1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

No Game, No Life just blows all the other shows I've watched out of the water... HxH, SAO, Akame Ga Kill, everything!

1 person likes this.
  2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

3. ashiin

ashiin Member

Would like to know about this too, finished the anime but don't know if i'm interested enough to continue.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Is that Yamaha, gohan or goten? I don't know how they can make frieza relevant because everyone's stronger than him but I'm looking forward to it

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

So I'm all caught up on the Akame Ga Kill manga now, and now that I can see the massive departure the anime took from the source material in the last episode (such as
    Luba's death being completely different, Susanoo's death, Tatsumi and Mine's romantic relationship being well-defined and unambiguous, and leaving out the epic battle of the Jaegers and Night Raid vs the murderous Wild Hunt (speaking of which, HOLY SH-T at the way they killed Bols' wife and daughter),
    ), I think I may be out on it. Unless they're going to go back and adapt some of the material they skipped over, this is a huge disappointment.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought I would post this here for the animation lovers. Pledge to get some action cartoons! Once Legend of Korra is gone there won't be any quality action cartoons left on television. The team this guy has put together for this project is bananas! Many of them coming from projects we know and love..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/473463284/cannon-busters-the-animated-series-pilot

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8WzLljQjIMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. ashiin

ashiin Member

Cliffhanger after cliffhanger for SAO II and Diamond no Ace, I don't think I can take this anymore.

8. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

If you think they're bad, it's about 1000x worse for Naruto fans.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf has Toriyama been doing with DBZ? Its all friendship power and stuff now, nobody even dies. They fight and at the end its like, lets be friends!!!

10. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Future Diary... watch it

11. ashiin

ashiin Member

For all Diamond no Ace watchers
    The game dragged on for a lot of episodes where I kind of began to lost interest, I thought that the upperclassmen were so fleshed out story wise that there was no way they would lose this game.

Holy **** was I wrong, I don't think I've seen a harder hitting loss since the Shohoku vs Kainan game in Slam Dunk.

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I stopped watching after they played the team with the tall pitcher who had a grudge. Just couldnt keep going even though it was my favorites at the time. I ended up spoiling myself deep into the story and it sounds amazing for a sports anime. Any big thing id miss if I stopped all the episodes until the current? xP

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ok, finally got around to watching Akame Ga Kill

WTF, seriously they killed everyone. I'm never against character death, it adds to the tension. But I think that was a step too far, it was dark to the point of being more unsettling than entertaining. After the decapitation I wasn't sure if I even wanted to finish it. Killing off Tatsumi was a nice touch though, all the deaths and I still wasn't prepared for that one.

I still enjoyed it, but a middle ground would have been nice.

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao

yea i couldnt believe they killed tatsumi...i was like no way they kill him, i mean sure kill everyone else but tatsumi? lol, still enjoyed it

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought it was a good Japanesey resolution to agk.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The coronation speech is one of the most inspiring things I've seen.

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Which anime should we be watching next season?

18. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Tokyo Ghoul √A

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Need to get back on this one. I watched the first episode and really liked it but just haven't gotten around to watching the rest

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Watched the first ep and couldn't remember who the hell was fighting who from season 1. lol Kaneki was a total badass though.