1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Another idiotic giddy abortion thread...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GladiatoRowdy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're thinking of Batman Jones, who is both liberal and not a fan of abortions. You guys love to put liberals in a nice tidy box, where they're all alike. Well, they aren't all alike. If we were, we would have won more elections.

As for the United States being at some point in relation to "the crapper?" The conservative extremists of the Republican Party, not all conservatives, but the extremists that currently control the GOP, are the ones busy putting the United States in the toilet.

If you're going to talk crap, at least get your **** straight, dude.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Would you agree with the following statement:

At six weeks, abortion stops a beating heart.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uZVHroDfDv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Again, you use the word 'heart' to described a cluster of cells.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

".... they are coordinated in an intact heart so that all cells beat synchronously."

Similar is not the same, no?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5uKMM8Od9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this a heart?

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

with unique DNA from the mother

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

History will not be kind to the abortion era. A shameful era in American society even worse than slavery.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, for Christ's sake. You just had to go there, didn't you.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Earth was flat for thousands of years. People say bless you after a sneeze because people thought it was caused by demons. This what you're stooping to now?

These are your own words on your strategy of redefinition. It's what you do, whether it's this topic or anything else.

Here's some more from you. I asked this...

This was your reply...

After someone called you out on this you did your giddy nuance and flip flopped like you tend to do.

In this thread about the Florida voter suppression of blacks you said this... at the beginning of your post you say in a case where blacks vote overwhelmingly on one day, that these voters aren't being targetted by race but rather by party. Then, you say at the end of your post that having a Sunday catering to one race (not party, huh?) is racist. That's called giddy nuance right there.

Some more giddy nuance. Apparently, cutting out a day that blacks tend to use to go to the polls en masse isn't racist but wanting to preserve that day for ANYBODY to vote is racist. WHAT?

You don't just behave this way on abortion, you do it with all kinds of topics and you seriously have this nerve to act all sanctimonious about truth and accuracy. Give it a rest, crazy.

10. bigtexxx

over 55,000,000 babies killed in the US since Roe v Wade

Slavery was an atrocious era as well. However, at least there were some long term benefits -- e.g., American blacks have the highest standard of living of any black people on earth.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're trolling.

12. bigtexxx

which of those facts do you disagree with?

13. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

It's difficult to argue with someone who doesn't believe that 'facts' exist.

14. giddyup

No it wasn't.

15. giddyup

It's YOUR side that is re-defining, not my side... so you see it's actually what you do not me.

I have no concern about what is thought to be the difference between an embryo a zygote or a fetus. They are all nuance of a Baby which will be born with sufficient time, safety and nutrition and without human hostility.

16. giddyup

Have no idea what you mean to do here. All I said is that people should be responsible for the children they create whether they choose to raise them themselves or put them up for adoption. What is there to be "called out" for and how do you see me flip-flopping?

17. giddyup

All I said is that the consultants' aim was to affect Democratic voter turnout. The obvious best way to do this was to eliminate the one unusual day of voting that was created as a favor to black voters. Was that creation a racist motive or a political motive or both? I say both, whereas the elimination of that special voting day was just political and not racist because the vote tallies know no color-- except Red or Blue.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

No, I wanted to give thadeus the respect of not derailing his thread. I gave you the option to create your own thread, but you chose to continue the derail even after I pointed out that you were about to repeat a pattern and gave you the option to frame the discussion in any way you saw fit.

I haven't "whined" in the least. I asked you to stop what looked to me to be a coming derail (good guess, huh?) and you chose to continue the derail in a pretty nasty way.

19. giddyup

I made one reply to your last "contribution" and you call that derailment? Hey you're the one that helped CometsWin start down that path. I just chimed in post for post on that topic and made MORE posts about other aspects of that thread and you are delusionally hung up on this silly notion of derailment.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

History is already not kind to those who support paper bans on almost all behavior which occurs between consenting adults. The era in America with back alley abortions and women dying from what should be a relatively benign procedure is one to which few Americans want to return, with good reason.

As for the "slavery" comparison. :rolleyes:

A much better comparison given the high percentage of black and brown people in prison and the fact that many of them work and make money for the privatized prison industry is that the drug war is the slavery which is legally allowed in the 21st century.