1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Hey it is worth it if only for episode 12. My goodness one of the better anime episodes I have ever seen.

2. dmoneybangbang

No Game, No Life is absolutely awesomely amazing, can't wait for 2nd season (whenever that maybe).

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Season two of Aldnoah Zero just started the other day and bah gawd it's good as ever. Slaine is still a b*stard tho

4. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

I'm mixed about it though

I wish they had followed through on at least one of their deaths, the fact that both lived cheapens how much we hated Slaine from the season finale.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I hear ya. butnat least it's clearly laid out who's the protagonist and antagonist now

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf is with Slaine? Dude is like crazy.

7. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Heck, its now in my list of best fictional speeches of all time. Right below Mel Gibson's speech in Braveheart. Ha!

Same here! :)

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

After all the hype for Sword Art Online, I gave it a shot - I really did. I got through 15 episodes, and even that was kind of hard for me.

Is it even worth continuing if I didn't enjoy it that much thus far? I'd give it a 6/10 (slightly above average) based on the first 15 episodes.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Glad Aldnoah.Zero is back, but I'm disappointed too. Should have followed through.

Question:
    How did they get that Aldnoah drive working again?

I've picked up Noragami on Netflix. We'll see how it goes.

Stop now you've seen the best Sao has to offer.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Youre not alone, i gave it a fair shot as well.

SAO just straight up sucks

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Aldnoah Zero, Tokyo Ghoul, and Kuroko No Basket returning. Parasyte and Yowamushi Pedal reaching climaxes. Death Parade looking pretty damn interesting and promising. Good times for anime.

12. joesr

joesr Member

I think the love for this series has more to deal with the MMO community?

I love SAO and Log Horizon.

13. joesr

joesr Member

Sony makes a cartoonish like anime called Seven Deadly Sins. Perfect amount of action vs story vs comedy! An older one I like is Infinite Stratos. I am just now catching up on anime being long out the game so maybe these two are a bit old. :D

Log Horizon, SAO I like from my MMO perspective. Ofcourse Attack of the Titans.

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'm trying to get into Nanatsu No Taizai, but just haven't had time to fit it in. May have to binge watch later.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

My best guess on th drive is the power is in the blood. I think they said before that's how it works. So the princess' blood that was splattered on Inaho made it work somehow. I assume they scraped that blood off him and are still using it somehow? Only sense I could make of it

16. joesr

joesr Member

I love it. I thought it was gonna be a little childish because the animation looks a bit, how to say, roundish, kiddish? But it's awesome so far!

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Natnasu is pretty awesome. Sleeper hit for sure. Too bad none of the major fansubbers sub it so we could get it earlier/better subs.

18. mikus

mikus Member

I tried to watch a show called Eyeshield 21 which is about American Football, but I am finding that I enjoy magical football less than I enjoy magical basketball(Kuroko). Either that or the show's just not as good. The overdramatic running, passing, and blocking just kinda turns me off.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Hey guys, looking for some suggestions on which animes to watch.

Here's some I've watched and enjoyed

Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    Deadman Wonderland
    DBZ
    Attack on Titan

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Saying you watched and enjoyed Cowboy Bebop and Attack on Titan is like saying you enjoyed Pulp Fiction and the Godfather. Samurai Champloo is made by the same guy that made Cowboy Bebop. I personally didn't enjoy it nearly as much as CB, but many people love it.

If I were gonna suggest an anime in general it would be Neon Genesis Evangelion. I loved it, and it's on many peoples anime Mt.Rushmore. Spice and Wolf is one I personally loved, but it is a major departure from standard animes plot wise.

As for newer anime's Kill la Kill was one I loved, but it has a humor and style that most certainly isn't for everybody. Akame ga Kill was really good too, although extremely depressing.