1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Antetokoumpo agrees to $100M extension with Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Raz, Sep 19, 2016.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

giannas is the prefect scottie pippen right now. this team is going to be crazy in 2 more years. I think they will make the play offs this year.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I just wish they would stop dicking around and move him to PF full time where he is going to end up anyway. They're wasting his time, and I suspect it's because of the coaching but I don't know enough about the situation. He is obviously not a guy who's going to be able to guard 2's or even 3's, and from the few games I watched it doesn't seem like it's a lack of effort or concern. With his frame he will certainly be able to guard PF's from this point onwards as he gets bigger and NBA PF's get smaller.

That dude is going to revolutionize the PF spot, he will be Draymond 2.0 once he gets the chance and the right infrastructure around him (both coaches and players). I would give him $125m right now, D'Antoni would turn him into a monster overnight.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Who would have thought when he was drafted that he would get to this point. Most of the Bucks fans until the end of last year and start of this year didn't even believe it.

For those who say that it's all hype ...yeah ever since he was drafted the highlights were there. The blocks ballhandling and transition. But what is really almost unbelievable is the growth of everything else except shooting in his game.

He has developed : post moves, spin moves, perfected how to run the transition and the eurostep , learned how to use the weakside and now this year how to play pointguard.
    So what is trully amazing is the growth not the highlights. Congrats to him for that.
    If you saw him his rookie year and now it's difficult to believe. Every two three months you could literally see someting new added to his game.
    He's only 21 so there should be 2-3 more years of development for him.
    This year Parker has lost 15 pounds to be able to guard primarily sfs. But GA can guard every sf and some big sgs. (ie Butler). He will always as long as Parker is in the team get the toughest assignment out of the forwards.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

At his age I'd probably sign 100 million too (haha, like I'll ever make anything like that). He's young and can make up on next contract or endorsements. Waiting out on ****ty contract and then injuring yourself isn't worth it. LeBron and Durant type guys can do it (1+1) because they're sitting on a piles of cash. All players are one serious knee/back injury away from being d-league. Someone mentioned Darius Miles, he had a lot of potential and injuries ruined that. Post injury no one signs you like this. So take it while you can.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Sad day....2017 Free Agent Class lost someone we could speculate about for months. ****** pours out some of his Colt 45****

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I was thinking this too... Man!!! I love the 75 page threads of discussing inside sources from sources of sources... Yes, I'm sure some are legit news, unfortunately they probably get buried in the sea of what someone heard at the gas pump.

7. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Well, If Ryan Anderson is getting 80 mil..

8. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

He has that crazy length and athleticism going for him. Over the last few years you can clearly see his shot has improved and he is getting better or more refined overall as a finished product. Granted that is still few years away.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It was obvious to a lot of people at the time of that draft that he had the probably the highest potential upside.

He has a great work ethic and solid team ball skills coming over from Europe. Those attributes have helped him mature and fulfill a lot of his promise .

Credit to Milwaukees coaching staff too . The guy is a great player , I'm not sure he's skilled enough to ever be a top 5 player , but defense is so hard to account for . If Mil develops a team correctly around him they could be special . They were already fun to watch .