1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another March Tournament? Madness!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rockets-#1, Mar 11, 2005.

?

Pleas read the bold on my post first before voting

1. Yes! - I would definitely participate in the thread and think a lot of others would, too.

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes, but not now - It's a good idea, but hold off for now until after the other tourney is done or a

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Maybe - I'm kinda neutral. I might participate in some of it.

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. No - I don't think it would get much participation, enough tourneys for now, not a good subject.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Stop Posting - You'd be better served lurking.

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Okay, so I really love the idea of the 64 slot tournament. It's one of the most exciting things in sports, and it makes for one of the most entertaining threads, I believe. This site has had one before with BBS posters and currently one with Rock bands. I think it's a good getaway in the Hangout from all the "woman does _____ to man's _____" or "teacher & student______" threads that constantly come up.

Since we already have a big thread going on now, it might be a bad time to start another. I really love the idea, though, and have been contemplating ideas on what would make for a good tournament. First, I thought NBA players considering this site revolves around the Rockets, but then I considered we all know who would win. Then, I thought movies, but it would be impossible to appease even a majority of the posters. Eventually, I thought of something we could all agree on....

I'm always seeing people post who they hate/find to be utterly annoying/they can't stand. So, I figured I'd start a tournament with the teams/slots being "the most annoying people/people you dislike/can't stand/hate."

Sorry for the long post, but as I said I'm not sure if this would be a good time to start this with the other tourney goin' on. I don't want either to take steam from the other. I think when you'll see who I've thought up of, you'll want to vote.

First, I ask you these questions for the poll:

Is now a good time to start the Annoying People Tourney?

Yes! - I would definitely participate in the thread and think a lot of others would, too.
    Yes, but not now - It's a good idea, but hold off for now until after the other tourney is done or a month from now.
    Maybe - I'm kinda neutral. I might participate in some of it.
    No - I don't think it would get much participation, enough tourneys for now, not a good subject.
    Stop Posting - You'd be better served lurking.

Possible participants: Some feature multiple people combined into one so as to fit as many categories as possible
    Britney Spears --- Paris Hilton --- Anna Nicole Smith --- The Cast of the View (Barbara Walters, Star Jones, etc.) --- Ashlee Simpson ---Michael Moore --- Bill O'Reilly --- Martha Stewart --- Howard Stern --- Judge Judy --- Mike Tyson --- Justin Timberlake --- Barry Bonds --- Scottie Quitten --- Clay Aiken --- Karla Malone, John Flopton, & the Utah j*zz --- NY Yankees/Steinbrenner --- The Cast of Queer Eye For the Straight Guy --- Celine Dion --- Carrot Top --- Scott Boras/Carlos Beltran --- William Hung --- David Letterman --- Jay Leno --- Jar-Jar Binks --- Stephen A. Smith --- Jim Gray -William Shatner ---Wanna-be Punk/Pop whiny voice bands (New Found Glory/Yellowcard/etc. --- Rediculous trade proposer thread-starters --- Jose Canseco ------ Wayne Newton --- Yoko Ono --- Sponge-Bob Square-Pants --- The Cast of Friends --- Terrel Owens --- Randy Moss --- Dan Imbeceli --- Dr. Phil --- Courtney Love --- Mainstream Rappers (50 Cent, Lil' Jon, etc.) --- Attorneys with TV ads (Ronni Deutch, Jim Adler, Steve Lee, etc.) --- Michael Jackson --- Keanu Reeves --- Steven Seagal --- Kathy Griffin --- Rosie O'Donnel --- Ellen DeGeneres --- Carson Daly --- Barabra Streisand --- Richard Simmons --- Axl Rose - Harry Potter --- American Idol (the winners, judges, host Ryan Seacrest) --- NHL Players Assoc. --- Chairman of the FCC --- Todd Bertuzzi --- The Cast of MADTv --- The Current Cast of SNL/writers --- Eddie Griffin (former Rocket, not actor) --- TV Chefs (Emiril, Wolfgang, etc.) --- Stuart Scott --- Telemarketers --- Donald Trump --- Joan Rivers --- Fred Durst --- NBA Referees --- Hillary Duff --- Don King --- Sammy Hagar --- Fran Drescher ----- Richard Justice

You might infer I've already spent a lot of time on this, so I hope y'all would want to particpate in this, if not now, sometime in the future. If yes, then I'm definitely open to suggestions on if there are people who I've left out. The #1 and only rule is I'm keeping politics out of this. We don't need to bring the D&D into something that should be fun. I have O'Reilly in there based on the fact he screams and is a d***head. Moore is there because he's fat, ugly, and is a questionable director (I don't know haven't seen Farenheight). Those two themselves are pushing it, so they might be taken out.

