1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is Bull freakin Sh$t. Texas is just very recently open flippin carry. That is a fact.

Don’t give me that crap. Texas... under Abbott... has become a gun deranged festival of ammunition. Even Perry didn’t go as far as Abbott and that’s saying a lot.

We need new representation. I’m sick of this ****.

Eric Riley and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

How old are you?

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's disgusting, but cowards rule the day.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Umm... Wouldn't this have happened under Obama if we had so many "White Supremicists?"

You folks are deranged as well these days.

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

Open carry had nothing to do with this; in fct the one guy who went into protect the children may have saved some lives.

These are Texas "open carry" laws:

Open carry of handguns allowed with permit as long as it is in a belt or shoulder holster. Licenses granted on a Shall-Issue basis. Open carry of long guns allowed without a permit. Local restrictions preempted.

An AK47 would have never been legal. Know your laws before you spew absolute nonsense. You want gun abolition and you know it.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Open carry of an AK47 has always been legal, dopey.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

****ing hell. I feel sick to my stomach. 250 mass shootings in 216 days. On pace to have about 422 mass shootings this year. Last year we had 323.

We are going to shatter our already unbelievably horrific record. We are having on average 1.157 mass shootings per day. This is an emergency.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ok... So what has changed, other than copycat mass shootings?

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

AK47's were a rarity in the states prior to the end of the cold war, and their importation was banned between 1994 and 2004 with the federal assault weapons ban. AR15s and M4 variants didn't have a huge following prior to that ban either. A look through popular gun magazines of the 80's like "guns and ammo" would make you think they didn't really exist outside of the military and LE. After the ban was lifted, imports resumed, and more significantly, domestic production of AR15/M4s for the civilian market has EXPLODED. As an aside, the realism and popularity of shoot 'em up video games has greatly increased during this time period. Not claiming that this is THE root cause, but it certainly exacerbates the issue. We have a culture in America where a LOT of people own extremely modern military style assault weapons, and although the vast majority are not selective fire, they do possess the capability for large capacity magazines and high rates of fire.

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

How old are you?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/explainer/article/gun-laws-regulations-firearms-8381025.php

12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Ban all modern guns and keep the ones that are made in 1791. Problem solved.

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Like Steve said in wonder women maybe we are all to blame. It would be great for those that are Democrats to look at Trump and say let’s blame that guy...or Candace Owens who is black but republican that supposedly inspired the NZ shooter that in turn inspired the coward El Paso shooter as cited in his manifesto. Semi auto guns including the AR-15 and AK variants have been around since the late 1970s to the general public and yet the violence is relatively 2000s and recent? So what has happened is the divide in this country is more pronounced than ever. The left doesn’t like Trump so they will investigate based in part on unverified intel or they will look the way when one of the squad says “some people did something” regarding 9/11...pretty callous way to summarize it. Antifa is more than just throwing rocks. They are beating the crap over the heads of people and the only reason no one has died is sheer luck. Violence is still violence and death is not the only qualifier. The partisan media is way more obvious than at anytime I recall. CNN had to axe 100 jobs due in part to plunging ratings. It use to be that republicans/conservatives and some moderates could kinda watch CNN but the bias is now so blatant, you would have to be stupid to watch CNN very biased and hateful news channel. Of course as Trump calls out the media, the media digs in. There is no doubt those that own and run CNN hate Trump and the feeling is likewise... so this plays out and what does the population do? They choose sides as if there is two teams playing in a football game. But this is no game it’s our country.

I am a supporter of Trump. He has done so much good for the country regarding the economy and that’s the bottom line. Is he perfect as a person? Heck no but I don’t see what he says as racist. He attacks everyone...bush, Obama, white, black, brown. ...that is how he is. He talks from the cuff ...He did say if you don’t like the country you can go back from where you came from but he said you are free to come back but the first part of what he said the left seems to focus. The coward shooter with his twisted mindset is a sad reality. I have multiple AR-15 rifles and more ammunition at home than you can shake a stick at but they are safely secured. I’d rather have it and not need it. I enjoy shooting sports..but I’m not a typical white. I’m half white and half Hispanic. I married a Hispanic and have two daughters. One that leans liberal in thinking and one that prefers Trump. I love them both the same with all my heart. If this coward saw me and my family, I would be instantly a prime target based on what motivated him and my loving family would be massacred.
    That shooter does NOT represent why I support Trump. We want to point our fingers but maybe we all need to realize we are pointing more fingers at ourselves. Maybe we all whether we are black, brown, white Democrat or republican need to ask what can we do different and more importantly come closer to those that differ in our thinking and if the answer is nothing than maybe that is the real problem.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This country has jumped the shark

Invisible Fan and Eric Riley like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Through the internet and by the Fox News - Trump Administration feedback loop - of which you were an uncomfortable yet ultimately willing participant-victim Rod.

Don't leave that part out - but you did.

Newlin likes this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

So...you spent the entire first half of your post pointing a finger at Democrats and basically blaming them and the media for the divide...and then spent the 2nd half of your post saying that we shouldn’t point fingers and should come together.

You can’t have it both ways.

You can’t sit there and extol the virtues of Trump while, in the same post, completely gloss over and disregard what the opposition says about him because he’s your guy...while also stating that we should come closer together.

Compromise is a two way street.