1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another option at #5?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aelliott, May 8, 2002.

1. Greg M

Greg M Member

12 hours of work and I come home to this? *sigh* You are one bitter dude. I just want to say one last think and after that I will not reply to another post. You can feel free to email me at gmchaffie@yahoo.com.

Georgia is not Russian. Never was and never will be. I'm not insulting the Georgians. I'm saying that the Soviet's used them and got little in return. That is a fact. The second fact is that they didn't invest nearly the same amount of money in the area that the got out of it. As far as me not dropping the subject, I tried to do it twice. I stated I don't want to go back and forth on this arguement but when you attack me so disrespectfully I had to retort. Now I'm done playing in this post. I hope you're not alway this spiteful...hopefully it's just a cyberthing. Peace.

Oh and NJRocket, stay the hell out of this.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How about all the ones that didn't take ballet that were great?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

JayZ,

did you really go to Rice?

4. Sane

Sane Member

I went to Baku as a child, I don't remember anything from that. What I do remember is when I went at 15 years of age. But there's no reason to think there were no ballet classes. Karl Malone does ballet. Has it done anything for his agility? I don't know, I just don't think he's very agile. I don't know why everyone can't learn the pirouette if they really wanted to (like this guy) and weer in the shape he's in. It's tough, but if you really want, it's very achievable.

I'd also like to say I'd understand why anyone would think whatever they're thinking in their conversation about Geogia. But I do know that politics are not allowed on this board, so it would be better if you stopped talking it. BTW, the U.A.E. is the United Aran Emirates. If you're ever here, don't EVER tell anyone of the locals/nationals that the U.A.E. is next to Qatar. Qatar is next to the U.A.E., got it? LOL, it's for your own sake. Oh, and just for the record, I'm iranian, I just live here. That's why I went to Baku, just on a week-long trip, and I went by car.

Ba3raf inno kabar raso, 3ashan heyk ma badi adkhul el mauodhou3.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Nope. Never claimed to. I've just seen you get into more heated arguments in the past with mroe important people that haven't gone as well. One of the first things I learned on this BBS was to eventually stop arguing with someone, whether right or wrong.

6. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, I missed the heat of the ballet discussion! I am so lame. :(

I know ballet, too. :) I have never studied, but I have been around it. My sister studied at one of the best programs in the country...I lived with two psycho ballerians my soph year in college, and I knew who Balanchine was. What do I win? Oh yeah, I played soccer for 11 years, too...now do I win something?

Footwork is the wrong word. Someone who studied ballet for most of their life would be agile, though (different than Malone trying to pick it up later in life). But nothing can replace basketball training and experience in regards to being basketball agile, skilled, etc. Of course, starting later also does not immediately mean will end up not as good. So the circle spins out of control until heyp and Greg M are blended into one person who only who thinks NASCAR is the best training method.

Incidentally, this kid is 19. The year is 2002. The USSR broke down in 1989. 2002 - 1989 = 13. 19 - 13 = 6. Kids generally don't start ballet until 4-5 and even then it is just so parents can all laugh at them in poofy costumes and say "oh, how cute!" when none of them can remember what move goes when. Real ballet does not start until later.

On a related, and more important, point...isn't it obvious that all of this European player hype is really just the internal racism of our society manifesting itself in an attempt to bring more white people into the NBA? This goes for Ming too. He can be seen as white to anti-black racists. Hell, my wife is darker and sometimes people put her down as white/caucasion. You gotta love ignorant people.

So my point in regards to the former subject is that I know a lot, but still know nothing. The point of the latter was that racism is bad and you are all racist.

Any questions?

7. heypartner

arriving late!!!!!!

Sometimes you are just so worthless, rimbaud, it makes me mad. ;)

I think Fran Blinebury must agree with your "last more important point." Hey, but don't make this a "heated argument." You get in more heated arguments than anyone I know. btw: why are they "heated arguments" in the Rockets forum but "lively debate" in the hangout.

Do you ever expect a truce rimbaud after taking personal jabs at people. As Achebe would say:

Truce THIS:

<b>.|.. ..|.</b>

LOL!!!! :D

oooh, that felt sooooooooo good. Achebe is onto something, you have to admit.

I was just asking because you always like to butt in on "heated arguments," like many a bored Rice student who I knew would. I've never seen anyone butt into other people's conversations more than you. I started off talking to Raven, and Greg M butts in, then you butt in. Maybe you all just should not start arguments by butting into other people's pleasant and fun conversations by spewing crap about topics that you know nothing about, like Georgian Ballet dancers and the history of Russian ballet.

"Hey, I want to restart a debate about the 'evil empire' because HP is ignoring me and take a personal jab at him, but don't argue back with me." :rolleyes: That is exactly what Greg M did. Quit butting in JayZ, or do you just need attention, too. Hey, is this really a heated argument, or are *you* just making it one.

stop the histrionics JayZ. If you want to help a topic, then just discuss it. Go back and read this topic and see who actually attempted to give information about Euro players that Tsika is being compared too, and who just wanted to argue. You are in the latter set of people.

#67 heypartner, May 11, 2002
    Last edited: May 11, 2002
  8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you meant Greg M when speaking of a truce and taking persoanl jabs at you, neither of which I did or promoted.

I never get into heated arguments. You just think they are heated because you are not the "smartest bbs poster."

Damn...Blinebury would agree with the racism thingie? Hmm...Maybe I meant to say that I am the racist one. I just hate white people...because I am not white. Yep. That is it. Sorry for letting my bias get in the way by creating false accusations of racism just to make myself feel better. Fran - you are an idiot...you cannot agree with something that I just made up in order to keep whitey down.

