1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Hijacked Plane in the Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Apparently, it is heading towards DC. No idea what is up yet.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Someone had better shoot that thing down before it gets here. I'm serious.

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

It has to be headed for the whitehouse.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

There's NUMEROUS fighter jets circling the White House. Good luck getting within 50 miles of that place.

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Maybe the plane in Pittsburgh was shot down by the USAF?

6. Major

Major Member

Does the US shoot down a plane full of US Citizens, if its headed to an empty (but important) building? I don't want to make that decision. :(

7. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

that plane that was hijacked flying towards Washington, presumably was shot down near Pittsburg

8. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I think you have to. Unfortunately those on board were dead the moment the plane was hijacked. Letting the plane fullfill it's destination crash would only be more lives.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I have to agree with Art.The people on the plane would be gone anyway...still a very tough choice to make :(

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

remember how we grew up w/ the evil diabolic mastermind stories? You always had a Lex Luthor... or Goldfinger, or whomever. But were there ever any real men that had the means to do these things that wasn't a head of state?

I fear that Osama Bin Laden has the wherewithal, and the support to do as he wishes for a long time. Honestly, if the US had the means to kill this guy, he'd be dead by now.

His abilities? He just ****ing destroyed the World Trade Center... he apparently can do as he pleases.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Military jets have scrambled with apparent orders to shoot down ANY airplane entering or flying in U.S. airspace. ..such a tragedy.

btw, the White House has anti-aircraft battery guns atop for such a scenario.

12. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Although there are certainly circumstances where the US has operated outside the law, there has been a law against assassination by US operators since the late 70s. As I voiced earlier, it is time to revoke this law and hunt these bastards down. Bin Laden or not Bin Laden. Whoever harbors him should suffer the same fate. Afghanistan or whothe****ever.

13. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Yeah, but those are made for Cessna's and such, not 7freaking47s.

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

From what I've heard the pilot possibly took the plane down him/herself to keep it from becoming another national disaster.

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Rocketspimp, that is what I heard as well. Also, my mom told me that one plane crashed in Colorado but she didn't hear anymore after she heard that. I don't know. This is such a horrible tragedy.

16. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Also, are these foreign nationals that legally immigarated the country that helped do this? Or, is it that easy to sneak into Boston?

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Are we sure that this is an international terrorist act?

After the Oklahoma City bombing, I'm not so sure anymore.

18. haven

haven Member

The FBI has stated they believe these to be acts of overseas terroirsm.

Bin-laden, Afghanistan, Hamas, and another major Palistinian liberation group have all denied involvement. In the past, they've acknowledged such things. Of course, such a disaster has never taken place, so maybe they're scared.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I think it has to be overseas terrorism. It's one thing to bomb one building, but to have 4 or 5 airplanes hijacked from different parts of the country, I doubt if it's domestic terrorism.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It's kind of weird to see the world's most wanted terrorist afraid of U.S. retailiation.