1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another superstar mismanaged by the organization & leaving Houston on bad terms...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 28, 2009.

1. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

here's the link to the actual podcast, that page doesn't work.
    http://media.790thezone.com/podcasts/1346/tracy_mcgrady.mp3

and yeah, he makes no mention of the rockets in that interview.

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Dude, no offense, but the comments you made were not opinions, they were incorrect facts base on absolutely NOTHING. If you're gonna make ridiculous comments, expect the responses you're getting. No one is out to get you...just think you need to get your facts right

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Barkley left on bad terms. All the others were business moves.

Hakeem was questionable because he was still way better than Cato no matter what the demise predictors tell you. But Hakeem wasnt durable anymore, had to go with a healthier body.

Teams around the league are closer to the situation than we are. Probably other players even know a heck of a lot more. They fraternize with each other and gossip and talk about these things. Players are more like hell if it wouldnt work with McGrady give ME a chance.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

People confuse the follow up Jim Rome interview where he saves face a little with that one.

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

FAIL.

1. Barkley - left everything he has ever done on bad terms. Habitual loser - glad you referenced him in a T-Mac thread. Good example.

2. Pippen - left because of Barkley and his fat-ass, strip club/boozing, no work ethic mentality. Another great example.

3. Olajuwon - according to most people it was because of his love for the Rockets that he left. He knew that trade would give us a birghter future and he laid himself down for his friends. Now, that may not be true, and even if it is, it still broke my hear that he left. He will always be the best ever in my opinion. But he still sits front row with Les, so you're probably wrong here too.

4. Drexler - retired a Rocket. Epic fail.

5. Francis - traded three times and had an enormous contract bought out by an emerging young team that never even let him touch the floor. Came back to Houston and realized he wasn't really good at basketball if he couldn't dribble for 19 seconds then dunk or pass to Cuttino and ONLY Cuttino. Then he was shipped to Memphis who we had to bribe with a 2nd round pick that we had received from them in a previous trade. Headline on Grizzlies homepage after the trade: MEMPHIS REAQUIRES 2nd ROUND PICK FROM HOUSTON (also Steve Francis). Keep trying.

6. Anderson - Really? Never heard that. Honestly though, who really gives a crap, he played for the Jazz.

7. Jackson - Again, really? Never heard him complain. Not sure I care though.

8. Cuttino Mobley - See Steve Francis, minus all the dribbling. Anyway, he was just happy to be following Steve to Orlando. They were DL brothas anyway.

9. Glen Rice - Please to prove.

Kthxbye!

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Making this post was the WORST MISTAKE U MADE THIS YEAR BY FAR - you don't go to see the players, you obviously go to see McGrady?

You might not have noticed (because of your McGrady goggles) that the team looks VERY likely to make the playoffs (currently 6th, hardest schedule in the league so far) - why not cheer for the team? They're really doing well.

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Uh... I hate to tell you but the Spurs traded Sean Elliott to Detroit for Dennis Rodman in October of 1993. They later reacquired him.

How about the Lakers? They traded Shaq after he led them to 3 championships. Did that stop players from wanting to play in LA?

The Knicks sat Marbury for a full year. Do you think they won't be able to sign a big name free agent this off season?

NBA is a business and the players fully understand that. Players will go where the money is and to places that give them a chance to win a title. Did Ariza not want to play here because we traded Olajuwon or Francis? Nope.

How many times has Shaq been traded? How about Kidd? Vince Carter? Ray Allen? Iverson? Even Minnesota decided to move on from Garnett. It's a fact of life in the NBA, eventually teams upgrade and players get traded or released.

