1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Parity Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pgabriel, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

I prefer 2 star duos surrounded by role players IE the 90s.

This era could end up like the 80s. The 80s wasn't just LA and Boston. The Sixers were right there most of the beginning of the decade and the Pistons finished it off. There were several other good teams.

We have yet to see how this summer goes. There's a lot of guys out there who could say F IT, lets create our own super team together and then a couple of other lower tier all-stars team up and create one of those "other good teams" that could give trouble but no one expects to win(ie 80s Bucks or Hawks). Then you still have young teams like the Pelicans with 2 stars that could make a jump into contender status. TWolves and Sixers, etc. The question is, do they even bother trying to build a contender or just prefer to tank for more future stars in the draft?

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think the parity fix is a lot easier than most realize. Make two deals a max and super max deal. Make a super max contract such that only one player can receive it, and make it so that it consumes roughly 50% of your cap space. If a player has a super max deal, no other player can be signed to one either (bird rights or not). Make it so that players are leaving gobs of money on the table to form super teams, not drops.

If Durant was leaving $10-$20 mil a year on the table to join the warriors then so be it, otherwise, I don't think we would see Durant going to the warriors, taking a paycut while watching Curry and Thompson get theirs. He would have either stayed in OKC or went to Washington.

What if the super max was $65 million a year, or in that range. Then a "max" deal could be in the $25-$45 million range. It's like franchise tagging, but it's more of a commitment between the player and the franchise.

I don't know, maybe this is heavily flawed in some way I'm not seeing.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I think that's too restrictive. The answer is much simpler. Let LeBron earn what LeBron deserves. durant, curry, LeBron, harden, westbrook, etc. deserve at least 45-50 million a year. why is mike conley getting paid the same as Davis when people will gladly pay Davis more?

The Max needs to be the max you are willing to pay the best players in the NBA

PERIOD