1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Any proof to your claims that this is a false flag? Anything at all?

Eric Riley likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

“There’s new information coming out”.... of 4Chan & white nationalist/Qanon Reddit threads which I frequent and try to spread here is what you really are saying.

This type of garbage conspiracy theory also predicted a few weeks ago through a “tip” that Hillary Clinton was about to get arrested.

The mods here should take notice of an obvious attempt to spread dangerous radicalized propaganda that originated from hate sites. GTFO of here with your false flag bullsh$t. This is a good community of lots of really good people some who don’t agree on politics. Take your white nationalist propaganda back to the bowels of the Internet. We are better than this.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile, is trump busy on the back nine today as he was yesterday?

Eric Riley and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No and anyone who believes bulls**t like this is an idiot.

Eric Riley and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Serious response: bringing up alcohol related or other traffic deaths as a way of deflecting mass shootings spurred by white nationalistic hatred?

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Nope

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah conspiracy theories should def. be allowed in all forms. Freedom of thought and speech are vital to the republic, even if many are distasteful or far fetched.

BruceAndre likes this.
  8. dobro1229

Sad thing is he’s closer to the truth than he thinks, but not in the way he’s trying to sell it.

The way these guys are getting connected is through gaming communities (call of duty, etc) and then they shout out to 4chan Facebook, and YouTube channels. I have a friend who I have concerns about that shares these conspiracy theories with our group of friends out of the blue (like the Hillary arrest theory) who is hard to get out of the house often cause he’ll play COD or whatever for hours and when I’m over there and hear what they say to each other during their sessions, it is often very heavily animated around anti immigrant MAGA language

It’s scary sh$t. This is also the “friend” that I was with at the time of ChristChurch who within minutes had the live feed of the shooting and was happy to share with me and my wife at the bar. That feed showed someone who was emulating a COD 1st person shooter game very clearly.

The gaming industry clearly has some blame here although it’s not violent gaming itself that inspires violence... it’s the Hate ideology that is embedded in the gaming community.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Far-right targets immigration activists after deadly El Paso shooting
    https://www.nationalobserver.com/20...ation-activists-after-deadly-el-paso-shooting

This wasn't the first attempt to distract away from trump/right wing/white nationalist responsibility...

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Is a poster trolling the blood of innocent Texans pooling on El Paso streets a discipline-worthy choice? That's not a liberal or conservative question. Just a community question. Literally trolling, by all evidence, in tragedies like these. My head has no shakes left to give.

11. dobro1229

I tend to typically agree with this but in this case I do think the mods should take a look at this one. We have tools here (counter and call out the idiocy) to deal with it, but there does come a point where it can come close to home, and at the very least the mods should play some type of role in at least acknowledging that this site understands any and all potential dangers that persist in online communities.

Eric Riley likes this.
  12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Liberals simply are intolerant to viewpoints other than their own. Look at the pile on they are attempting. With the Antifa event coming up in El Paso, asking the question of whether these are connected is not far fetched.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

There is no going by feeling when it comes to freedom of thought and expression. Let the guy speak, even if it's something most people will disagree with. To suggest censoring people for their opinions and hunches is ridiculous and a dangerous slippery slope towards political censorship, which is the type of environment where real political conspiracy theories can grow without worry.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the **** is wrong with you?

Eric Riley and superfob like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

Read the entire twitter thread...

18. dobro1229

If the terrorist in El Paso had brown skin, and was radicalized on a pro jihad web community and then a poster here brought content and conspiracy from that site here I guarantee you would feel different in this case. At the very least you would at least encourage the mods to look at it.

Shame on me for caring about the level of discourse with our community here and wanting to protect it from being infiltrated with content and conspiracy trafficked from extremist websites... from any side of the political spectrum.

#318 dobro1229, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    B-Bob, Eric Riley and RayRay10 like this.
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

I thought this thread needed a little bit of Jericho.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Pro jihab isn't about political thought. Apples and oranges.