1 person likes this.
  8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I really should read the entire chain before I post my comments. /Sigh.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Sir, it's called punctuation. Please look into it.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Really? This has got to be one of the weakest arguments I've ever seen presented here. First, the Rockets didn't just trade away Olajuwon. He was at the end of his career, his knees were shot, he wasn't very good anymore but being that he is almost human (he's more god than man) he still believed the offense should be run through him. The Rockets were willing to let him end his career here, they just weren't willing to continue to run the offense through him. Olajuwon asked to be traded. They traded him to the team of his choice. After his one injury plagued and unmemorable season in Toronto, Olajuwon retired. And then what happened? The Rockets retired his jersey in the opening game the following season. I was there. Olajuwon spoke. He was not upset with the Rockets. Then, as soon as the Rockets began working on plans for the Toyota Center, they were in talks with Olajuwon about a way to honor him that was in accordance with his religion. They wanted to place a statue of him outside the building - but instead settled on a statue of his jersey to please Olajuwon. To this day, Olajuwon can occasionally be seen attending games WITH Les Alexander - clearly he resents how he was treated here.

Barkley left the team unhappy, sure.

Pippen got jettisoned after playing terribly, whining and complaining, and getting arrested for drunk driving. He has no room to talk.

Drexler retired (as a Rocket) a little early because he and Barkley weren't getting along. However, he's been connected to the Rockets ever since and, oh yeah, he works for Les Alexander again. I guess he really resents how Les dealt with him.

Francis and Mobley were traded for a superstar. It's a business. There was nothing unprofessional about it. Was Francis happy to be traded? No, he wasn't. But so what? Trades happen in the NBA. And you know, McGrady made that trade possible by doing what exactly? Oh yeah. Demanding to be traded because he wasn't getting his way.

As for Shandon Anderson, Jim Jackson and Glen Rice.... REALLY??!?!?! ARE YOU JOKING?!?!?! All of those guys should just be glad they got paid what they did. Jim Jackson is the only of those three who truly earned his pay check here - and how many times was he traded? I can't believe you'd fault the Rockets for that.

Get real.

#50 Williamson, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

First, I'm always pleased to see a post by you.

Second, that isn't even the only time the Spurs traded Sean Elliott. They traded him to the Rockets too (for Robert Horry I believe), but he didn't pass the physical so the trade was rescinded.

12. tested911

tested911 Member

I wouldn't mind being used like a cheap w**** if someone paid me $23 Million frigin dollars...

Give me a break.. I don't feel any sympathy for these high paid athletes..

I can see it now when Stacy McLady is driving home in his $400,000 Bentley to his $12,000,000 House in Sugar Land crying that the Rockets dumped him.. Then he say's to himself wait "I'm Rich Bi@%h" and then goes on a weekend getaway on his PRIVATE PLANE (worth millions) at the Sugar Land airport. And while in flight ponders what team will snatch him up and get paid at least a mid-level salary (worth many more millions) on his next contract..

Yeah I cry for Tracy :rolleyes:

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Actually the recinded Horry/ Bullard / Elliott trade was between Houston and Detroit.

14. PeppermintCandy

In the post-Jordan era, how many star players have stayed and retired with their original teams? And how many can we expect to do so? Yao, Duncan, and maybe a few others, but the list is real short.

15. Curly

Curly Member

Suddenly have no desire to let my kids go to McDonalds and order a happy meal again...or at least not order the 6 piece Mcnuthugger meal.

16. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Get your facts straight - if Dream left on such bad terms, why does he still come to game and sit with Les Alexander. He was finished as a player, but lost a ton of money sue to bad investments so he needed a pay check - the Rockets traded him so he could get that last $4M payday. Drexler retired a Rocket

...and you have the gall to bring up Scotty Quitten?!?!?!

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False... Tracy made the terms bad. The terms are perfect...

How long will Tracy piss on the toilet seat before deciding to lift it up?

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maxwell - If they made him an extension at the beginning of the season ...
    ok, it was Max's fault

Dream - Les's fault
    Rudy T - Les's fault
    JVG - Les's fault
    Barkley -Les's fault (allegedly)

Tmac - that was Tmac's fault.

19. DanielYoung

DanielYoung Member

Houston is HELL for superstars!!!!!

20. tosweet68

tosweet68 Member

Yeah...that's why so many keep coming here :rolleyes: