1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, it does get pretty good.

Akame Ga Kill

Crossange

Psychopass

are also great.

Code Geass is the best anime I've seen though.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i just saw the first episode two nights ago and I loved it! gonna catch up on the rest over the next week

this is great new I loved Food Wars - I cant wait to see the second season.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Started watching and am about halfway through. Really liking it so far. And yes the music is excellent. Playing a classical instrument is something I always wished I had learned. I'm somewhat dreading the ending cuz I see where its going :(

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Got the first season of this to watch next just finished watching One Punch it was a lot of fun hoping a second season isn't too far off

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Just started One Punch Man, really enjoying the fight scenes and story. Also love the parody villains and visual cues to other anime characters.

6. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

This season has some pretty good shows so far. Erased has potential for anime of the year. If you're a fan of mystery and thriller then I think you will like Erased.

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Yes I completely agree! I think it's the must watch of the season. I really enjoy the concept of this.

'Boku dake ga inai machi' for the Japanese title

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Came to post about this series. Awesome story this far and the Manga readers say it will get even better. Definitely has potential to go down as an all-time classic.

9. mikus

mikus Member

Thanks for the tip, since so many posters have liked it, I will have to try Erased. I'm a bit short on shows this season. Only following Haikyuu, GATE, and RWBY right now.

10. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Check out Dimension W

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I agree. It had one of the best first episodes of a series I've seen. I do wonder how much the time travel aspect will be incorporated past that first episode though.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

What style of anime is it?

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I enjoyed the first episode too. Wasn't on my radar until you guys suggested it in this thread.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There are already three episodes out (Japanese with English subtitles), you should check them out and it will answer your question. Your mind will be blown, breh. :p

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Oh I've seen the first three that's why I was saying that.

From what I've seen it doesn't seem like his powers will factor much now that he's a kid and until he solves the mystery. Hope I'm wrong because it is an interesting mechanic I like.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah okay. I'm torn between two possible story archs regarding this, wonder how it'll turn out:

Version 1: It was the final time travel and his only chance to solve the case and preventing the murders, which he then succeeds in. Would make for a happy ending.

Version 2: It turns out a bit philosophical and he can't prevent the murders/ someone else dies after he saves the girl/mother, no matter how many times he tries (he said something like "In the end, the negative averages out" when talking about preventing deaths, which sounds a bit like someone else will die eventually, no matter how many people he helps). So in the end he will still lose someone dear to him.

17. mikus

mikus Member

Erased is amazing! I can't wait for the next episode.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Episode 4 is now online.

19. mikus

mikus Member

Tonight, I'll have Erased and GATE to watch.

I binged the first 3 episodes last night and it was just so good that I almost wish I had waited until more episodes were out before watching. This show joins Psycho-Pass in my mind as two shows that could easily translate into compelling live action TV.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just watched the 4th episode, only read the spoiler when you're finished watching it:

Such a happy episode, but then the ending hits hard. Kinda anticipated this, hope she isn't dead. :( If she is, it would support the theory 2 I posted in a spoiler on this page and make for a very sad series. :(