1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis could lead in 4 statistical categories

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NL Rocket, Dec 6, 2014.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A very good chance? I don't know about that...

2. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

remove the unibrow and we can start to talk

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not just the record, NO isn't great but they aren't terrible either, you have some talent in Evans, Holiday, Ryan Anderson and even Asik. I mean look at guys like Lebron, Dwight, KG, Pau Gasol, these guys were drafted into absolute horrible teams with less talent than the Pellies now and yet they were able to make the team go into the playoffs.

LOL what's the difference between KLove and his minny days and Davis now? I can see how he can be the MVP in a couple of years if he keeps up this kind of growth and production but right now he's nowhere close to being an MVP.

4. Ghost_of_Akeem

Good post, would rep if I could.

Davis has more talented teammates right now than Harden does if you factor in our injuries, yet we keep beating top flight teams while N.O continues to be mediocre/subpar at best.

Davis is a freak athlete, but he has yet to show that he can lead a team to the playoffs.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's interesting how little praise Chris Paul is getting, yet he's probably been the best of all, 18/10 with an absurdly low 1.5 turnovers on 53/45/89 and great defense? lol

6. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

I think because of the multi category stats we think Hakeem comparisons, but I think in terms of projection a closer comparison will be David Robinson. Lets not forget that David Robinson also could fill out multi categories even though the Admiral's post game wasn't as fluid as the Dream's. I think AD runs the floor great just like the Admiral. Though still need more development to reach either players.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Pelicans, with Anthony Davis and Omer Asik up front, are tied with the Knicks at 27th in points allowed per possession.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/541601521096720384">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MVP MVP MVP

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Anthony Davis not not a major defensive presence right now, despite his blocks he simply does not have great defensive principles. He's probably gonna win DPOY too because voters are idiots blinded by the block statistic.

9. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

You'd be a fool not to trade anyone on our team for Davis. Straight up, that is.

10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Anthony Davis is the closest thing ever to the next Dream. Defensively, he is already very Dreamesque. Rebounds, steals, blocks. Terrific defender in the post and in the perimeter. However, on offense he has a long way to go before being compared to Dream. Davis's offense is mainly putbacks and jumpers. He has no real post game to speak of. Dream, on the other hand, is the best low post player ever. Just ask Robinson, Shaq, Ewing (whom he destroyed), Or LeBron, Kobe, Camelo, and Dwight (whom he mentored).

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Went to the game tonight. i can't believe how few times his teammates look for him, but he still has 30 points.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Even more amazing is that he was able to get 12 FTs while being almost exclusively a jump shooter. I bet Ryan Anderson had more points in the paint than Davis did tonight.

13. CrashTheBoards

I remember when a few idiots in the dish were calling him a bust.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In a year or so he will be the best player in the league...21 years old, I would trade anyone for him......except maybe Harden, and even him I would consider it.

DD

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Uh, blocking a shot means the prevention of 2-3 points. The block stat isn't some meaningless number.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's a beast. I hope those who were doubting his being in the MVP conversation noticed how he impacted both sides of the court. He is potentially a DPOY and MVP. Just too good

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I love Hakeem's scam. Charging players a ton for moves they'll never be good enough to execute. Davis is different. Davis works with Hakeem... scary though. Offensively he's got a smidge of Ralph Sampson to him too.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's not going to lead in Points or rebounding.

He's got a shot at blocks & steals though.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He's already better than Kemp. Better scorer and shot blocker. Right now he's slightly worse than Olajuwon. If he can develop a post game he will be Hakeem... assuming he can be clutch.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Sorry bro, he will never be Dream. Developing Hakeem's repertoire and dominating isn't something you can just do. I don't see it in Davis. He's more of a KG type of player offensively once he peaks (probably a better version b/c he's a better jumpshooter).

Also defensively, he has a ways to reach Hakeem.

But AD is a beast. Anyone who thinks his stats are empty and overrated are clueless.