I already have brackets set up partially and know how I've grouped the participants into different groups such as "sports stars" "bad actors" "people who've broken up bands" "annoying as hell voices" etc.

There's some things I've thought of that I don't want to put on the list but definitely might be lobbied for around here... Jeff Van Gundy, Steve Francis, The Cubs... If this happens, I'd want it to be on singular subjects, not teams and specific people, not concepts like "traffic." Hey maybe we can get some posters in there, too, such as edc (the poster who won't let the "Fire Gundy" thread die);) or Fatty FatBastard.;)

Also, I have a really hard time putting in amazingly hot women such as Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, etc. They are too beautiful for me to want against. Spears just does so much stupid stuff to attract attention that she has to be in it.

Soooo, I thank very much whoever may have taken the time to read that. What do y'all think? Any suggestions for participants? Is now the time to go through with this? Would it be funny and interesting? I hope we can do this.

#1 rockets-#1, Mar 11, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  2. rockets-#1

Oh what the hell? Why is everyone ignoring this? Don't be afraid to do some reading. That's what y'all do when you visit this BBS. Just skim it and read the bold part, please. Thank you

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

read thing. But cann't feel the rush like when I was in college. Plus my school is not even in the tourney this year.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You're just a commentor, not a thread starter. It's ok, just accept it. And welcome to the club, my threads are avoided like the plague.

5. rockets-#1

hahaha:D Your threads avoided like the plague, that's great, moe.

This isn't about me having to have some high response thread. Everyone is always complaining about someone, and rightfully they should. I think this could be a really funny thing, the complaining, dissing, and comparisons. I mean, imagine a Sweet 16 matchup of NBA refs vs. Paris Hilton. How could you pick which one is worse? It could be classic.

I know people out there are glancing at this thread for a sec, at least vote on it.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Actually I think you should do movies. Sports movies! You know..."Brian's Song," "The Longest Yard," "Hoosiers," "Any Given Sunday." That would be cool. Although I don't know if I even know 64 sports movies.

7. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

on a different board i go to they had a tournament to decide the hottest girl, that was pretty cool (winner was elizabeth hurley)

the way it started was a guy made a post telling people to list who they thought was hottest in order, and from that he tallied the votes and seeded the girls and made a bracket, make it top 15 and maybe youll be able to get 64 different girls voted for to make the bracket.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

last time we did a bracket for that, anna was a 16th seed if i recall.

that made me sad.

9. rockets-#1

I like both those ideas, mc mark & travfrancis. I'd be happy to run either one. I enjoy these things, way better than the average thread, I think.

There's been a tournament for hottest girl here before? I don't remember anything in the form of a March Madness tournament. Do you happen to recall the name of the thread?

13 non-negative to 7 negative, so it doesn't seem like what I originally posted is that bad of an idea, also considering 7 thought it would be good right now. I wish more people would vote; I mean why not, people have obviously been viewing the thread, why not vote!?!?:confused:

10. rockets-#1

I'm sorry guys, but I have to bump this.

Let your voice be heard!

Even if it's telling me to shut up and stop posting.

11. rockets-#1

This is the LAST time I bump this thread. I promise!!! I figured I'd so during peak activity. Vote! Thanks.

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I don't understand the original post

too...many...words

too..many...random...people..in..one..paragraph

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

im too lazy to find the hot celebs thread.

14. rockets-#1

It's all the same idea as the Battle of the Bands thread, exact same premise. Instead, insert annoying people/people you dislike in for the bands. The long middle paragraph was suggestions on who the participants could be which is open for suggestions.

I think it could be funny, the way people justify their choice. Just me, though....

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Hmmm.

So your first post could have been:

'It's all the same idea as the Battle of the Bands thread, exact same premise. Suggestions?'

;)

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i will participate. but i would really like it if Quitten would be in it.
    (to bad you do not know all the anyoing Dutch people)

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

R #1, I'll gladly participate if you will include 'stupid people in line at the grocery store or bank in front of me'.

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Is there a spot in the list for people who continually bump their own threads? ;)

19. rockets-#1

Scottie Quitten will definitely be in it. There's no way I'd leave out the worst scum to ever dawn a Rockets uniform.

I'm glad you proposed a suggestion. Part of the point of this thread was to get suggestions that I didn't think of, but I guess people got too distracted by all the reading.

How about calling your suggestion "people who take forever in line." We could use that for the play-in game between 64 & 65.

:D

Now I know everyone is gonna think this is a bump post, but IT'S NOT! I just wanted to say that I am going to start this tourney a while after the Battle of the Bands has passed. If people participate, great - if not, their loss. So, to all you A-holes;) that told me to stop posting...:p

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I like the idea of a tournament, but I prefer hot celebs over annoying people