203 saleem, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    amaru likes this.
  4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The best pick and roll center in the league would make any guard flourish. Pair him next to jrue and once holiday raises his value trade him in the pff season and begin rebuilding. Unless holiday and capela work really well together then you can start adding pieces to it.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'd trade literally anyone, in any combination for AD+Harden Rockets.

CP, Gordon, Tucker, Capela and 4 1sts? Done deal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You're really overvaluing both Capela AND Holiday.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Straight up, would you let AD walk for DJ and a pick? I wouldn't. That's not hot enough for me. Max contracts are meaningless because it equates players falsely. Is LeBron on the same level as DJ? No, but both are max deal guys. I get that he has value, I'm not saying he is worthless. But look at at the offers Capela got this off season, teams don't know how much to value him. He is a mystery.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Swoop in for Mirotic

Bo6 likes this.
  9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Exactly, and besides I think I’d rather have the ball be mostly in JH and cp3 hands instead of just throwing the ball down to the post. Capella s pick and rolls free up all the three point shooters.

10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Capella needs a player like Harden to put up points as he barely has post game moves. Harden's assist numbers have gone down significantly since Capella has been out. Would do AD for Capella + Tucker or even Gordon for that matter any day. Plus AD can shoot 3s. Imagine Harden + AD + Paul combo! Can only dream as chances of this happening is slim.

11. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Capela is a smart, unselfish, hard worker and would make any guard look better. Holiday can shoot threes, pass very well, and finish inside with good handles. He would definitely flourish next to capela. Sometimes davis wants the ball early to create for himself. Capela knows his role on both sides, and that is definitely underrated more than you think.

12. sogood.

sogood. Member

Can't compete with the Lakers and Celtics. Those late 4 picks Morey offered for Butler aren't that appealing, just ask the Wolves.

13. txn

txn Member

This year maybe, hard to tell in the next 3 picks, specially the last 2 if there is some major injury happens.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

unless you're thinking harden is going to get hurt, the rockets won't be in the lottery any time soon

steddinotayto and daywalker02 like this.
  15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We had all that in our favor this past summer and Lebron didn't even consider us in free agency. Not only do we need to convince AD this is the place to be over LA, we need to convince New Orleans that our package is better than LA's as well. Paul George was hellbent on LA and OKC traded him for what they wanted.

amaru likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

4picks plus Tucker wouldve got the deal done but Morri is a horey gm

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There's not a chance in Hell that we get Anthony Davis...

But outside of the Celtics....Capela, 4 first rounders, and maybe somebody else is the best deal New Orleans will find.

The Lakers mediocre young guys should not get it done, but wouldn't surprise me given how often the Lakers get benefited by this stuff.

luckyman76 and bballjunkie like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DARK HORSE TEAM: LA Clippers

AD plus Kawhi . . . . .. . .

Rocket River

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

If we sign AD. Issa WRAP.

20. sogood.

sogood. Member

Celtics- Tatum/Brown/picks

Lakers- Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/picks

Tatum value is obviously high.

Kuzma has averaged 22/7/3 for the past 2 months, he's highly coveted.

Ingram has tremendous potential. 6'10'' all around player.

Not as high as Brown but he does have potential.

I don't see anyone else beating these offers. Pelicans will go full rebuild after trading AD.