By the way, heyp, Achebe resorted to those tactics and is now hiding from the bbs because he could not keep up. He thought that studying rocks was "cool" and "smart." Once he realized that he could not compete with me, he invented some wifey story to make himself look better (man, that must mean it is really bad to be me...since having a controlling wife would sound better...wow, I suck). Looks like I must appropriate heb's tactic and subvert it by turning it on myself.

.l.. ..l. ---> rimmy

Now I feel better.

9. heypartner

So, you don't want a truce do you rimmy. You just want to turn this into a Fran separatist argument, don't you.

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

rimbaud, quit acting like you're not some elite white guy. your gay moniker and the fact that you have a billion posts just proves the point.

btw, i really do have a dominating wife. that's why i only visit the bbs using netscape (we usually use ie... for that reason i also visit p*rn sites using netscape, that way i don't have to conspicuously delete my history every night, or 3 times a day... however much leisure time i have). she's finishing some stats right now or else I would have never been able to come here now.

oh yeah i would never use a euphemism/pejorative or whatever like 'gay' around her. Lately I've been trying out the term 'r****ded' but i don't think we're going to tolerate that term much longer. luckily she's going to let me fly fish today so i can be a 'man' (ie stay out of the house for a while so she can get stuff done). well, see you guys later

\||/,

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I don't post much, although I spend as much or more time here than most. I love the Rockets. I appreciate the ability to get the best Rocket information and analysis available on the web from posters like yourselves.

An aelliott thread, a respected poster who imo does not post often enough, providing valuable information on a hitherto "unknown" prospect deserves better.

Go Rockets. This guy sounds like a nice prospect. Thanks for the article aelliott.

12. heypartner

I agree.

Truce Rashmon.

Peace.

I really did not mean to derail the tread when I wanted to explain how Kirilenko was draftedt in 1999 and Gasol and Dirk had better pre-draft credentials than Tsika. I am the only poster in this thread who added to aelliott's articles with more analysis...am I not correct in saying that.

Dude, I respect your respect for aelliott (who schools me on the CBA and rules all the time,,,,,,if not more) but

r.e.a.l.l.y.

you are offering nothing new to this tread. What is you point other than saying.."hey, I never post...but"

you know, just tip your bartender and say that.

13. heypartner

14. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

i was looking on the web for a smiley getting pumped larger and larger full of hot air until it popped but i couldn't find one...

sorry

15. JayZ750

Sometimes I think there is hope for you, but then you post crap like this which got you kicked off in the first place.

If you don't want to take my advice, then fine, but there's in no need to be an a$$hole and insult Rice students at the same time - harboring some sort of grudge against them for some reason.

You are, in my opinion, what is wrong with this BBS, with your high and mighty, know it all attitude. Pathetic (come on, respond with something that's way too long, way too egotistical, and add a pathetic at the end, in bold, with a rolleyes - you know you want to).

16. heypartner

JayZ

Another sign you have no idea what you are talking about, yet you still persist...

I did not get kicked off the BBS to come back with a big apology like you want to believe, anymore than popeye did.

Do you understand THAT.

That is merely another example of you not knowing what the F!ck you are talking about, yet you want to speak, still. Guys like you who interupt other people's conversation and interject Ivy League bullsh!t that you do not know anything about ...

are what is wrong with this BBS.

btw: Did you REALLY say I insulted Rice students!!! I am a Rice grad. I have 6 siblings who went to Rice from the cornfields of Illinois. I have no problem with my ego about Rice students. Yet another example of you talking about something that you know absolutely nothing about.

#76 heypartner, May 11, 2002
  17. JayZ750

Thank you for proving my point. Point to the statement where I said anything about you coming back with a big apology or even mentioned popeye at all. You're a classic internet dork, but it's pretty funny though. Predicted heypartner response: "Jay-Z, stop the histrionics, I'm not a racist even though you said I was". I kid, I kid...no, wait, I don't.

Btw: my girlfriend went to Rice and you did insult them. Wait...you said you didn't so you must not have, especially since you have 15 family members who went there, a pet owl, and could give me a 3 hour dissertation on the founding of the school. Do you know who William Marsh Rice is? Cause if not, then you obivously could know absolutely nothing about the school. Did I mention how egotistical you;re posts are?? Someday you might learn that people ARE actually adding to the bbs and individual threads when they politefully tell you to stop being a dick and arguing just for the sake of it, but I doubt it. :rolleyes:

#77 JayZ750, May 11, 2002
  18. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

What about Melvin Ely or Udonis Haslem?

Wouldn't getting these guys be more sensible than being interested in Mike Dunleavy Jr?

Houston needs a banger, or enforcer type who'll take space in the paint and box-out.

19. heypartner

JayZ

We all know your girlfriend went to Rice and you are in the Ivy League. I was just poking fun at that. Keep up, would you.

You just like to butt into other people's conversations like the Harvard dork in Good Will Hunting at the bar trying to hit on Minnie Driver, while Greg M is watching too much James Bond history of the USSR and probably Company Man with the prima dona ballerina defecting from Russia.

Reread the tread. You have offered nothing to this thread other that your big chance to shove something down my throat.

you are the dork getting personal.

"thanks for proving me point."

20. brocktoon

brocktoon Contributing Member

I'm a little bit of a bulletin board novice, so these may be silly questions...but does saying "You've added no value to this thread" actually add value to a thread? Also, how exactly does one butt in on a "conversation" on something posted in a public bulletin board forum? Just wondering....

Oh, and I know that I have also added no value to the thread, so please refrain from pointing it out. It will only hurt my feelings.