1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another trump sex assault accusation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

Everyone has friends that will back them right or wrong, truth or lie. That's why they're called friends. Any one of those friends bearing witness to her story should have driven her to the police station and had her file a police report. Trump wasn't the president in 94, or 95 or whenever she says this happened so there was no fear of suppression of accusers because the accusations had yet to be levied against him.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Past tweets come back...

B-Bob likes this.
  3. foh

foh Member

This is more of a commentary on people electing our officials and not the politicians themselves.

@BruceAndre calmly states that "Muslims are evil terrorists" and "Gays are pedophiles" and no one bats an eye. Graham pandering to POTUS is old news - he is shining his shoes on a new yorker cover (jun 3rd).

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another example of how you quote right-wing propaganda sources to distort things. Watch the whole clip. Not the 38 seconds that let's you be smug and live under the lie

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not hate speech. It's his actual views. If someone hates Muslims and gays, that's how they feel. No point arguing with someone with those viewpoints. At least he is brave enough to not hide behind a veneer like most.

6. foh

foh Member

By accusing gays and muslims (16-18 million American people) of being criminals, the poster is half a step away from proclaiming fascist slogans..

Self censure (aka political correctness) is a sign of good psychological state. In other words, happy folks don't feel the need to put down others even if they may feel wary of peoples' intentions. They are actually "strong" for being able to contain their fears and not let these emotions sway their words (and, hopefully, actions).

The #meToo era is a little different because women do wield a lot of power (better education and the institute of marriage upended) and Trump seems like the result of the patriarchal hegemony being threatened. He signifies the end of political correctness on that front (Just think of Graham being on the verge of tears during Kavanaugh nomination and all those old white senators' unapologetic takes). 16 rape accusations, "p*ssy grabbing" ways, multiple wifes and prostitute going - none of it a taboo anymore. It's male liberation & taking their power back.

Too bad that the minorities now may end up the collateral damage due to people feeling more "brave".

7. Nook

Nook Member

We still live in America. Bruce is entitled to his opinions and has the right to voice them and defend them if he chooses to do so. Likewise everyone else has the right to tell him he is wrong.

All of this “ban him”, “fire him”, “he cant say that” mentality has gone too far. It is very Nazi-like.

People can make up their own minds and the vast majority of people recognize BS.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh, it's Nazi like if he gets prosecuted for his speech, not if a private internet forum's admin admin wants to boot him from posting here.

There are plenty of internet forums where mods will insta ban you for explicit racist language. They are usually apolitical subforums. It's seems like in political debate forums, mods usually allow racist or bigoted speech because it's under the political debate umbrella.

Nook and foh like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Women are historically a minority and arguably the most oppressed group in society.

10. fchowd0311

Maybe, however I would rather be a white woman in pre-Civil War America than a black man.

It's going to vary with context.

11. Nook

Nook Member

No, when public pressure is so overwhelming that people cannot express their opinions without losing their jobs, facing death threats.... that is very similar to Nazi Germany early on.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I’d rather be a black man in pre civil war America than a black woman.

13. fchowd0311

Well @BruceAndre isn't losing his job or isn't having death threats hurled at him. Someone hoped he got banned. Go to the feedback subreddit. There is a entire thread requesting I get banned for my opinions of Harden. I really didn't feel like my freedom of speech was being violated. Saying all Muslims are evil is more ban worthy than criticizing Harden.

But I don't care either way if a poster like @BruceAndre gets banned or not. I'm sure IRL he probably doesn't express these type of opinions about believing all Muslims are evil. He's just being kinda of an edgelord here to get a rile out of people.

14. foh

foh Member

Well, is there a president, besides Trump, that has had this much damaging history with women BEFORE getting elected? And how close did women get to becoming the POTUS before Hillary?

15. fchowd0311

Probably. I guess it's dependent on circumstance. Black female slaves were more prone to being raped which was disgusting but black male slaves were probably run down more with more intense labor and more physical punishment.

16. Nook

Nook Member

There was a black President before there was a female President. Black men could vote before women could. In many areas of the USA black men could own property before women.

There is no doubt that society has improved in some ways with the treatment of women. However women in general are still very oppressed... as are other groups. If your position is that women are now almost equal to men, I do not buy that at all. Many of the inequities women face are difficult to completely address.

As a side note, concerning Trump and his horrendous record with women... there have been other President’s that were bad to women but until 35-40 years ago private matters were generally covered up and not discussed. Bill Clinton had some less than positive allegations by women prior to being President but Obama and GW Bush were pretty close to squeaky clean. Later it came out that Bush Sr. was inappropriate with women.

17. fchowd0311

It's actually pretty surprising how drama free Obama and Bush Jr's personal lives were with their love life.

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Hard to know for sure as neither of us were there then but from what I have read the women were raped by both slave masters and slaves. They often had less than safe child birth and often still worked in the field with men. Some women worked in the house but even that had drawbacks.

My main point was simply to fight the narrative I have been hearing a lot, which is that women have it better than men in society and there is equality- when there just isn’t.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

That is because both of them were decent people at a base level. Bush never should have been making decisions as President... but had he just been an oil manager somewhere; most people would say he was a decent family man.

Obama is just an amazing person, there isn’t even a hint of him ever being inappropriate or less than ideal.... but he had to be or America would not have elected a black President.

20. foh

foh Member

My position is that current environment seems to suggest that patriarchal hegemony is threatened by a meteoric surge of women's power in politics, culture and society. And I contended that this is why political correctness is going out the window. I really didn't want to bring up history into this to be honest. I don't think it has much relevance on the current state of affairs.

Obama is half white and also a usual family unit doesn't consist of an interracial union, so white peoples' intimate fears are not going to spike as much by seeing a black president.

This was just a conjecture. I don't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities with regards to the newly perceived notion that women are totally equal now.