1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another idiotic giddy abortion thread...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GladiatoRowdy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, you're seeing a group of myocytes that have formed monolayers between the cells.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

with unique DNA from the mother

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yes, some of us have accepted the facts presented to us by science and others do everything in their power to ignore those facts because of their own, personal moral beliefs.

4. GladiatoRowdy

And if we could remove that embryo from the womb at five weeks without damaging it, I would support that procedure replacing abortion. Sadly, our technology isn't there yet.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You liberals are an odd bunch.

-United States has more violence than the average industrialized nations
    -United States has a lower intelligence level than the average industrialized nations
    -United States is near the bottom in health care compared to the average industrialized nation
    -Quality of living is lower than average compared to other industrialized nations
    -United States fights more wars on average than the other industrialized nations.

on and on and on....this United States you liberals speak of seems really crappy.

Conservatives preach that this country is going into the crapper. Liberals preach its already in the crapper.

Speaking of, weren't you the one who was a victim of a hit and run in one of those superior countries? And instead of treating you, they laughed and sent you packing back home untreated? Yeaaahh, that would have happened in our inferior country.

6. GladiatoRowdy

I answered you, then specifically asked you to start an abortion thread if you wanted further discussion, at which point you decided to discuss further in that thread rather than starting one for your own personal obsession.

7. GladiatoRowdy

You're mistaking me for someone else and I'm sorry that you can't accept facts about the United States, but your refusal to accept those facts doesn't make them any less factual.

BTW, I'm much closer to libertarian than liberal.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What facts? That a 20 week-old fetus can't survive on it's own? I knew that already. It does not make them inhuman.

Newflash: there's a bunch of 84 YOs that can't survive on their own either. In fact in this day and age there's a bunch of 27 YOs that need someone else to just survive...

9. GladiatoRowdy

It makes it a fetus.

Personally, I think the decision should be made LONG before it gets to 20 weeks, but it is a decision that belongs to the woman in whose uterus the fetus is developing.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its factual that the United States is crappy? I really don't care what statistics is spun to make us look like a substandard country. The fact remains is that most Americans believe we are one of the greatest countries and are happy to live here. The evidence is our high migration rate.

I highly encourage you to emigrate to one of these superior countries.

11. giddyup

Wishing won't make it so...

I made one additional post (#102) about the abortion issue. This was a direct response to your post #99 where you expressed a wish not to derail the thread topic.

I made other posts #97, #101, #105, #106 and #110 in response to varying posters (rocketjukoda, FranchiseBlade, rhadamanthus and Steve_Franics_Rules) and NONE, ZERO as in NOT ANY of those posts were about abortion. They were about the global warming topic that had also been introduced.

That is a pathetic performance for someone so obsessed about abortion and bound and determined to derail a thread.

In sum, you started the derailment. I responded to your two posts on abortion and you have imagined that I kept on derailing the thread into the topic of abortion.

I guess you just expect me to accept your bullying lies about what was said and who said it and when they said it but... sorry I won't do that. You can't rewrite history anymore than you can rewrite the book of life.

Is this more sad than comical?

12. GladiatoRowdy

I agree we are one of the greatest countries and I am THRILLED to live here. However, I still have the ability to look at the things in this country which ARE "crappy" with an eye to correct those things.

13. GladiatoRowdy

It is definitely sad that you would deny reality like that. I specifically asked you to start an abortion thread if you wanted a tangent into that topic, as you so often do. This thread is based as much on your posting history as it is this specific thread.

I wanted to remain respectful to the OP of the other thread by not dragging yet ANOTHER giddy abortion debate into an off-topic thread. I really thought that when I specifically asked you not to continue along that line that you might listen. You didn't, this thread is the result. On the up side, these fifty posts didn't derail that other thread, so mission accomplished.

14. giddyup

Deny reality?

I matched your posts, period.

You said I derailed the thread (you did that) and continued to do so after you posted your appeal. I only responded to your comments that made up the bulk of the post where you made an appeal. Exactly how did I not listen... as you charge?

I matched your posts, period and you launched it. HA-HA.

15. GladiatoRowdy

Yes, you couldn't just let the topic die there, you had to have the last word, which is your pattern. There were a hundred different ways you could have replied, but you chose "You impose a death sentence on the child," which is a comment designed to generate a response. I moved that conversation, the one you so clearly WANTED to have, to a thread that wasn't a derailment.

16. GladiatoRowdy

Yes, you had to have the last word, a particularly nasty set of words at that. This thread is the result.

17. bongman

bongman Member

- Rockets allow the most points per game
    - Rockets rank very low in fast break points allowed
    - Rockets rank very low in 3 and 2 point field goals allowed

Conclusion: I think the Rockets are a crappy team.

Pointing out deficiencies about our current society does not mean it is bad. It is being brought up as a concern so we can do something to improve it.

18. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First, it is premature to bring the word "choice" into a discussion with me because I did not even address that so you have no basis on which to "respond" or define what is mine. All you did was respond by not responding. Dishonest.

So now it has nothing to do with viability it is purely up to the woman to define? What if she fully believes it is a life but doesn't care and wants to end it, anyway? Does that make it a life in your eyes or do you think she is wrong? If 99% of people felt in their gut that abortion is ending a real human life does that mean that the definition has changed? There is no author?

You are getting cute again by sticking to "fetus". The only difference between a fetus and a child is development, not personhood. You can't get around that biologically. You did not engage your difficulty of defining viability as I previously pointed out so should we take it further to babies that are born at full term but not fully developed (mentally, physically, etc)? Is their personhood diminished?

You prefer abortions way earlier than 20 weeks but that neither jibes with your earlier viability theory nor is it very specific. If viability and development are fact then why is that not dictating an immovable line for you beyond a nebulous "viability"? Why do you less like the idea of a 20 week abortion versus a 10 week abortion if neither fetus would be viable in your mind (again, I guess you are disregarding medicine and healthcare because 20 weeks can be viable as I have shown).

I think you don't want to admit that your stance is that choice and societal good trumps the value of the life (because it is lesser, non-viable, etc.) of the fetus/baby/parasite/zygote/cellular entity/space monkey.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Rape should really be the only reason for elective abortions...

If the body cant have a viable pregnancy, then body rejects it...That is normal life...that is what our bodies have done since the beginning of man...

The gift of being a parent is a privilege and blessing. So many couples cant have children on their own and would love to have that experience of have a child... Instead now we have a collection of folks that believe that people aught to have the right of picking the child they wanna have... To them, i ask: how about people become better parents...

20. giddyup

So you can reply to my posts but I cannot reply to yours? In other words, you want the last word; is that right?

Quit the whining. If you or I have something to say, I expect you or I (or anyone else) to say it.