1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another idiotic giddy abortion thread...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GladiatoRowdy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The fact that you can't see how very wrong this statement is clearly shows how demented and twisted your brain is.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just for reference, what is the percentage of successful birth following IVF? Vast majority of those fertilized eggs do not results in a baby, are we committing murder there as well? to call a fertilized egg a human life is a joke. Why not call sperms and unfertilized eggs human as well?

3. GladiatoRowdy

Yes, you had to make ANOTHER reply after I specifically asked you to start an abortion thread if you wanted to continue talking about it. I haven't said word one about the on-topic posts you made, and you have a LONG, established history of derailing threads with abortion talk anytime you can.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I don't suppose you'd be able to specify rather than just make your wild, hairy accusations, would you?

5. giddyup

Here's your post where you made the request to not continue the discussion. For everyone's benefit, I've boldened the part of your post that actually had to do with that request to not continue to derail.

As you can see the significant majority of your "last" post was still railing on about the right to choose. Shall we count the words?

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

nothing more tiresome than declarations of someone else's insanity by leftists here

insults as a substitute for "Debate & Discussion"

7. GladiatoRowdy

texx posted a blatant, racist rant, I would call that a sign of a deranged mind.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You couldn't refute it, so instead you chose to throw insults at me.

9. GladiatoRowdy

The word "choice" is already part of this discussion because the choice is what I believe every woman deserves.

You are confusing my own personal "line" (the one I would draw if I were supreme Emperor) with the line the law currently allows. No matter what anyone else believes, it is up to the woman to decide whether her uterus is used to bring a fetus to term.

Of course the only difference is development. There is a HUGE difference between a fetus and an infant and while the fetus can only be incubated inside a woman's uterus, that woman has the right to choose whether her uterus is used for that purpose.

I believe that if one is to make an abortion decision, it should be made as early as possible. The later the decision is made, the closer to my personal "line" is. The closer the fetus gets to "viable," the more we should consider it to have rights. As I have said before, I would be comfortable banning abortion when there is a procedure that allows a doctor to remove the fetus and incubate it outside the woman.

Choice trumps your ability to force your personal definition of "life" on another person. You don't get to stick your nose into any uterus but your own.

10. GladiatoRowdy

I didn't HAVE to refute anything, I maintain that it is racist.

Seriously, black people should be happy that their ancestors were enslaved? You're bonkers.

11. bigtexxx

This quote proves you are nothing but a hypocrite. If you truly believed in choice, then you'd give the baby a choice too.

12. bigtexxx

I never said that. You're putting words in my mouth because you cannot defend your own positions.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Can you cite the statistics for the standard of living of black people in Norway vs America? Thanks.

14. CometsWin

A fetus is not a baby, a baby isn't a teenager, a teenager isn't an adult, and an adult isn't a corpse though with sufficient time, safety, and nutrition and without human hostility they will all become those things. All of those things are all nuance of a corpse I guess you would say.

See what I did there giddy? That's giddy nuance.

#94 CometsWin, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  15. CometsWin

The text is right there in your own words. Cancelling the Sunday is not racist though it targets black voters as a secondary criteria but having the Sunday voting is racist because it targets black voters. That's you dude.

16. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have argued nothing of choice - I was only trying to get you to defend your definition of life or at least admit that your position makes the definition meaningless - that you don't care and the act of choice is more important to you than defining or considering life.

So you are killing the author and saying there is no biological definition of life. Life is what the mother says or what modern medicine can allow. Use of quotations doesn't change reality, by the way. Why do you feel the need to minimize? You try to convince yourself that it is not a human yet but it is biological fact that a fetus is a living organism. By terminating you are ending something that is living. But whatever.

This is why abortion threads and debate in general is so stupid. On the one hand you have this stupid thread that giddy somehow forced you to make where you repeat the same choice/freedom combined with "not real life" argument that is always made and on the other there is giddy screaming murder and texx talking about worse than slavery (because at least the darkies got something cool out of it!). Everything is useless and stupid and there is no interest in looking at the real issues. Just winning meaningless points or feeling superior. I know, nothing new yet extremely annoying for something as horrific as this lose-lose issue.

Abortions are terrible. The lack of...ahem...viable alternatives is terrible. People are terrible because they won't admit either of those truths. Blah blah blah.

I don't have a Christian soldier team like giddy and I don't have a faux civil rights team like moon. So **** everybody, right?

17. CometsWin

Actually I have tried to discuss this with giddy as a practical issue. I addressed abortion as an act of personal responsibility and he claimed the only responsible thing in pregnancy is to have an unwanted child. I asked giddy how he proposed that society care for the 50 million abortion children/fetuses since Roe v Wade and he said that the parents who didn't want that child should pay for it. His only concern is to inject himself into the lives of women and determine their futures for them. Like a lot of anti choice people, there's no interest in creating an atmosphere where poor women have options and support to house, feed, educate, and take care of those children. It's just a bunch of lip service to protecting unborn life. Once those kids are born they have little interest in them other than to build plenty of prisons to house them once they go bad.

18. giddyup

A human conception will normally result in a human baby. That is an OBSERVATION not a definition. See how that works?

#98 giddyup, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  19. giddyup

"Secondary' criteria is ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. The goal was Democratic turnout and the excessively permissive Sunday voting privilege was the low-lying fruit. The only color that really mattered was blue...

20. giddyup

My interest is in saving the innocent life. People need to assume the responsibility for the "problems" they create with their own lives. There will always be help for them, some might be government, but knowing people most will come from churches.

I wish you would stop putting words into my mouth. No one has to buy your bleak predictions.

"It's just a bunch of lip service to protect unborn life..."? WOW... like that is a bad thing. You almost seem to be making a case for abortion as crime prevention....