1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anyone catch Dragon Ball Super? I hope this isn't a comedy companion series to Z like Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu was to Full Metal Panic.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Saw Super last night - it was an ok start i felt it had more of a "dragonball" feel to it than DBZ (meaning more comedy)

I just hope it isnt the slow story telling set up like how DBZ was. They hinted at what the impending doom was supposed to be this time but never really went further else into it. I'll keep watching for now.

3. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Super had a good start, I'm just not sure how they will adapt the new movies into the mix, will bog and rof be canon or not. Looking forward to see if it feels like db with the adventure aspect or the action of z, hopefully it's a good mix.

4. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

best summer anime so far Gangsta?

5. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Found this video talking about Satoshi Kon's editing, really great stuff. Truly a tragedy that he died so young. The video creator calls him "the greatest Japanese animator not named Miyazaki," a statement I wholeheartedly agree with.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/101675469?color=f0a400" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/101675469">Satoshi Kon - Editing Space &amp; Time</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/tonyzhou">Tony Zhou</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Just watched the first two episodes of this last night. Really liked it. I like a nice mature anime with good characters so I'm in for this one.

Also I'm liking Dragonball Super for the most part. It seems like the first couple of episodes are showing what everyone is up to and then they will probably get to an impending battle. But I'm a Dragonball Z junky so I'm in for this as well

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I finally got around to watching Steins;Gate this weekend.

Holy crap did it live up to it's praise. It had a lot of the temporal plot holes that basically every time travel story has, but otherwise this moves right near the top of my list. The first half was also one of the funniest anime I've ever seen.

8. mikus

mikus Member

Hey, it's been so quiet around here. What shows are people watching this season?

Lately, I've been watching:

-Season 2 of Baby Steps
    -Just started watching GATE(way better than I expected)
    -Finished Kuroko's Basketball
    -Watched all of Is it wrong to pick up girls in a Dungeon(better than I expected and made me realize how much I enjoy dungeon crawling in RPGs)
    -Just started watching My Love Story(I'm not usually a shoujo series watcher, but I like the big goofy main character, he's like an Asian Shaq)

What else is good this season?

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'm watching Baby Steps as well

also Ace of Diamond second season and Working!!! third season

that's all I'm keeping up with at the moment. I have both Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon and My Love Story on my queue but haven't started either yet.

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

That ace of diamond cliffhanger killed me :(

Baby steps always a good watch.

Overlord, jitsu wa watashi wa, gatchaman crowds.

My teen romantic comedy SNAFU 2 from last season was a favorite watch

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I know right! Seriously, you could have at least shown us the end of the play!

I trust my Sawamura!

Poor guy needs a break!

I also have teen snafu 2 in my queue... I like the first season

12. mikus

mikus Member

Dungeon is only 13 episodes and the story is really only just started by the end of that run. Unfortunately, I think the light novels it is based on isn't much further.

My Love Story is just hilarious. I think I have a LOL moment in every episode. The main character is just a big goofball. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it, even though this type of story doesn't really have much to spoil.

I like GATE because the main character is much older than normal for anime. It states in the first episode that he is 33 years old and the show itself is a good modern world vs fantasy realm crossover.

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Where have you been, breh? Long time no post

14. joesr

joesr Member

Starting anew trying to catch up on One Piece is taking a long time

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I saw the latest ep of super for the first time, and I'm thinking, didn't the movie already cover this??

Filler without intending to be filler? That's The Dragonball spirit...

Also not mentioned yet is God Eater, which is generating hype from the studio that made Unlimited
    Blade Works. I recommend binge watching this as the buildup is looking slow but familiar. Right now it's a mix of Evangelion where you replace Leroy Jenkins with Shinji. So the protagonist is a dumbass, but in a different way, and the growth comes when he gets it over time. It's still worth watching to say the least...

#1575 Invisible Fan, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Mainly reverted back to lurking lol.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What do you guys have that's appropriate for a 9-year-old? We watched RWBY, which had some phenomenal fight scenes.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Every DBZ fan is disappointed in Super. Having to wait for a new DBZ series for so long and it comes out with a retelling of the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies. Not sure why they wouldn't just keep the movies one-offs like they did in the past. At least we know we will be getting a fresh story.. eventually.

I was excited for God Eater, but that first episode was meh.

19. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Yea dude, Steins;Gate is awesome.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Avatar Last Airbender seems age appropriate.