1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anquan Boldin elite receiver

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pgabriel, Jan 21, 2013.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

ive been watching this guy since fl st and have always been impressed. His receiver skills in his running back body have always made him a special player. he has been underrated playing with fitzgerald and now smith. If those guys are ones he is 1a. Baltimore has been impressive keeping good defence and building an offense on the verge of greatness.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm not sure if he's underrated. Announcers love him. Fans love him. Fantasy players love him as a solid WR2. He was considered a WR1 in years past. He's a tough dude.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Tough as nails with solid hands, but I don't think he could be a standout WR1 on a team. Jury's still out on Smith too, but they complement each other very well. I always dreamed that this was what Kevin Walter could be after his 60/900/8 season so many years ago.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

A solid player. You left out the last 2 years when he should have been the number one option and put up the same numbers he did this year when he was supposedly overshadowed by Torrey. Would love him as a #2 but wouldn't be happy if he replaced Andre. Even a boldin of 4 years ago

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He had a great game, but there's no way he is underrated. In fact, you could say he has underperformed once he got to the Ravens

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Imagine if we can develop Andre into this guy...caveat...have to find someone like Torey Smith and Jacoby on the edge...That way we could always have him run routes around the middle of the field...doesnt need to be blazing fast...but has to have the best hands on the team...Andre can fit the billing...

Really hoping the Texans can find that "Burner" receiver...After watching what the combo of Julio Jones and Roddy White do quite well against the Niners...and Torey Smith and Anquain Boldin do against the Patriots...our team just becomes that more dynamic... The Major caveat though is that Matt Schaub has to be able to launch deep routes..and that is something he can work on this offseason...

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

He hasn't played like a number 1 in the regular season which is why he is never mentioned as a top WR.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think people get caught up in the ELITE being a burner or making long TDs
    Sometime you need a grinder. . someone to make the tough catches

I'd say he is elite

Rocket River

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Anquan Boldin is elite then the word elite should be dropped

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i think some of you would be surprised at his total stats. Hes kind of like sam cassell i mean torry holt

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

An elite tough catch wr would be someone like Brandon Marshall.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He was great in Arizona, but not so much in Baltimore, though I think it has a lot to do with Flacco.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But isn't Flacco now elite :confused: :cool:

Boldin is doing what he always does. No surprise. He is very good and always has been.

Can we retire the word "elite" please? Because this is getting annoying.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Not elite, but a serious weapon. If Boldin is your #1, you'd better have an outstanding corps around him. Flip him out with Andre or Calvin Johnson and those passing games would go straight down the toilet.

He's a fantastic #2, but I wouldn't even say it's a 1-1a situation like you have in Dallas or Atlanta. Boldin benefits in a huge way from Smith (and the ground game) in Baltimore.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

which one of these guys is sam cassell

17. Anticope

Anticope Member

19 wide receivers had over 1,000 yards this season and yet Boldin hasn't had 1,000 yards since 2009. It's no coincidence that his numbers improved in the postseason when Flacco's numbers improved. I would gladly take him as a #2 receiver, but he should not be considered elite anymore.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Apparently many people don't know what elite means.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

to the wordsmiths where does boldin rank out of sixty four starters not including spread offenses? Is that "elite"

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Hard to say, and I'm not going to look through a list of every WR. But I'm thinking he'd come in somewhere in the 25-35 range probably